Escape from Nude York....( or, I'll have a Big MAC-10, and fries..!)

Turned out great, good job. :+1:

Nice pink dumbbell :crazy_face:

Its colour coordinated, to match my gimp suit / pink cocksock undies / pink MAC-10… Whoops…!! :rofl: :rofl:

Actually, no choice in colour… it was part of a set i bought for phsio, for my arm recovery…

I now use it, for resting the Ipad on, while studying…

Originally red, medinchina paint dye, has now faded to pink…!!

At least it has a flat bit on top…

That’s what she said… :wink:

Really nice job on that build, BME. :+1:

So Hollywood, so not practical, but oh so cool. :clap:

1 Like

Aww, schucks…

Your right, about it not being practical…

To actually see through the scope, your right ear, is into the rear sight, cheek on the upper receiver, and your right eyelashes, would be getting a haircut, via reciprocating bolt, as you go deaf…

but, hey, Hollywood Cool…!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Dammit, another OCD thought…

" in this instance, with this pistol gearbox, would having a longer barrel, improve fps…?"

The mp5, has (a better gearbox, and ), a much longer barrel that terminates near the suppressor…hence a smaller end cap hole…

Should i, or not worth it.?

2nd go, do the whole barrel alignment thing again, then pull the gearbox apart, and fit a much longer barrel…?

One that terminates, just after the 2nd pipe…? that would add 30 cm+ to it…

1 Like

I’ve seen the size of the cylinder in that gearbox. Tiny… :thinking:

IMHO you’d lose a fair bit of FPS if you extend the barrel to the end of the suppressor, and your VE would be horrendous, even if you dropped to something tighter like a 7.3mm IB.

But hey, if it’s easy enough to swap the IB without compromising your t piece, why not give it a crack just for shiggles? You can always trim it back if it’s woeful. :man_shrugging:

Myeh… probs best, to just leave it…

But…

Mac-11 , C02 powered, on the other hand…!!

Whole different ball game there… :wink:

Feel like, we’ve been down this road before…

What about some 1974 John Wayne Mac action in McQ she’s a good one :+1:

That’s the one! :+1:

Heinz baked bean can sized oversized suppressor. :joy:

Might have to go check out my stock of big tube in the back shed.

1 Like

On the subject on Heinz Baked Bean Can suppressors…….

Love the Anton Chigurh “supressed” shotty as a beast of a movie weapon! :flushed::sunglasses:

IMG_3280

IMG_3279

IMG_3278

1 Like

Ya had to show me that McQ shot, hey? :roll_eyes:

It ain’t gonna be as big as John Wayne’s… but is anybody’s? :joy:

Anyway, that’s the biggest tube I’ve got. It’ll do for the inner.

I keep watching it every few years, it’s a great movie.

After watching countless westerns then seeing the man picking up a mac and brassing up a garbage bin in the back range of the store. Then hopping in to his Green Hornet TA Pontiac.

McQ’s 1973 Trans Am–Info Uncovered On Four Movie Cars! — PontiacV8.com

Man if Clint Eastwood and John Wayne could ever get along that would have been a banger detective smash shoot blow up everything movie in the 80’s rocking some big block car melting tires and doing jumps. :+1:

1 Like

@BME I just thought I’d put this here, I know you’re all sorted with your suppressor but anyone else doing this in the future may find it useful.

This is my method of closing up ends on tubes within tubes.

No voodoo, no machinery needed, pretty straight forward.

If you look hard at the pic you can see the lighter white inner tube, the grey outer’s obvious. When I’m dealing with a build up that big, I wrap both ends of the smaller tube with 25mm masking tape to make it a neat sliding fit in the outer. The wrap is usually about 2mm from both ends, leaving a rebate to be filled.

I then epoxy the inner into the outer and let it go off. Once it’s set, I trowel in wood filler ( yes, wood filler ) until it’s proud of the tube ends. I’ve used liquid epoxy, epoxy putty, plastibond, car bog, all sorts and found this the easiest stuff to work with when dry. Once the filler’s hard, go to town and file / sand it flush. You may need to spot fill the odd void and resand but the hardest part of this sanding phase is getting the filler dust out of your t-shirt afterwards.

Wood filler’s not strong but it is porous and that’s a good thing… when you’re done sanding, coat the whole filled area with thin CA ( Zap CA from hobby shops is brilliant for this part ) which will soak into the filler and seriously set it harder than concrete. It’s a bit of a spin on the baking soda and CA concept, just easier.

A couple of minutes to allow the CA to dry, a very light sand with wet and dry and you’re good to go with paint.

Pretty much the same thing if the inner protrudes, just fiddlier filing / sanding.

I’ve done this heaps of time for a really good result, it’s quick, cheap and easy. Apologies for the long post but hopefully someone might find this useful for their bespoke build project.

2 Likes

Nice work, well done! :clap::+1:

I SEE YOUR GUN SILENCER
AND RAISE YOU A TANK SILENCER

1 Like

Holy shit :joy:

You might not hear it, but you you’d see it from the ISS :rofl:

It’s bigger than the tank!

2 Likes

Looks like the logo one of the medical staff submitted to the contest for new logo for ADF Munitions Factory

Twas an ancient cannon with cannon ball on either side at the base of the cannon

I’ve seen the concept designs for that drawn all over toilet walls…

1 Like