Give us your Best Jokes...!

FINALLY GOT A MAUSER FOR MY COLLECTION

1 Like

I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A JOB I CAN SUPLAMENT MY INCOME IN RETIREMENT

THIS IS ME ON MOST DAYS

2 Likes

My wife just wanted me to ask the women in sales when this is coming and how much will it be… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Coming soon, to a location near you…

Apply liberally, to lips…
Avoid applying, to other facial areas…

Non toxic, but do not consume…

If product gets into eyes, wash liberally with water…

Vigourous application, can shorten product life…
Avoid cold temperatures, due to product shrinkage

Available, on Lay-Buy…

White packaging also available, for smaller quantities…

No returns accepted, if unsatisfied with product…

Shall I stop now.?.?!! :rofl: :rofl:

It’s probably fake anyway.

HOW ANTISOCIAL AM I

1 Like

Ah, if only joke#1 were true…

All of our manuals are one ipad nowadays…

But, the total number, of all our manuals, would exceed 10’s of thousands of pages…

As a training captain once said…
" You only need to know One thing, to pass your command training…
Everything, all the time…"

We are the most checked profession in the world, needing to do 4 simulators a year ( where they can throw absolutely anything at you ), emergency procedures, medical checks, Route checks, and ramp checks…

We earn our money, and play for keeps…

A surgeon has one persons life in his hands, we have 180 people trusting us with their lives…

There is the saving…" Flying is hours of boredom, punctuated by moments of sheer terror"… Fly long enough, and you Will have those moments.
I know I have.

If you want a good read, the book “Fate is the hunter”, is a aviation classic…set in the days of aviation infancy, DC2’s /DC3’s etc, this book is his real life stories, of the number of near death incidents he had…

At the start of the book, there is a list of names, of people he knew, who died in accidents…it goes on for several pages…

Memorable mentions include, a plane icing up so badly, the intakes were clogging up…they had to backfire the engines to clear them…landing with about 8 minutes of fuel left, and ice 6 inches thick on the leading edge…

Nearly taking out the Taj-Mahal in India, as unsecured load slid backwards on take off…
(Thats how the cargo 747 crashed)

Well worth a read…

Here’s the vid of the cargo 747 crashing…
Be warned, its pretty horrifying to watch…

3 Likes

Sounds like a good read will look into it

I haven’t checked out your linked video, but I know many Pilots from my family who were ex Vietnam, Helicopter Pilots, Light/Medium Aircraft Pilots and Small Commercial Jet Airline Pilots.

Have followed this industry since I was a little tacker and still do to this day.

I have massive respect for large Commercial Pilots and the insane knowledge and abilities that they have to uphold every single minute of their working lives.

Have always followed real life worldwide Air Crash Investigations, not the Television type shows, but the proper Commercial Industry Standards type Investigations that regulate the whole proper safety structures that mitigate incidents on a global scale.

It’s horrible when you see that major incidents had been caused by something as simple as ice blocking sensors which relayed false information to the Pilots causing them to respond with actions that resulted in catastrophic loss of control of the aircraft :frowning:

Like any new technology, it can be a very helpful tool when everything is going to plan, but when false data/alarms and warnings are screaming out from false information, it becomes very easy for the pilots to try and separate common sense/training from the information that the technology is telling them is wrong.

3 Likes

There used to be a time when the saying was “There hasn’t been an aircraft made that could carry the weight of all the paperwork it took to get it off the ground.”

Working in aircraft maintenance and component manufacture for 20 years during the 70’s and 80’s I can vouch for that…

In this digital era all that info could be stored on a hard drive and carried by a small drone. :laughing:

4 Likes

I DON’T KNOW WHICH ONE OF YOU NEED THIS SO I WILL JUST LEAVE THIS HERE

NOW I KNOW WHICH GROUP TO BLAME

1 Like

Put your case of beer and smokes with your phone in the back seat
you will never forget your kid’s :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This is actually a real restaurant in Japan.
Yes it is funny
But it think it’s a great way to help people suffering with dementia.

I just go to one in Adelaide, order fried steak and get dim sum :roll_eyes: :rofl:

2 Likes

3 Likes

A map Aussies can read finally! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

2 Likes

The Ring Tone is the one that got me giggitting! :joy::+1: