Introduce Yourself!

Hey guys, thought I’d join and maybe be able to contribute something to the discussion here.

My name is Martin, based in China, Dalian right now. Played a bit of paintball and airsoft before, moved to Dalian and got into gelsoft. Got my first rifle - JingJi SLR 4, modded it a bit, and am now waiting for a technician to finish my second rifle which will hopefully be much better.

2 Likes

Hi Martin, welcome to the madhouse mate!
Always great to have international members here to share experiences with this hobby in other countries :sunglasses:

Sounds like you would have a fair bit of knowledge and experience due to being involved with the different sports and looking forward to your involvement with this Forum :+1:

Welcome @Martin !
The SLR is a great starter blaster. When I worked in a store I was ALWAYS glad if a new to the sport person picked up an SLR, as I knew they would only be back for more gels, gear, and upgrades. Very reliable and a good all rounder.

Hello everyone, My name is Chris and I’m from the good ol’ US of A. I’m new to gel blasters save for a couple of the cheaper toy level blasters from amazon. At the moment I have a honey badger and as of today an M4 that’s getting gutted. I don’t come from an airsoft background like a lot of other people here, I originally bought my blaster for a costume but now I’m hooked. I’m hoping to learn about the tech stuff and maybe being the guy people could come to for help with their blasters.

Welcome to the group, Chris! :wave:

Have fun with it all, and keep in mind we’re mostly Aussies in here… sometimes our sense of humour can be a little tricky to get your head around at times. :joy:

But feel free to jump into the banter and discussions, all opinions and points of view are respected and welcomed. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks DocBob! Paintball I’ve played maybe 15 times, so not too much I guess, and airsoft only twice.

Being in China, hanging out with the gelsoft arena’s boss and his close friends, listening to them chat, has been really insightful in terms of the development of gelsoft in China and also the different commercial practices that are going on, some rather unsavoury.

The arena I’m at has a great vibe, everyone calls their hits, and there’s free discussion about what kind of gear people are running. I’ve seen some really tuned up platforms which is also why I’ve been incentivised to take the next step.

Glad to be welcomed and let me know if anyone needs help picking up stuff from China, I’ll help if I can.

2 Likes

It really is, and I’ve modded it to ~78 mps (meters per second) which is just shy of the legal limit of 80 mps,with good accuracy.

2 Likes

Is 80 m/sec now an enforced law in china?

We have been seeing manufacturers dropping performance , to under that limit…

How rigidly is it enforced, at games?

Do people soup up their builds.?
Thanks.

Welcome Martin enjoy the place.

That’s very interesting. Australians work with a mix of metric and imperial. Always rate our velocity in FPS so 80m/s is a bit over 262FPS.

Good to hear some hard evidence of that as retail blasters were coming in under that from a couple years ago :person_shrugging: they seemed to change and we didn’t really know why besides some reports of some restrictions in China being brought in.

Still at that 78m/s you have, it will be good accuracy and it will last a long time. Australia we can spring ours up to the moon, but accuracy tends to go out the window along with gearboxes, gears, ar latches etc. But still it is fun to try. :rofl: :+1:

Fkn AR Latches :rage::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Donald Duck & Goofy + 18

Morning. Names xeta. Name that really matters anyway. Was a member of the old forum. Left that forum a few months before it got shut down. Found this onetime a year ago but decided I didn’t want to get back into all the political bs that always happened in the background of the old one. Read through some stuff here more recently and it seems a lot more chill now.

I took a break from the sport and haven’t been to a game in a year due to serious health issues but going back for my first game in 4 weeks. So I have a lot of services on my blasters to do. I know Krug will know who this is. I also help out the sport community by doing builds and repairs for people as I can. I love seeing people out in the sport and I think this sport is great for people for a number of reasons. I sometimes even accept bribes for ground up builds. Though I do that a lot less now.

I don’t take the sport seriously in any way anymore. So much so that my slr now has a T rex head I made in the end of the fishbone with goggle eyes. Yes. It looks stupid. But it makes me laugh :joy:

3 Likes

Welcome back into the fold, man. :+1:

C’mon… you can’t just leave it up to our imagination.

Let’s see the Jurassic SLR. :joy:

1 Like

I recognize that foregrip :+1:

Hope the health is on the improve road. :v:

I’m impressed…!!

In a similar vein, for when @Deadsquid visits, i might get one of these…

Then, mount it through the barrel, on the front of the M-60…

" The M-Squidsty…!!"

Nice! :laughing:

Almost looks like an albino Barney the dinosaur head on Halle Berry’s body with that foregrip. :joy:

1 Like

:laughing: :rofl: I was thinking an electric tooth brush but Halle Berry will do :laughing:

Yeah. The original I bought from Donnybrook as a joke. But it was printed and made so cheap it broke way too quick. So I decided to remake one in cad and fully re-enforce it with a few bits of metal and a bolt through the middle. I can swing that blaster by that grip and it won’t break now.

Yes that is the hard law. At the arena I go to it’s pretty much enforced if there are “casuals” there to play a pick up game with the rented rifles and the more “veteran” guys mixed in. If it’s a more private game with people running good gear, it’s kind of a gentlemen’s agreement that “ok you can bring your souped up rifles but don’t full auto people and follow the bang bang rule” because everyone is wearing plate carriers and stuff like that.

Yeah I’ve seen some souped up builds with no regard for budget.

4 Likes

Yeah that is unfortunately the hard law and makes sense that those manufacturers that export a lot will follow that rule. However, there are some factories like Ren Xiang that almost exclusively make AK models that will ship their rifles at 90 m/s bone stock. Though people that buy AK’s usually mod them quite heavily and will bring the m/s down to 80.

That is true, you do hit a sort of diminishing returns at around 80, since the gels just get shredded coming out the barrel. You’ll need really good quality gels and some people will even run their gels through some kind of a sifter to make sure the gels are the exact same size for a more consistent performance, but those kind of OCD guys are few and far between.

There are gearboxes and such that can handle higher m/s but it’s just a question of how long, since technically, it’s a piston slamming onto an internal surface non stop, so sooner or later something will have to give. Especially people running the ATM gearboxes with the recoil.

1 Like