Introduce Yourself!

Hello, I’m a complete NOOB so expect some silly questions as i shop for a realistic, metal gas charged Gel Blaster pistol.

Thanks for having me!

5 Likes

Welcome!
Love the the name…… sounds pretty country :sunglasses::joy:

1 Like

That, or he farts on people and walks away.

Hi,
I’m Nathan, I am on the Sunshine Coast and was on the last forum before it disappeared.
I have years of experience with real steel and have taken up gel blasting for the social as well as modding side of it.
I would describe myself as a milsimmer.
I have an AEG LH AUG that I upgraded myself to run 300fps fairly accurately.
An AEG LDT all metal MP5 that is hopefully running better now after a run with issue after issue.
Recently acquired a HPA GBX-LR 4013T (custom JGWorks M4 Destroyer Long) which I am taking out for its first run Sunday.
Also a CO2 APS XTP pistol that is stock standard.
Look forward to picking the brains of the more experienced DIY blaster techs and contributing what I can.

5 Likes

Great introduction and good to see you here!
You have a good selection there and look forward to your help and input.
Let us know how you get on Sunday with the new GBX :+1:

Hi guys! I am Patrick, just joined this awesome forum. I am from NYC, having fun with gel blasters with my 8 YO kid Kevin. I have recently bought the gel blaster surge and Kevin loves playing with it. It feels awesome to join this community. Finger crossed.

8 Likes

welcome aboard. 20 char

2 Likes

Welcome aboard. It is great family fun with the kids for sure :+1:

2 Likes

Hi everybody. From WA and was very much enjoying this hobby until the laws changed over here. Am trying to work out how to DM an admin as I need to ask a few questions. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum, especially great to see another sandgroper on here :+1:
Shoot me a personal message and I can answer whatever questions you have.

Simply click on my avatar and can shoot me a DM :white_check_mark:

Welcome, welcome. Hopefully an admin will help.

1 Like

Am on the job helping with enquiry :+1:

$110 per hour don’t forget… :rofl:

Detective DocBob is on the case.

Hi, I’m from the original void (Forum) back when SA was allowed to have fun.

6 Likes

Welcome back mate…… many of the old family here and much knowledge still here within our group :ok_hand:

State bans aside, is great to see the old GBF familiar faces here sharing knowledge and experiences, despite being no longer legally able to be involved in this great hobby/sport.

Hope your time here is enjoyable and valuable for those lucky enough to be able to still legally participate in the whole scene :sunglasses:

1 Like

You have a great memory mate!

Did a job last night on an Austin A30 and the customer tried paying me $220 for the two hours work…… but the cheeky bugger fed me a couple of beers and smokes while I was on the job to soften me up…… so I halved the call-out/hourly rate :joy:

Probably also because he was a 10 year service ex ADF Veteran, with 5 of those years in Timor, then 4 years serving Police Officer after leaving the ADF, also now a current local Volunteer Ambulance Medic …… so that’s an automatic discount in my business any day of the week :+1:

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I kinda overlooked the introduce yourself as I am a bit of an odd quiet introvert that somehow enjoys being social and helpful.
I am coming up to 5 years in the hobby, owned over 40 blasters, though only have 29 atm (3 are still in project phase, and 1 is in need to get it working correctly stage).
Have worked in the industry for a retailer as a sort of 10 month working holiday, now just do tech work at home for friends, and friends of friends, and sometimes friends of friends’ friends lol.

I am a compulsive tinkerer, I simply can not leave alone any blaster. All of mine are now mild to mostly wild, and warranties are not something I am familiar with.

I design and 3d print for blasters, paint, customise, and as much as I love to go for a game, 90% of the hobby is just fiddling and tinkering for me. I love the chode length smgs and rifles, and have developed a great liking to anything not an m4, though I own 9 of them, and have a long standing secret love for the long… black… dmrs :slight_smile:

I was a member on the old forum, and glad to see this one back again. I love the gelball community and helping out others, and as much as I love to see people happy with something I built for me or them, I also get a kick out of empowering others with the knowledge to do it themselves.

Thanks for having me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello. I was on the old forum and just discovered the new forum.
I have been gel blasting since 2019.
My home field is the CQ Blasters field in Gladstone.
I enjoy travelling to play at other fields including the milsoft events run by Predators Den and Immersive Skirmish.
Sometimes I think I have too many blasters and sometimes not enough.
I started out with a JM Scar and recently acquired a Cyma Scar to come full circle.
My current favourite blasters are probably my DB JW M4 and LDT G36C.
I am good at breaking blasters but not fixing them.
I like playing on the weekends to have a few hours escape from the grind of the real world as I have a stressful job as a lawyer.

7 Likes

Great to have good likeminded people back onboard :+1:

Welcome back @Bulldogs2win and @RokSolid …… great introductions and much knowledge to be both shared and learned :sunglasses:

2 Likes