New GBB Rifles

What handguard are you installing??

Haven’t settled on the brand/design yet, but it will be 12inch or above - trying to see if I can convert the M16A3 to something more M110esque.

1 Like

Yep. Same as mine also.

2 Likes

Pretty much all handguards need shimming to get firm, as is too much time to QC for the manufacturers on the production lines :roll_eyes:

Best thing can do to a new blaster is to take the wobble out of the handguard as the first step to alignment and accuracy :+1:

1 Like

Jas - need your help to convince me to click buy! Tell me again how awesome a GE GBBR is? I’ve wasted so much $$ on blasters in the past … i dont know why I’m holding on so long on this :smile:

1 Like

Well everything’s been ordered. We will know in a week or two if I stuffed up or not :joy:

1 Like

So I have 2 friends that just got them.
We are playing on the field now. All 3 of us won’t go back to AEG.
It’s that simple.

5 Likes

I must admit, I have been a sceptic but I had a go with one at vipertac a few days ago and they were so much fun! Don’t think I can justify it right now with a bub on the way, but maybe later in the year. Will be very interested to see what comes out in the next 6 months and learning as much as I can about them in the meantime. Thanks for all the info being posted about them, will be invaluable when I make the jump!

3 Likes

So I couldn’t help my self and I bought one of the Guns Modify URG-Is from CEH.

Chalk and cheese to the GE.

Does not work well out of the box.
I would say this is a lot closer to and airsoft build than the GE. The mag is essentially identical to the GM MWS PMAG for airsoft. Only the lips are different.
So far 21 graded 7.2mm gels is the max I can load in a mag.

The components are next level. Best finish I have see on any gel blaster over here.

However it’s like the just chucked the GM kit together and threw a gelball barrel in for good measure.

No hop up
Gels strike the muzzle because the opening is so tight

Bugger all lube and cycled very rough.

It’s coming good but needed full tear down and lube.
Needs Ultra Elites graded to 7.2mm.
It was rough on black labels. Haven’t even tried pearls.
Had to custom build a hopup lip into the inner barrel.
Not even enough room to run a mastr blaster hop up.
Replaced the flash hider for a 4 prong Surefire gel flash hider.

I have it shooting reasonably well and cycling ok.

But ultimately not a patch on the GE.

I love the finish. It’s next level. I don’t regret the purchase as I went in eyes wide open.
But from a technical/functional point of view it is very unfinished.

7 Likes

Sad to hear, but I’m glad at least there’s something to like about it for you.
Big difference is that GE had multiple lines of GBBR ready vs just one model available - seems like a rush job more than anything. Interested to see if those are similar to Danny’s grey imports vs out of the factory gel ball ready.

3 Likes

No these are definitely factory.
The gel mag lips are factory. Injection moulded plastic.
But I believe Guns Modify have simply replaced the barrel and mag lips without any further development.
And I guess that’s all they needed to do.
They didn’t need to mod the mags they work fine with gel mag lips. Just the capacity is 10ths down on the GE.
I’ve sent messages to CEH to understand how they load 28rds. Also RPM stated they could get 25-28rds in them. Just not sure how.
As for hop ups. Well how rare is it for a hop up to be in a gel blaster. It’s becoming more common now but definitely has not been a given.

Do it think it’s worth $1250? From an out and out quality point of view yes.
There is no comparison between the GE and the GM. But it shows how much attention GE put into having their GBBRs functioning well. And competitive.

It’s kind of hard to explain the technical side of how good the quality of the GM is.
Parkerised fittings, bearings on the BCG. Charging handle sturdy AF. The receiver finish is stunning. Proper bolt retaining pins for the MK16 handguard. Correct trades. It really is stunning.

6 Likes

@Jas i think i speak for everyone in the gel ball community, when i say thanks for being the guinea pig with these gbbrs :grin:.
You just need to get the wat and rpm blasters as well to do the full comparison. :grin:.

A bit surprised by the review the airsoft version is rated pretty ok, so yeah possible deity is on the ball. And they rushed them out with out testing. Ashame.

6 Likes

Definitely!
Thank you @Jas !

3 Likes

On next week’s episode: will he buy WE Tech that someone was trying to sell here, and compare the others to Danny’s handiwork?

3 Likes

You can also ask why CEH advertise as 35rnd too :rofl:

3 Likes

Can you post some close up pics showing the finish pleas

Pics as requested. Tried to cover the important stuff.

4 Likes

And here’s some more pics.

4 Likes

And some last shots of the magazine.

4 Likes

Looks sick. If the made a 10 inch barrel id get one . I just not sure on the 14 inch