New GBB Rifles

Technically the URG-I is only 14.5. There are CQB MK16 rails in the field but they aren’t issued. Some operators have a non issued CQB upper they swap out with their 14.5.

Being GBBR you get the 14.5 and go for max street cred by building a 10 inch upper to swap out. :call_me_hand:t2:

God I’m so poor now. Just thinking about building another upper makes my teeth hurt.

1 Like

So it’s obviously a double stack magazine…… but capacity is extremely compromised between loading 7.0 gels compared with 7.5 gels :confused:

Hell, I even managed to average an 18 round stack of 7.3’s in the old tiny GLOCK G18C mag at half the length!

I wonder what size gels they are stacking to produce their advertised mag capacity numbers :thinking:

2 Likes

It is double stack but due to the nature of a slide out internal mag channel vs the GE which uses the external mag wall as the walls of the gel channel the capacity is severely compromised

Update: Graded my old black labels. The MWS runs perfectly. So looks like gel size is very important with the MWS.

Update 2: Graded pearls and again it runs perfectly.

Conclusion : Gel size is imperative to smooth operation of the MWS.
Seems the GE is built with greater tolerances to make it usable to the masses.

Summary: GE Pros - Cost, functionality, mag size, ambi
Cons - long term durability, no trades, finish, ambi, mag strings (if you don’t cut them), hole in mag shell

GM MWS Pros - long term durability, Colt trades, mag trades, no external holes or strings on mags, finish, no ambi
Cons - cost, fussy on gel size, mag cap, no ambi

I hope this helps everybody.

2 Likes

I used the Golden Eagle Mk18 Mod1 GBBR for an entire day with 3hr grown iHobby gels (longer and they have been overgrowing to like 8mm as of late) and the blaster fed every single shot the entire day. Was pretty accurate too, I used it exclusively on semi.

On 12kg green gas it averaged 275fps and on 14kg it averaged 300fps. (Sub 30 degree day)

Hopup didn’t need adjusting out of the box at all.

6 Likes

Yep agree with everything there only I typically grow my gels for 2.5 hrs. But same regarding accuracy, FPS, feeding.

For reference just chrono’d the GM MWS and it averaged 340fps. But there was some big numbers in there. Bigger than what ive seen on the GE - 355-373.

I’ve been wondering if it would be better to run on 12kg.

2 Likes

hi , jas , did you receive a instruction manual with your GE, i purchased one from ihobby . I contacted them , they said that the new ones don’t have a instruction Manuel .

No I didn’t get an instruction manual.
Not something I really thought about because I was across how to operate a GBBR m4.
If you need any help let me know.

1 Like

Cheers jas, I wonted one so if I needed to order parts, and dismantle, would have been happy with photos .from them .

The instructions never have that level of info sorry mate.

If you look up how to disassemble a KA, WA or GHK GBBR M4 it should be almost exactly the same. Only the hop chamber should really be any different when it comes to learning how to take it apart.

3 Likes

@Jas that is one beautifully detailed build. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

thanks jazzy ward , have done , also emailed GE, HONGKONG, I HOPE WILL EMAIL A COPY :wink:

2 Likes

Is the inner barrel same as aeg?

Yes on both.

I measured the MWS and its 9.5 od and 7.5 id alloy inner.

A mate advised the GE is the same but I haven’t personally measured it.

Update - I have been able to squeeze 23rds in the MWS mag.
I may be able to squeeze more. I don’t think many. Maybe 1 or 2.
It fed fine with 23 rds.
But Black labels only. Pearls would crush in the process I think.

2 Likes

Hi Jas , what’s your grow time , 3 hrs ? Size 7.3 or 7.4 .

1 Like

I do 2.5 hours for most gels. Pearls you could probably wind that back to 2.25 hours. It does vary. I never grow anything longer than 2.5.
I did ultra elites for 2 hours and 2/3 were over 7.3mm causing feeding issues.

Wow - what’s in your water.

Been regularly growing elites for 4 hours and only get a small number over 7.3 I grade them with a sieve. Using 7.5 barrels and only get feeding issues for the first couple of gels if they are too dry - Gen 8 and CYMA

Dunno
Based on Sunshine Coast and anything over the times stated mean a very large percentage over 7.3mm.

I grade for overs and unders. Under is 7.0 or smaller.

Interesting … curious