New GBB Rifles

I use 14kg gas.
I see failure to lock back most commonly on an empty (gels not gas) but fully gassed mag inserted into the blaster, charged then dry firing. It will commonly not lock back and may not do so for a couple of trigger pulls.
The blaster is more reliable lock back when using a loaded mag and firing to empty. but it is gel dependent. Hardened gels are very reliable. Pearls not as much so.

3 Likes

I’ve found a tiny part of the bolt that has a weak point and will effect the bolt locking back
There’s a piece at the front of the bolt that catches on the bolt catch
I’m just working on cleaning up some of the spots that I’ve found with wear marks on them
I’ve removed the tab from the front of the bolt and it still locks back but about 4mm shorter

2 Likes

That’s the replaceable steel protector for the bolt. The idea is that the protector prevents wear to the bolt itself when taking impacts on the bolt stop which is steel.
The bolt is zinc alloy so it will come off second best very quickly vs the steel bolt stop.

If that is broken I would be trying to source a replacement from your place of purchase.

2 Likes

I’m already on to finding a replacement :+1:
Just trying some different ideas at the moment.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s the bolt itself that causes it not to lock back, because if you rack the bolt while pushing up with your finger in the magwell it will lock back every time. It is either the magazine not pushing up enough on that piece or gas pressure not reciprocating the bolt back enough.

Hi , bandit 75 , where are you sourcing your parts for the GE from.

My charger Handel has a lock tab​:pensive:broken off, I’ve emailed ihobby :thinking:

Do we know, who’s supplying replacement parts

I haven’t found a reliable source yet
I’m just making some inquiries at the moment and waiting for some answers

1 Like

Yes that is how the mechanics work.
If you want my best theory it is due to the blaster being cycled on empty then fired on empty the cycling motion pushes down the mag’s lever that pushes bolt catch up and it stays down sometimes as it has not had the process of working it’s way up as the mag empties of gels.
It shouldn’t do it. But maybe the slower cycling action of charging by hand cause it to stick.
It’s not a big deal really.
The MWS does it too sometimes but definitely less frequently. The MWS has a more reliable lock back overall.

1 Like

Just got a email back from ihobby they’re go to replace the charging handle. But when ??? ?!

4 Likes

Hi Jas , my charging latch has broken as well , which one would fit our GE M4.

1 Like

Needs to be a WA charging handle.
The latch can be replaced with the latch from most normal AEG m4 charging handles though.
Mine broke and I did this fitting a stronger latch to prevent further issues.

2 Likes

Vipertac are advertising some unbranded CNC alloy charging handles for gbbr. They will need the small tabs removed on the side but should work.

1 Like

I purchased a handle from x force the latch looks the same $ 24 a bargain.

1 Like

Hi , I’ve grown my ultra elites 1.5 hrs , and they are still a very tight fit , too big , the black labels are ok still a little tight , I’ve been told the inner barrel is 7.3 mm , I have a feeling it’s a bit tighter, I’ll try the elites 1 hour and see.

I just put some elites in a bucket for about a year and they still go good. It’s the blasters that are always shit. Bad mags etc.

What are you basing this on? Are you grading the gels?
When you say too big, too big for what?
More context is required to understand.

My GE GBBR, I HAVE THE GRADE SIEVES 7.3MM.AND 7.1 MM , IAM JUST GROWING SOME ELITE S NOW , I MEAN DROPPING THE GEL INTO THE BREACH , LOOKED WAY TOO BIG .

At 1.5 hrs they were feeding badly.

1 Like