New GBB Rifles

Yeah something so simple. I had noticed the final 3 gels squishing together and the last actually side by side. Was looking at the follower and noticed it was flat preventing from forcing a staggered double stack. In comparison the GE was slanted exactly as I modded it. The difference was instantaneous. Tomorrow I’ll try it with the black labels to see what affect it has on the hardened ammo.
Great news is I can use pearls which meets the gel restriction we have at our local field.

2 Likes

Hi , how far did you have to slant the GE. FOLLOWER. ANY PHOTOS !

Mate the GE is fine. I didn’t have to do anything to it. It works perfectly and has needed no modification.
This mod was for the Guns Modify PMAGS and was needed as the mags were not feeding the gels properly.

The GE are excellent performing blasters out of the box and the only really weak point seems to be the charging handles breaking.

2 Likes

Try one of these :rofl: :joy:

M84 Gas Buster® Charging Handle - Military Big Latch (precisionreflex.com)

3 Likes

I’ve ordered a VFC one.

But I understand you need a Cat D license for a RS charging handle locally.

1 Like

Yea I was joking :+1:

These guys have some pretty alright looking ones. I might get one of the URGI ones when the time comes :thinking:

You know, I only have the Cleaver Firearms page to go off, but it looks like outside of exceptional circumstances, you can own it w/o a license?

I’m not sure why it’d be a restricted part. It’s basically just a thin strip of metal with a hole, and a latch. Unlike barrels, bolts, chambers, etc, it doesn’t have to withstand pressure.

1 Like

Called them today and cat d required. Sad panda.

I admittedly have bugger all knowledge and experience with GBB other than that GLOCK G18C I got sent to review.

But can relate to the importance of the shape of the follower in regards to the proper operation of gels with this design.

It aided in a clean double stack, kept the gels under force at the front of the rails and also aided in “setting “ the gels in the right position for feeding into the mechanisms.

4 Likes

Well the real irony is looking at pics of the airsoft version of the mags the follower is slanted. Buggers me why they made it flat for the gel version.:flushed:

1 Like

Flat for single stack, maybe they were thinking it’d be that way with the larger gel for some reason :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

These no good? APS Phantom Extremis Charging Handle for Sale Online Australia - Tactical Edge
Strike Industries CNC V2 Charging Handle – Gelball Undercover

Nah I have a couple of aps charging handles around the house. Whilst they looks similar to a GBBR one they are very different.
All good. Have a VFC one coming.
Lucky I have two GBBRs.

Incredibly with the followers modded the MWS shoots armortech milkies.

3 Likes

So would you say the GM MWS with the follower change now feeds just as well or better than the GE?

1 Like

Hmmmm… it’s tough to say. Possible overloading to match the GE capacity may cause accuracy issues that I don’t think the GE suffers from.
I was able to load 30 black label gels in the MWS mag and it fed fine and locked back no probs.
Ultimately I think it’s lock back performs better.

2 Likes

'Eyyy, Brad delivers.

10 Likes

Nice review @BradleyPhillipsYT. Very fair assessment of the GE mate. :+1:t2:

8 Likes

Yeah…. Brad has been around for quite some time…, and as dry and undramatic as his reviews are…… at least he hits all the major points on every review :ok_hand::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi , it would good to hear how the GE,S, are going , feed back to hear , problem,s tips fix’s and wear .