New GBB Rifles

Items under $100 aud are not scrutinized so hard. Used to be never but the noose continually tightens.

2 Likes

Nice, mine broke too , looks like all over Asia, out of stock.

These things are made of snakeskin it seems

Any RS style charging handle will fit. There are a lot of options out there.
Some charging handles may need the guide tabs removed but other than that should be close to drop in. I was surprised my VFC one didn’t have the tabs.
Check with ihobby they may have replacements to send straight away but not sure on the longevity of the replacement from ihobby.

I’ve been playing with my MWS lately as I’ve gotten the magazines fully functional on Ausgel pearls.

1 Like

so … replacement has arrived and all working well so far. Stripped it down straight away and checked the bolt. Some minor wear points showing, no rough edges. I assume its been test fired. Cleaned out the sticky factory lube and applied some dabs of FB blue grease to the wear points and lighter oil for the rest. Cycles great on 14kg gas, but not as accurate as the original was (well … based the 1 mag i got through it). The hopup may need a turn left or right. Will get to that after a bit more “proving”.

Screwed all my furnature back onto it … I immediately regret that decision. Has to be a jinx for sure!

1 Like

So this is a complete replacement blaster? Did they explain what was wrong?

It came back in the same box i returned it in, but there are some give aways to suggest its a different gat. The flashhider grub screw was tightened (i left it half out when put the factory one back on before returning). I also recall a couple of minor wear marks around the RISM quad-grip (where id snugged up the delta ring with a cable tie to remove a little bit of flex) but no sign of that on this gat. And lastly, i dutifully lubed the original - no sign of any oil marks on the outer, nor any blue grease in on the moving parts in the lower.

That said, i ‘think’ the origninal one came with the carry handle, which id removed and forgot to return with it. The replacement doesnt have a carry handle either. Sooo … 75% sure its new :slight_smile:

Given that, didnt ask for further info on the old one.

Edit: oh … plus its shooting well left and down where the other one seemed close to accurate out of the box. So 85% confident its new.

2 Likes

Hi , let us know how you go with the accuracy, my GE was shooting left and adjustment to high [ rubber glued the top tongue up], hop up miss aligned .

2 Likes

I see CEHs GM AR MK-15 is sold out now. The GE models are all thats available i guess. I like mine but have zero faith it will pass the test of time given the issues on delivery and reports of failed bolts and charging handles, Scared to use it frankly given zero parts available.

Does anyone have any news on the next GBBR drops? WATINT mentioned they were getting WETECHs at some point if i recall. They also have their King Arms ones on their website. Haven’t heard zip on RPMs planned release (GMs?). Vendors i spoke to before buying the GE preached the next drop will be coming with parts and mods but so far zero. Smells awefully like the promises TacEdge and Azraels made about their WE TECH Berettas (the mags are coming, the mags are coming)

Starting to wonder if this was a one time thing. Did ABF fk up in letting the GEs in?

Mate you worried over nothing.
The “failed” bolts - all I’ve seen is a broken steel plate that catches the bolt. I have not come across any other bolt failures.
The charging handles are the only true common weak point and can be replaced by most charging handles on the market. Ihobby have a resupply of charging handles that they have been sending to those with issues.
Just use you blaster and if the charging handle breaks get a replacement from ihobby. If you that worried buy an airsoft one now and you’ll have it in a few weeks.

As for other blasters on the market RPM said they won’t have theirs before July. It’s a ground up build as a MWS gel blaster not just changing particular components to make it gel compatible. Wat always said theirs would be March/April and just said the other day they will be here next month. That’s their King Arms. The We Techs will be later in the year. And as for CEH they announced more GM product will be here soon including their complete range of parts.

It’s all happening you just have to give it time.

3 Likes

As titles states anyone with an mws gbbr out there? wud do you think about it and would anyone know if they are ever going to be in stock again or nah?

Moved for cleanliness purposes. You can find the information in this thread.

You can see my comments above regarding my MWS

CEH have the Guns Modify MWS back in stock.
RPM have said they will have the second shipment arriving soon - whatever that means.
Both are good options.
I think the RPM one edges out the GM on build quality and features.

Where mine currently stands now

Not much is original now. Only the trigger box, buffer spring, forward assist, selector, mag release and hop chamber.
The receiver is a GM cerakoted BCM receiver. Bolt carrier and Handguard are Angrygun. Outer barrel is 5KU. Other BCM components are real steel.

I would never go back to AEG.

6 Likes

$1,100 to $1,600 for new GBBR releases. One GBBR or 10 x Jund / Cymas or 3 x GE metal M4’s or diff rebuild or 2 x Holleys or a set of Koni’s. Another win for Konis - thankfully the last set I need.

Let’s see - Cat-H licence and CZ75B

1 Like

That thing is way too long if i were to buy that one but idk anymore

Think i could buy a golden eagle n start replacing the internals?

It’s not the internals that are the weak points. It’s the externals. The buffer tube and the receiver.
The buffer is not Milspec it’s something else so you need to re-tap the receiver to fit a normal Milspec buffer tube.
The receiver is pot metal. I’ve seen a number of the trigger guards snap from changing trigger guards. If you aren’t changing them it should be ok.

The advantage of the Mws platforms is the GM is die cast aluminium and the rpm is 7075 CNC aluminium.
It’s big step up in durability.

The MWS system is more functional than the WA system and parts are more available.

3 Likes

i doubt they are going to have them in stock when i can afford to waste money on one though so idk

Re-tap the buffer thread? That’s a pretty bad oversight from the manufacturer to produce a model that has proprietary threads on the receiver :roll_eyes:

It’s a seriously big dollar investment for something so bland and having factory weaknesses/cheap materials.

For that price, I would expect everything to be proper CNC Alloys and standard hardware!

It’s not that Commercial spec buffer tube is it? It’s diameter is different from Milspec tube. Ran in to that problem on the Remington.

IIRC the threads were same just the tube O.D was different. Either buy commercial or Milspec stocks to fit it properly or you get a wobbly stock.