New GBB Rifles

Had similar problems with the anodised cqb stock I just fitted to the gen8 project :roll_eyes:
Went through every buffer tube nut I had and the threads and diameter were different to what this one needed :sweat_smile:
Finally found one in the shed in a box of bits I had forgotten about :rofl:

Commercial and Milspec are indeed same thread size it’s just the tube size is different for the stock.

1 Like

To be perfectly honest different spec buffer tubes are common.
Genuine TM MWS’s run a proprietary thread. Fortunately the GM MWS receivers are Milspec threads so can utilise Milspec and commercial real steel buffer tubes. It’s not really required as the standard buffer tubes are excellent but the option is there.
I think your expectations for blaster specs are too high. We don’t have the volume to bring costs down to meet your expectations. As an example a BJTac 7075 CNC receiver is $500 USD. Their CNC complete trigger box is $350 USD.

1 Like

Cheers for the information!

Yeah, quality alloys is definitely not a great marketing/production cost vs. profits idea for manufacturing in this hobby…… especially when prices of these toys are already pushing the boundaries of actual real steel that is available.

1 Like

This is strictly my opinion but we just cannot make the comparison.
And to be perfectly honest you only need to go to airsoft to see that even there it is an impossible comparison

Look at what you pay for a BCM MCMR 11 real steel.
Let’s say $1500 usd give or take

Now let’s say you want to build a MWS with the materials you stated
So BJTAC receiver $500 USD
CNC trigger group $350 USD
Bolt carrier sans nozzle $250 USD
And you still need nozzle group, barrel, mag release, hop chamber, inner barrel, buffer, buffer tube, hand guard, stock, selector, grip, gas block, gas tube, receiver end plate, trigger guard, forward assist. If you get all that in $500 usd you’re doing well.
And as I said that is Airsoft…

1 Like

Yes, certainly seems an insane amount of money for someone to spend on an Airsoft rig when real steel is so comparatively the same in price terms!

1 Like

That was only one very narrow example.
Start looking up Hao parts, Z Parts and similar. Look at what a forged receiver will set you back. Or a steel outer barrel. DLC coated flash hiders. But you get my drift.

1 Like

Definitely some bling gear out there. Always up to the owner, it is their possession. I know what it costs to DLC my front forks let alone a bin item like a flash hider.

Colt 733 I replicated is nice enough for me. Whatever tickles your fancy :+1:

1 Like

The King Arms TWS 9mm is proving to be a fun GBBR. So far nothing broken, unlike the GE gats. Upgraded parts are light weight bolt carrier, alloy recoil buffer and short stroking rubbers. Shortened the inner barrel about 10mm so I could use a DB birdcage hop up flash arrestor. Nice and snappy with solid recoil. Getting 3 and a half mag loads from one gas charge. Seems to like the Ihobby gels. Always locks back on empty.

8 Likes

That is very nice, great photos too. Got my drool on :joy:

do uh ge mags work in the mws? or am i looking at having to buy gunsmod mags?

The GE use WA system which is entirely different to the MWS system that is used in the Guns Modify and the RPM Tech GBBRs. They are completely incompatible systems.

1 Like

Finally! Can’t wait!
Edit - in 6 hours

1 Like

mine comes tomoroow aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

3 Likes

haha LG’s opening statement re throwing in the bin. Oh gawd :laughing:

2 Likes

Ehh?? What u mean i didnt watchy yet

my disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined, my only day off n pew pew no coom today

Got a good review though - that should help to sooth you :slight_smile:

Anyone know what the diffrence between the t1 & t2 bolts actually do over standard? is it just faster or fanceyness?

I think it justs cycles faster. I just got my BCM and Im happy with it as is. Pretty hefty recoil on these.

2 Likes