New GBB Rifles

So case in point to my earlier example regarding my RPM MWS.

I fitted my 11.5” outer barrel today and my custom inner with a measured 7.05mm ID and I was using my graded 6.9mm 7.0mm white knights and I was averaging 345fps.

No other mods. Same gas. It was afternoon.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I like to say pearly whites feed beautifully through the mag but im yet to shoot them and see if they confetti thats a tomorrow thing. I dont think they are going to confetti since pistol shoots em but we will see. my only issue with pearly whites are they get too squishy if u leave em fo too long they kinda need to be used right away

1 Like

Pearls work but need to be graded. In all honesty all gels need some sort of grading to work well.
7.2mm should feed relatively ok in an unmodded GM mag but I would still suggest chamfering the follower.

2 Likes

I’m finding mad inconsistency in my MWS, some mags the gels are fine, others they go all over the place, some most of the mag just confettis. Rather frustrating tbh. Doesnt seem to matter what gels i use either.

1 Like

Firstly which MWS? They are set up very differently - hop rubbers, barrel ID etc.

Secondly, what gels and sizes?
I hear of people growing gels for insanely long times and a GBBR is not going to tolerate larger gels.

My recommendation for any GBBR owner is control growing and grading gels.
To shoot fine with immediate use I personally would say either MWS needs 7.1-7.3mm gels. They prefer harder gels but I have run softer gels such as armortech white and regular glow gels with medium success.

Control grown pearls or predator V2s probably feed the best for an unmodded MWS.

I run graded white knights 6.9mm-7.0mm flawlessly with no gel debris and perfect feeding. This will require some barrel or hop rubber mods depending on the MWS.

1 Like

Ive got one of the RPM guns Jas.

1 Like

On my RPM I ditched the standard barrel and hop rubber.
I run a P1/WE Glock style hop rubber on my GM and get good consistency and accuracy.
To run this rubber though the RPM barrel needs its fitting grooves modified as the rubber sits further along the barrel.
Since I don’t run the standard inner barrel this isn’t a big deal.

It’s actually quite hilarious how little information there is on even basic tuning on the internet.

It’s because they are relatively new, relatively expensive and most people have limited technical knowledge.

It will come in time but just not as fast as AEGs.

dafaq is the diffrence between t1 & t2 bolts

T2 is a different structural steel to T1, has a higher shear strength, so much stronger.

Hes talking about the options for RPM bolt carriers, not fasteners.

1 Like

Yeah, I know… rifle bolts are made of the same material.

No what he means is RPM Tech do 2 different types of high speed BCGs made from alloy. The T1/T2 doesn’t designate the materials they are constructed from, just the aesthetic. And on that note, to answer the original question, it’s just the visual difference between the BCGs T1 and T2. Functionally the bolt carriers are the same vs the standard bolt carrier which is QPQ treated steel, a lot heavier and cycles slower.

2 Likes

Just a bit confusing when two different alloy bolt designs are identified using a designation that refers to material actual bolts are made from… :laughing:

Sorry for the confusion there… ignore all my previous comments :joy:

1 Like

I talk to Johnny yesterday at WAT , he sell those MWS GBBR for $990 , way cheaper than CEH and RPM

Which MWS though. MWS is not a brand it’s a system. There is a lot of different manufacturers that utilise the MWS system. Whilst the quality is generally very very high it still varies. For example JMT did a MWS system but the receiver was nylon.

MWS is a system all the GBBR (excluding the Golden Eagle GBBR) selling at RPM & CEH are MWS System, tell me which one is under $1200? go to their website check for yourself everyone of them is MWS system

So went into Wat today. The MWS they have is the GM stage 2 with Aero Precision receiver and Mk16 handguard.