Random AEG questions

i do get the feeling that there’s always a discount and that the countdown timer is just there to pull you into a sale.

shame on me, i say.

I’m looking at the website, you sure you got a LDT 416, they have none listed. Show me the link for yours. Just a bunch of rehashed gen8’s and Cymas all I can find. DB’s as well.

Totally agree :+1:

Some of the best performance gels that I tested were the “crappy” OOTB Blue gels that came with the SKD/STD blasters included in the box.

Don’t know how many old GBF members would remember that I had many people questioning the accuracy of my ACETECH Chrono when reviewing/testing brand new stock blasters out of the box.

Didn’t matter what manufacturer/model/type of blaster that I was testing…… they would perform up to 40 FPS higher than the advertised specs, simply because I always used those old stock Blue gels in all of my tests/reviews.

These same blasters would go backwards in performance if run on quality hardened gels, as they simply weren’t designed/modified to feed them.

I only had to splurge out on the latest technology Super Hardened Gels after I got sent that FB GLOCK G18C pre- market release Pistol to review.

I couldn’t review it for the supplier because I simply didn’t have any hardened gels available on hand to be able to run it, and any other gels that I had were too soft and would simply fly out of the feed lips when trying to load the mag.

I always used to run some pretty “average” brand gels in my stock blasters, and they were always proven to work much better than the smaller hardened versions.

I did also use and recommend the X-Force Black Labels,AKA’s and the very first AUSGEL Ultra Elites…… until they went a bit average in QC :frowning:

But they were used in AEG Blasters that were fully modified and tuned to suit those particular gels through much trial and error.

I even had a crack at the 7.1mm barrel builds for a little while, but that was a massive headache that wasn’t worth the whole time, money or effort :roll_eyes:

7.3’s became my favourite go to formula for high FPS/RPS and hardened gels, grown to the exact right size and run through those good old cheap ZHENDUO Sizing Sieves.

That became the standard for pretty much all of my performance builds.

1 Like

Remember those bruisemaster barrels with the varying diameter lol A mate bought one had it fitted by M4a1. It was a pile of shit, ended up using mine again for the rest of the game. Got duped with some warrior upgrade pack for the ACR lasted 5 mins :roll_eyes: :joy: :rofl:

Just cut up my bruisemaster barrel to make some brass bushes. Also found out why one of the AUGs never had consistent accuracy - the u-beaut polished stainless barrel is curved. We’d all be really well off if we could return for refund the latest crap we tested in pursuit of the magical 5MOA accuracy at 50m

1 Like

I actually had two of the very early made Bruisemaster Barrels.
A 350 and a 400mm.

They were actually pretty good!
But when I tried to order a few more…… that’s when the whole shitshow happened with the supplier/manufacturer.

I’m certain that I’m still owed quite a few hundred dollars from that train wreck of an order…… but I just gave up in the end and wrote it all off to just a bad experience :roll_eyes:

I think I have a pic of one/two of of my builds with those original old barrels…… will try finding and posting, if there’s anything available on this new phone!

1 Like

Damn…… don’t have bugger all of my old pics on this phone, shitonnes on the old one which I had during our time when these were legal :cry:

Pretty certain that this was the 400mm Bruisemaster barrel considering that this full metal build had the extended outer barrel.

My personal favourite that I built for myself and not a customer.

Everything metal except for the buttstock and pistol grip.

Chose the WELL’s stock as was the heaviest out of every other model available.

This thing came out actually heavier than the real steel M4 by a decent margin…… certainly something that was totally tiring and impractical to run around a field and game with!

yup, it was the last one in stock. :rofl:

it was showing as “sold out” for a while after then they just delisted it.

What! so you actually paid $100 plus shipping for a bit of waterpipe somebody flogged off a new house build.

I stayed well the fk away from that bollocks, settled on the CHGBB 7.3mm ID SS which are still available today in fact.

At least Wombat has some really expensive brass bushings :rofl:

I ordered 2 packs of the $5 ausgels (1 green, 1 blue) as part of my testing.

lucky colours, they are!

1 Like

FWIW, I found War Interest reds a fairly good intermediate gel… hard enough to not confetti out if the barrel, soft enough not to jam. Fon’t grow too large either. Suit most of my older blasters, my 416D seems to like them.

Like Baby Bear’s porridge :laughing:

1 Like

You can only try them. Don’t dump the whole packet in like I do, that’s just for gels I’ve settled on and use in volumes.

1 Like

There’s another good brand I had success with try those. They are LDT/Warinterest same company sorta lol

1 Like

Yeah, this was a loooonnnggg time ago in another galaxy somewhere that I had long forgotten about.

Most definitely my long term held belief that a beautifully highly polished SS Barrel is the ultimate bit of gear compared to those old dirty naturally degrading brass barrels!

BTW, I also have the same opinion about polished Aluminium Barrels…… look all special when first purchased, but give them a couple of months of moisture/humidity/use and they’ll turn into sandpaper internally :flushed::roll_eyes:

Will see how my patience lasts before I give up :smiley:

Never give up…… it’s all part of the fun of learning how to enjoy this hobby :sunglasses::+1:

Christ Doc, bruisemasters were not even a wet dream when I started. It’s not that long ago man :rofl:

Certainly feels like it was another time in another world long before the Politics got serious against this hobby :frowning:

Way back then was open slather to buy blasters, parts and accessories from all over Australia and the USA/UK/Asia without any questions……. Nek minute…… criminal activity that had to be banned :roll_eyes::cry:

1 Like

It was banned while was still in high school in the 00s… yes i am old ok.

I still think banning is a bad course of action.

correction: airsoft was banned, gel blasters never existed yet.

1 Like

Try being in high school in the 70’s :laughing: