Random AEG questions

Anyone run one of these scopes. Not intending to use it a sight, just as a tool to identify foe when they are outside blaster range. Like it because it has a pic rail on the tube

Hey all, hope everyone is doing well!

Iā€™m looking to make my own L1A1 SLR gel blaster based off a gen 8 (because Iā€™m poor) and I need to know how to make a gen 8 gearbox semi-auto (either only semi-auto or a switch between full-auto and semi-auto). What would I need to get this done? Would an SKD glock 18 MOSFET work? what about a AUG or Vector MOSFET?

Any help would be appreciated, Cheers.

https://www.monkeemods.com/wbb/optics-sights/zoom-scope/hw-vortex-v3xm-3x-magnifier.html you could use one of these folds out of the way tho is fixed 3x but ur honnestly paying for clarity of its glass. the glass on the sight u linked is dogshit and blurry but if thats ur price range its aight i guess can zoom tho so plus and cons

Hey, I donā€™t mean to be rude, but Iā€™m not sure that would fit and look right in an SLR as the gen 8 is made for m4s and MP5s and stuff, I think it would probably be better if you used a j11/j12 gearbox as they are roughly a V3 and v3s are used in the SLR blasters already, plus the j11/j12 gearbox already has mechanical semi auto!

2 Likes

Opinions on bf mac 10 vs mp7?
Leaning towards mp7. Looks better, can get a drum. Not sure how much spring it can handle though, spring retainer looks cheap.

Or maybe just forgo an stick with a p90, which is on order somewhere over the ocean.

Need another to add to my collection, currently in love with bullpup/cqb type blasters.

1 Like

@DocBob Bob. Looking to improve the ROF on my JUND/CYMA CQB. Was wondering what faster motor you found suited them best? Thanks

Were you on reddit with this? You canā€™t really (although @DocBob would know if anyone does).
You need this

2 Likes

are you sure thatā€™s the correct type for his needs? I think that is to fit m4s and saws, I donā€™t think it will fit in a L1A1 SLR because of the square kinda bit that the trigger is housed in, i think he needs a V3 or AK style gearbox, like the j11/12 because it doesnā€™t have that square trigger housing thing and the SLRs and FALs you buy all have v3 gearboxes, if im wrong feel free to correct me!
20220302_171244-scaled

2 Likes

Yeah I was on the subreddit asking about it, haha. Thanks for the link mate.

1 Like

My bad I think youā€™re right. I misread (or didnt read enough); thought he was using a gen8 box and receiverā€¦

1 Like

2.2 11.1v Turnigy brick :+1::sweat_smile:

1 Like

M[quote=ā€œBigmuthadrums, post:51, topic:45, full:trueā€]
2.2 11.1v Turnigy brick :+1::sweat_smile:
[/quote]

Might have trouble getting it to fit in the pistol grip

1 Like

Fake peq/battery box

1 Like

Hi mate, sorry for the delay in reply, been super busy as usual :roll_eyes:

The Neo Magnet ChiHai 460 long shaft motors are an excellent balance of torque and rpm :ok_hand:

EDIT Apologies, but the CYMA run 460 long shaft motors, not 480ā€™s.

2 Likes

I know this isnā€™t an AEG question butā€¦

Are shotguns even practical in gelsoft? Iā€™ve been looking to get a used CYMA S1897 shotgun and am wondering if shotguns are even worth my time compared to AEGā€™s. If I were going to carry a shotty, I would be as a secondary or back up blaster instead of a primary.

Any input would be welcome, Cheers.

@DocBob thought I read on the last forum a 480 would fit. No? Or with mods?

I think the idea of shotguns work excellently in gel ball as the gel balls are already pretty random and a few coming out at the same time would be great, but I donā€™t have any really good experience with shotguns as most of them are either impractical with expensive Shells or they are glorifyed single shots that you have to know a trick to get them too work properly, I know on the old forum some people had luck with shotguns, like dachappo had a modded m97 super shorty and some people did use stock cymas in cqb and had success but Iā€™m sure someone who has played around with them more can give some insight

What size battery can you fit in them?

Most, as they come with an extension.
I run a 7.4v 2.2!turigy brick and a variety of 11.1v in them.
Even throw the plug and play mosfet in with the 11v sticksšŸ‘

Yeah sorry mate, I would normally have a blaster to pull apart and boxes of spares to compare compatibility for anyone asking questionsā€¦ā€¦ but unfortunately have nothing but my foggy memories and a few old photos to offer these days :confused:
The 480ā€™s should fit as they are still the same bolt mount style and have the same shaft lengths on the pinion sideā€¦ā€¦ itā€™s just whether the CYMA pistol grip has enough room with the motor height adjustment end to physically fit the longer length of the 480 motors :thinking:

Iā€™m sure @Bigmuthadrums can answer your questions much better than I can right now :+1:

2 Likes