Random AEG questions

As far as I know, my cymas all use 480s. Ive bought a few different chihais and chgbb motors, and they fit no dramas. Plenty of room in the grips… These are metal cymas; I’m assuming the nylon ones are the same
@Chapinb

3 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @Btnas :+1:

1 Like

Sorry, lazy :grimacing:
Been too buggered after work to drag things out :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, from memory, I always thought that the CYMA’s were advertised as running a 460 motor…… but my memory isn’t what it used to be :confused:

1 Like

Description from Prestige Blasters has it listed as a 480 long shaft

The M4 CQB Version features Nylon Receiver, 480 Long Shaft Motor, Mag Primer, can hold two batteries in the stock
High quality Nylon Gearbox with 18:1 High quality gears

Specifications:
Brand: CYMA
Gearbox: cyma style v2 gearbox
6.5’’ handguard with picatinny rails
Type: Automatic, battery operated
Firing Modes: Full-auto & Semi-auto
Gel ball size: 7-8 mm
FPS: 260
Material: Nylon

3 Likes

The $100 cyma M4s that lots of people had where definitely a 460 with a long nylon pinion and they can be directly swapped with a 480 If it has a normal length pinion

3 Likes

Thanks @Sketchlord , that’s the information I was trying to remember :+1:
Had some idea about the pinion support shaft length being different in them, just couldn’t remember the exact details :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I have a question for the brains trust… a squadmate (milsim) has bought a Cyma M4, we were discussing magazine options (and drum mags).
Was wondering if anyone knew if the M4 EPM mags would work with his blaster? or SLR, Gen 8 Mags?

SLR and Gen 8 mags do not work unless you extend the Cyma t-piece. Not sure about EPM

Would an Azraels Adjustable T-peice solve the length issue? or even a LDT t-peice?

1 Like

Don’t know about Azraels. LDT t-piece doesn’t work as it can’t be securely located. CYMA t-piece has a lip that locates it in the gearbox. LDT doesn’t have the lip

1 Like

The nylon cymas at least (not sure about metal) have a really tight magwell when using j9, j10 or slr mags, maybe gen8 as well, but you can Dremel or file out some of the 4 raised bits in the magwell that kinda act like guides and the mags fit well

Best bet for the t piece is probably to find a bit of tube and glue it on the bottom, it’s a couple mm shorter then an ldt

1 Like

A ChiHai 460 35000rpm with Cyma bushing, spring and long pinion works great. Gearbox is standard

1 Like

The Cyma drums work fine :sunglasses:

1 Like

Does anyone know by chance what the exterior dimensions of a JG Sig barrel is? I don’t have calipers to measure and not sure if it’s the 9.5mm or if they went something weird and wacky.

If nobody can help, try searching for the original specs that are on the original website from the supplier that you purchased it from.
They normally list all the parts, dimensions and performance :+1:

I did try to google it but found the specs for the lehui Sig and the air soft but I take it they will be different again to these. I might just pull it apart and have a look. Just thought I would try here before I did.

Solid blasters around the 300fps mark. Two of my mates have them. Daughter has one converted to hpa from xperiance

1 Like

Nice. Yeah my mates one was abit over the place put a m90 and redid the o ring for a better seal as it was abit loose it’s now consistently shooting 330.

1 Like

Does anyone have an ACR in parts and can tell me if it has a full or ported cylinder?

Just cant pull mine apart at the moment but it looks like it has too high a v/e ratio with gels curving all over the place. Think it could do with a longer barrel

Thanks