Real Steel Thread

Unfortunately a common occurrence. Have a friend who was in one of the elite CERT organisations. He did his job and there were a couple less bad guys on the planet. Spent the next two years in coroners court defending his actions , treated like the bad guy, basically because his team upstaged the local gung-ho excuses for tactical response (not to mention he saved their ar**ses from being obliterated ).

1 Like

Most of the police services hsve more to deal with internally too these days.

My nephew is with Vic Pol and heā€™s thinking of dropping out. Heā€™s been told by several senior members that with the new ā€œwokeā€ service and the increase of females in supervision roles, male coppers are struggling to advance up the ladder.

He reckons the toxic environment at his station is pretty much normal throughout VicPol. People are leaving in droves.

1 Like

I guess to protect myself legallly, i should clean up around the house for the intruders!! :stuck_out_tongue:

I wouldnā€™t imagine it be much fun there with all the protesting of late. That would suck.

Perfect example - this GBBR is $1550 AUD

US conversion of $1550 today is:

Literally cheaper to buy the real thing. Makes me pretty mad frankly, how badly we are ripped

Feels like buying a laptop back in the 90s. Oof those prices.

3 Likes

unless youā€™re a bash artist. Plenty of them still like that perk of the job

Fuck yea man we can get a Noveske Chainsaw or N4 for that in the land of freedom! :rofl:

Or those spoilt brats that could afford a Commodore 64 :joy:

I got lost for an afternoon at a schoolfriends house waiting about 4hrs for some game to load up on tape drive and then it crashed anyway LOL Meanwhile Mum was ringing trying to find out where the fk I disappeared to. :rofl:

Should be picking up the little badger 2morrowā€¦

Furniture kit has also landed in SYDā€¦!

1 Like

Oh fk yeah. Please show and tell when you get time. Iā€™m excited :grin:

THE LITTLE BADGERā€¦(or, dont get this, if your hung up on sizeā€¦!)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Well, what can i sayā€¦

The fates aligned, i got the badger, and the furniture kit, all in one dayā€¦!!

Your probably getting the idea, but this thing is ridiculously compact, and light.

Like, get a 2L bottle of milkā€¦drink nearly half of itā€¦this weighs, whats left.
You can easily hold it, in one hand and balance it.

It is Sooo light, Sooo small, Soo compactā€¦its almost laughable.
All for $200.

In its bag, it has nearly no thicknessā€¦i saw the guy walking it into the shopā€¦it looked like he was holding a empty shopping bag.

You Could ( BUT YOU NEVER WOULD), walk up and down ,the Queen St mall, all day, and no-one would look twice at you.

Ridiculously small, light and compact.

How it shoots remains to be seen, as i said before, it has a smaller barrel and will therefore have somewhat reduced accuracy, at range compared to a full size rifle.

But, i have $200 expectations, from a $200 rifle (for a .22 Wmr)ā€¦if you can get 3.5 - 4cm groups, at 100 yards, thats enough to hit the heart / lung kill zone of a roo or fox, if you need to.

With increased accuracy closer inā€¦
At the end of the day, this is just a fun plinkerā€¦

The furniture kit is also, tiny, and light.
By the time you remove 3 rails ( hello Mac-10), and pop these on, i reckon there will be negligible weight difference.

Im actually fine, holding it as it is now.
Its a little small overall in length, but so light , it makes no real difference.
The kit will stretch it out slightly, and the red dot should alleviate having to lean into the iron sightsā€¦

Iā€™ll do a range day, both with and without the kit, when I canā€¦

It also has other uses, on camping tripsā€¦!! :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

For a farmer, wanting a utility rifle, ( Depending on primary producer lawsā€¦ i dont know those), this is inherently safe.

Anytime its broken, the action is open and safe, and anyone can see that, from across the room.

There is no safety switch, but half cocking the hammer locks the trigger in place.
The ā€œmain safetyā€ , is seeing its open, like a break barrel air rifle.

They make them in .22lr , .22WMR and .17HMR

I cant wait to give it a whirlā€¦!! :smile: :smile:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a dainty coat hanger. Multiple use. Just in case you get mugged when hanging the washing out.

Looks good, I take it your stock came in with no dramas as seemed to arrive in good time. :+1:

Look forward to the range report.

Yeahā€¦
i think because i had the import permitā€¦

It all rolled seamlessly, to the front doorā€¦

Wellā€¦local PO pick up, at leastā€¦

1 Like

This would be fun.

1 Like

I expect this grouping from you :rofl: Thatā€™ll be grand if the lil thing can do that with a red dot :+1: 22WMR is inherently accurate in a decent barrel. The trigger sounds nice, thatā€™s a big thing.

3 Likes

Okā€¦
Quick range results, are inā€¦

First roundā€¦

It may not look like much, but, join the dotsā€¦

Method in the madness, after allā€¦!!
All taken at 200 yards, while still sighting it inā€¦!! :rofl: :rofl:

Just kidding, real test coming up soonā€¦!

2 Likes

Havenā€™t tried this mob but they have good prices on quality scopes and donā€™t sell crap.

Day Optics (scopedout.com.au)

My .308 says it wants one of these Vortex Crossfire II 6-24x50 AO - Dead-Hold BDC (scopedout.com.au) please.

@BME Tell the tennants they can bloody wait for an air con, you got some spending to do :rofl: You can blow a lot of money on firearms in general, I see some reasonable deals why I posted this might interest you in the future.

Iā€™m going to be saving for that particular one I linked. I cheaped out before bought a $300 6-24x50mm ebay scope for my .308 and it sucks. Itā€™s not bad but the eye relief is a deal breaker for me. Itā€™s fkd, you have zero leeway in eye relief and have to have it spot on to get a clear sight picture. No quick shots with that one. I need a bit of mag for my open spaces here as I often hunt at 3-500 yards or more. Do a lot close in too but have other tools for that. Shoulda woulda saved up bit more to get a better one. So Iā€™ve wasted money there. But aye gotta try these things I suppose when your budget is limited.