Real Steel Thread

Mate!

I am laughing so hard right now, because that’s the most awesome pisstake I have seen in a VERY long time!

Well done, I tip my Akubra in your honour! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

It was gonna be, either squiddy, or trump…

trump might have had, ASIO kicking my door down , at 1am…!!
:rofl: :rofl:

The funny thing is, it took me 5 seconds to think of it, 30 seconds to put the holes in paper with a screwdriver, and 10 seconds to draw it up…

I’ve always had a slightly off-centre sense of humour… i just hope people enjoy and appreciate it…!!
:rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Going out blasting over Easter. Havent had the LTR out for a while!

My baby rings the Turkey silhouettes offhand with ease, at SSAA Belmont

2 Likes

Nice one, what caliber?

*Bonuschars……”

Nice. I’ve got a Rem700 .308 in one of the early MDT LSS. Tightened groups up nicely.

2 Likes

I loved my LTR in original furniture but when I saw the MDT stuff a few years ago at Cleaver, figured it would be the only way I could get an AR-15 “feel”. At the time there were no factory gats like that - now every manufacturer offers something like it.

I do think the original furniture provided better accuracy off the bench … but in the bush, the MDT kit is far superior for offhand work, and hangs very nice off a single point sling.

2 Likes

Oh right. I had to look it up. So that’s similar to a 700 police with heavy barrel?

Mine was a povvy 700 ADL with synthetic stock. 24" light barrel. BDL’s were 1k at the time, got mine for $600 with Remington brand 3-9x40 deal at the time.

Shot well averaging 1" MOA. After the MDT stock it tightened up to 3/4" MOA. I read the standard synthetic stock back then was poorly bedded.

I’ve had it for… shit 25 years. My go to when I must absolutely positively… accept no substitute :laughing:

1 Like

Yep, the successor to the 700 PSS. I think the PSS only came in 24” though. Had it about 12 years i think. Only centre fire i have.

Note: I love BDLs too :slight_smile:

Another weird and wonderful creation…

90’s Baby :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Forgot PSA took on H&R and re releasing new ones…

I wonder the fad with companies Brownell’s included was doing limited run retro builds AR10’s and 15’s all of them which are collectors items now besides what is available. Check the going price out on a Brownell’s build discontinued AR10 Brownells Inc BRN-10 Retro AR-10 7.62x51 Semi Auto Rifle AR10 .308 BRN10 - Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com : 1041019808 :rofl:

They are so in demand, even some of the repro’s Brownell’s made and have stopped production command a high price. Meanwhile Colt has withered away to non existent besides limited LE and defence contracts. Even FN have put out what they got a big military contract for the M4’s for the civvy collector. $2k USD :laughing:

Companies like PSA are going to make mint with their better priced and decent quality offerings. Why they are currently doing well while the higher priced ones are not moving much. Colt has gone stagnant for decades and was loosing the only thing they had which was mil contracts. They dropped a lot of their civ line and are not what they used to be.

CZ have however since buying Colt started releasing some of Colts iconic wheelguns like the Python and Anaconda. Both of which I’ve used before and are very cool to shoot. :+1:

1 Like

Man, that CZ Krapa is a pretty amazing piece of engineering… :heart_eyes:

Shame there are only two or three of them in existence. CZ is one of my favourite manufacturers and I try to add any CZ based blasters into my collection of oddities.

Zero chance of that one popping up though.

1 Like

Glad you liked it, I bumped in to it during my usual foray of things interesting to me instead of watching junk on TV.

It’s so out of the box, it’s nuts. CZ is one of my favorites for sure and they have grown to be quite the monster company today worldwide.

I also watched this in my binge

From watching the early 9mm that was mm eh, this one kicks it out of the park. Their own roller delayed design too which is real interesting and not a direct copy of H&K roller delayed otherwise they would of been sued by now. As H&K did with the Hanael debacle for the Bundeswehr G36 replacement contract.

2 Likes

My Narcos binge-watch goes on. Its all in Spanish so am watching again to pick up the subtitles I’ve missed.

This gat gets heaps of work in the Narcos: Mexico seasons. I missed-called it as a MAC-x (thought it had some furniture) in an earlier post, but at closer look, a new beast id never heard of.

Good looking unit… I love my Eurotech SMGs. :+1:

Makes me want to tuck into a spicy börek and wash it down with some slivovitz. :laughing:

2 Likes

You sound like you might have some yugoslav in you.
When I was back in Bosnia for those years.
It was a coffee and a shot of slivovitz (rakia) every morning to start your day and the same to end it.
It was to celebrate that your still alive

1 Like

15% Roman, 10% Viking, 50% Gaelic Irish, 25% Pommie bastard… :laughing: yet no taste for Jamieson or Tullamore Dew.

Doesn’t stop me from dabbling in other people’s cultural delights.

Love a bit of slivovitz now and then… and Visniowah voddie… must be a bit of Polish in there too. :joy:

Looks wise, its pretty similar, to the Lehui MP-9, at tacedge…

Not bad for a cheapy, it comes with a “pop up sight”, and adjustable laser pointer…!
The stock folds forward, to align with the front grip…

Yeh, it does doesnt it! … put a different, triangular type stock on it and it would pass very close. I think ive got something similar from an old taccys M4 that could be cut n shut into place.

The stock i mention is the one on the Narcos gat, not the Wiki photo. Will try and find. Looks awesome being fired one handed with a single point sling.

If anyones seen the series, the episode where Ramon and his team of US hitters try to take out Chapo at the airport. Gat rips hard!

Edit - photo below

Fk … im not sposed to be buying any toys until i find a new job … but … that MP7s got me looking for the car keys :stuck_out_tongue:

Ive seen the MP7s heaps before but never put two and two together on the Mendoza looks.

Edit - im an idiot - your link is for an MP9, not an MP7. It has a straight mag rather than the curved MP7 - which is why i never thought of the MP7 as a option