Real Steel Thread

Damn, that’s a good price… even with the exchange rate. I paid $40 for the sight and $20 for the riser on fleabay for this knockoff.

Should’ve gone to Cleaver’s… 15 minute drive from mine.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why you need a PTA(Permit to acquire) which gets approved in sub 7 days in SA after your first one which is 28 days, which is only for a complete firearm acquisition.

Is Queensland that backwards they think a stock is a complete firearm and need a PTA or is it different legislation yet again across all states. Does not make sense to me.

Good that you msg the retailer though as they have their own ITAR rules and legislation to muddle through, but for the most part what you are wanting should not fall under that but it has fluctuated wildly in the last 20 years with the differing governments over there. I had a bit of a look and as long as you are under $100 USD you should be good to go. Or just say c’mon bro AUKUS n shit :smile:

Incorrect terminology on my behalf…what i actually need is a B709 import permit.

I rang up Qld weapons licensing, they had a look at the furniture kit , and said it was fine.

I said “what about border force, they are so variable, it almost depends on the mood of whoever is on?”

They said, play it safe get a b709, and wait for it to arrive…

Out of curiosity, i also asked " what about if i wanted to import a scope?"

She said “you’d definitely need a b709 for that”

Weird…go figure…

Anyway, import permit ordered, i’ll play the waiting game, to avoid any drama’s…

1 Like

Good stuff, you sir did it the correct way instead of having a gamble because as you say, some things are ok and others are not that make no sense to level headed people like yourself.

No problem with the mis com B709 thing, makes sense now, yea you might need one of those. Might aswell at least you’ll know that you’ll actually get it instead of some grumpy border force officer that is hungover doing a greta on you. How dare you import M60 parts :laughing:

I’ve imported scopes from AliExpress without any issue. Not just red dots but proper scopes. Never even thought to apply for a import permit but they didn’t even get inspected or opened by Border Farce.

1 Like

Were they sub $100 aud as they don’t get checked.

Not at my end, under $200, but I think the labels were undervalued by the retailer (not at my request)

Once again, you never know, who your gonna get, at border force…
At least B709’s are free…

1 Like

Yeah, if I buy again I’ll get a import permit. Never realised we should for scopes.

The feeling i get, after the conversation, is …

Its about appeasing border force, not the police.
The police are happy, border force…???

Best to have a import permit…if there is any doubt about anything imported, you’ll be on the right side , of the benefit of doubt…

1 Like

Yes, border force are their own entity separate from Police and Defence forces. They are responsible for boat people landing on our shores and all items imported. Quite the task if you ask me with the little they have.
Border force if they find something untoward will and do send the info on to the appropriate peeps. Like the boat they missed of Pakis that just rolled up top. They were asleep with that one with their ABFC cutters. Or when someone is in a state that has certain things banned and or restricted they get the local Police there to raid them.

@Deadsquid finally got some pics of my K98s for ya.

Bottom 2 are original 8mm, top 2 are 7.62 NATO.

Some of the stampings

That’s the roughest 8mm one above

1940 converted to 7.62 :point_up_2:

Czech made 7.62 :point_up_2:

Last one, original 8mm

4 Likes

picture 5 - is that what you guys were talking about being “defaced”?? Looks like an eagle thats been struck with a metal punch 4-5 times. Never knew that was a “thing” … but im no collector either. Most interesting if so.

1 Like

Yes, that’s a defaced swastika. They often leave the eagle, just pein out the cross. This one is all done.

1 Like

Interesting, I guess they were punched out and remarked when they were captured, left over and reused by the various militaries.
I like the history of the WW2 firearms. Swedes made some good ones too. Used a ljungman AG42 back in the day they were $140 surplus. Monster of an action, like a block of steel for a bolt and eject the shells about 40ft and denting them :rofl:

that must have been a shit job for Axis POWs … swinging at a metal punch, 5 times per gat, minute after minute, hour after hour. Millions of 98ks to tap away at.

better then clearing mines i guess …

2 Likes

Beats breaking rock, I’d do the stamping all day everyday :laughing:

Only 14 million K98s made hahahaha lucky they didn’t all have to be denazified.

1 Like

True that … and that was just one weapon type that prob got the same treatment. Im sure MP40s and MG34/42s got it too? There wouldn’t have been a civilian market when they were dinted right? All went to allied countries militaries first up id assume.

The most beautiful and craftsmanship built Czechoslovakian Gun Manufactures/Factories were overrun and captured by the Nazi’s in WW2……. like many other nations manufacturing factories involved in producing everything from hand weapons to boats, aircraft and everything else involved in the production of military hardware.

It’s a very awesome thing to have a rifle that displays the history of being a weapon that was manufactured by a country that was taken over by the Nazi’s, and had such Nazi production stamps added, and yet also removed/over stamped once the Nazi regime was routed out of those regions.

Another reason why I love my ZB26’s so much is the history behind the original Czechoslovakian Design/Manufacture, then to be captured and overtaken by the Germans, then to have that brilliant design to be raped and pillaged by the USA, British and Japanese Militaries to design their own versions of such a beautiful weapon!

Yeah, I am a History Buff, which is why I appreciate some Gelblaster Models over whatever more popular and higher performance models are available on the market. :sunglasses:

The ZB vz. 26 was a Czechoslovak light machine gun developed in the 1920s, which went on to enter service with several countries. It saw its major use during World War II, and spawned the related ZB vz. 27, vz. 30, and vz. 33. The ZB vz. 26 influenced many other light machine gun designs including the British Bren light machine gun and the Japanese Type 97 heavy tank machine gun. The ZB-26 is famous for its reliability, simple components, quick-change barrel and ease of manufacturing. This light machine gun in the Czechoslovak army was marked as the LK vz. 26 (“LK” means lehký kulomet , light machine gun; “vz.” stands for vzor , Model in Czech). ZB vz. 26 is incorrect nomenclature because “ZB-26” is a factory designation (Československá zbrojovka v Brně), while “vzor 26” or “vz. 26” is an army designation.

1 Like