What Did You Get Up To Today?

Same problem with Ferraris and Maseratis. Make-up remover wipes can remove the vinyl paint that they use to create the rubberised finish that becomes sticky

BTW - you can’t get the rubberised vinyl paint to reconstitute itself. Only way to cure stickiness is to remove the paint

2 Likes

Nylon and ABS plastics are fine with Iso. Just don’t soak it for days.

Could try a all purpose cleaner like I use to clean my bike air filters which dissolves the old oils but doesn’t damage the foam. Simple Green. :person_shrugging: off to get a Bunnings sausage you go :+1: Simple Green 1L Green Concentrate All Purpose Cleaner - Bunnings Australia

1 Like

2 trips to Bunnings, in one day…??

The sausage shed, better still be open!!
:grinning:

I’ll try some wd40 first, and see how I go…

I tried some of the soaked kitchen cleaning wipes, they did nothing…
But they are more antimicrobial cleaning…

1 Like

mate I’ll go you one better at sportsco

3 trips to Bunnings because I forgot the paint sample to paint where I had a plasterer fix the wall socket in the old place

my heads still all over the place trying to get everything sorted at both places, losing time with my kids because of it so not happy at all

1 Like

Ive done one chair, now sanded the other two.

Coarse then fine to remove old oil coatings, leafblower blow off, quick hit with the hose to rinse of the remaining debris.
Blow dry again, and then leave them in the sun to dry fully…

Two coats of deck oil, over the next two days, then move onto the table and do all of that…

Then, the vertical frontage timber needs doing. About 25m2 of vertical timber, obviously cant use a floor belt sander, so hand sanding instruments it is… what joy.

I thought about using cordless, for convenience, but its too large an area.
The batteries go flat in 10 mins, and take 2 hrs to charge.
Cheapo bunnings (nom nom, sausage…) ozito corded, handheld belt sander it is.

My back hurts, just looking at it…
And, i love being on ladders…not a roof this time… :face_with_head_bandage:

1 Like

Try this paint, works well :laughing:

Doing some spring cleaning / tidying up.

I may have posted this before, but its a good lockbox for GBB pistols.

Bought it from the tool section of bunnings, the bottom layer of foam is “disentergrateable squares”…you can selectively pull it apart, to create whatever sized slots you want.

Two other solid layers of foam, you can cut to shape for extra top retention while moving…

This config fits 10 Gbb’s, the box has 4 levers to shut it, and holes on the corners for fitting a small lock on…a small flexible lock works best.

I got nothing. Other than playing video games all afternoon.

1 Like

I’m waiting to get time to give black ops 6 beta a thrash, havnt had any time to jump on it, too busy with moving house, cleaning the old place and working nights :rage::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Nothing wrong with spending a few hours in front of a game now and then… good way to unwind.

I still enjoy dusting off MWII every so often and rampaging through the boneyard with a thermal scoped SCAR H… :rofl:

Black Ops 6 is the single biggest flop I’ve played.
biggest-piece-of-dogshit

I only played a few games of the blops 6 beta then just played booba souls aka stellar blade instead.

Someone please explain why washing machines always choose to crap out AFTER they’ve half filled the tub full of clothes with water. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Like, they couldn’t stop working before your load got soaking wet… noooooooo, that’d be too convenient. :roll_eyes:

No blaster work for this little black duck today… looks like I’ll be pulling apart a Fisher & Paykell piece of shit washing machine. :man_shrugging:

Made a bracket. Beautiful bracket it is. Took most of the day. Soothed edges, rounded corners chamfered screw holes and smooth silver paint. No one will ever see it but I’ll know it is a very nice bracket

Was at Mum & Dad’s for the weekend.
First thing I seen when I got through the front door was ENGEL Fridges and Esky’s scattered throughout the Lounge and Kitchen… Fisher & Paykel Fridge/Freezer had just shat itself right on Friday afternoon Business Closing :roll_eyes:

Hopefully they have the Fridge Mechanic get it working today sometime, otherwise I’m gonna have to drop off my camping fridge/freezer as well!

Those bloody Kiwis are probably laughing at us all right now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Got an opportunity to go through some old boxes that the old man’s been clearing out of the shed, finding all sorts of stuff he’s had packed away for years :sunglasses:

Looks like he was a fan of collecting souvenirs during his time in Service :joy:

Don’t worry, they’re all empty, just collected the “front and back” bits and glued them back together :grin:

I know that he used the SLR and OWEN and a few rifle rounds by the looks of it.

Murphys Law it’s one of lifes lil fk you moments… shoot it and burn it. Very satisfying :grin:

I’ve got a keen eye on Delta Force Hawk ops. Might be the shiz as I cut my teeth on Black hawk down and Joint Ops Typhoon Rising in clan play. Was freakin awesome back then.

Don’t play so much anymore but dabble in ARMA, Incursion Red River liking that, DCS, generally stay away from COD and such. Was a big BF2 clan player back then. Now I Like the more realistic stuff.

Arma Reforger is doing pretty good improving along the way to Arma 4.

After the gov shitfuck I just had I think I’ll disappear for a bit and blow some detailed pixels up in one of those games for a bit.

Nice to know australian gov has off loaded services to Indian reps :rage:. WTF is going on, where is the Australian people to run government services gone??

3 Likes

First of all, the good stuff…

2 coats on the other chairs…

And a few parcels arrived today…

Got my "standard stars " grips, LCR grips, RE mag extender, and 1/2 a LDT mp5-k…

BUT…

1 Like

Stars grips are fine. good to have spares / replace old worn ones.

The mag extender order, was missing a few pieces…
Lets hope the seller comes to the party, fairly easily…fingers crossed…

The Orings are round, but appear to be thicker than the DB ones.
time will tell, if the do the trick…

The ldt mp5-k, was sent in 2 parts, due chinese shipping (i think?).
I cant get the cocking bolt back, it seems jammed…

Finally LCR grips…

They look absolutely gorgeous…!

The fun bit, getting them to fit…

They are made for a real LCR, which has a smaller handle.

The Gel LCR has a larger metal handle, so ive been madly hand filing, trying to open up the internal space, and get it to fit in…

Doing it over the kitchen sink, i got so wrapped up, i didnt realise i was damaging the outside of the wood ( resting on the sink/bench!) !! .

Buggered it already…!!
It is noticeable, i will perservere with trying to get it to fit, and if its all satisfactory, maybe order another one…

I tried using the dremel, it only reaches so far, lots of material needed to be removed deep down…

It is two halves glued together ( bloody strong adhesive), maybe its easier to split it, and work while its open…

How would i split it…??

Joy, joy…

Maybe i’ll send it back to thailand…

Say it arrived like this…

Bloody thai post…!! :rofl: :rofl:

I can hear maiphut laughing, from over here…!!