What Did You Get Up To Today?

350 chev?

I thought you were doing helicopter blades or am I very, very mistaken. Forgive my rattled brain!

Definitely a threefiddy mate :white_check_mark:
Interesting to see one fitted in a boat in its natural orientation for a change :joy:

Iā€™m used to prop shaft Ski Boatsā€¦ā€¦ not drop leg props :roll_eyes:

I still do the heli blades and overhaulsšŸ‘
This was a rebuild of the bosses jet boat before Christmas holidays :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

V drives Iā€™m guessing :thinking:

Nahā€¦ā€¦. the statement ā€œjet boat ā€œ says it all really :joy:
Might be a Hamilton unit :thinking:

1 Like

Indeed it is good sir :+1:

Thatā€™s the last time I ever worked on a Ski boat with the engine facing forwardā€¦ā€¦. was with a 351 Cleveland V8 powering a Hamilton Jet Unit. :sunglasses:

Apparently the Hamilton Jet Company in NZ got good sponsorship from the Ford Motor Company to help develop the units, as long as they were only sold in conjunction 351 Cleveland fitted to them. :thinking:

2 Likes

Cool, progress. Yea you need photo id. Keep chipping away youā€™ll get there :+1: Youā€™ll get a photo Firearms Licence afterwards.

What I do today, load up truck ready for wool sale, caught up with the Bee man and got a heap of delicious free honey that run Bees on my joint, did a service on my ute. 20 business phonecalls trying to get shit organized lol

6 Likes

Nearly finished thank godā€‹:roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Might want to fit some grab/guide rails around those seats :thinking:
Jet Boats can get you all sorts of sideways in the blink of an eye :flushed::joy::+1:

1 Like

Depends how much he likes the bossā€¦!! :rofl: :rofl:

Absolutely, something with that sorta engine will be throwing you about and there are no handholds in sight.

Reminds me of this: Seven Person Speed Boat SMASH - Crazy - YouTube

I was hoping, for some ā€œwardrobe failureā€, during the ā€œsteering failureā€ā€¦!! :joy: :joy:

Some bloke to drop his budgie smugglers @BME ? :thinking::joy:

Nahhhā€¦
I was concerned about lack of flotation vestsā€¦
But , at least 2, had enough silicone, to see them afloat for hoursā€¦!!

Might need closer inspection though, to see if they are still in surveyā€¦!! :rofl: :rofl:

(JK, they look all naturalā€¦)

Good old Ozzy Man makes even the worst situations even better! :sunglasses::joy::+1:

3 Likes

Ha Haā€¦

Love Ozzy manā€¦
Destination Fuckedā€¦except for timboā€¦no love , for youā€¦

This is why i only wear $20 servo sunniesā€¦you lose them, all the time , from jetskiā€™sā€¦! (and , on aircraft , polarised lenses disort your vision , looking through heated element windscreens)

I favour disposable/ loseable frugality, over name brand fashion, any day of the weekā€¦!!

1 Like

Heard recently, that in qld, they are planning to tax solar output, if you are exporting too much powerā€¦what a croc.

reducing feed in tarrifs is one thing, but now taxing exports, after you have paid money to install a systemā€¦cmonā€¦

here is something i posted elsewhereā€¦

Interesting food for thought.

The biggest trick , the devil can pull, is make you like him, as he stabs you in the backā€¦

A few factsā€¦

1. years ago ,power used to be affordable. Initial interest in solar was low, as power was quite cheap. They had to pay high feed in tarriffs, to coerce people to pay big bucks, to install systems.

2. Solar companies knew demand for power would increase in the future, requiring capital expenditure, and maintainence costs.

3. Aust has over 3.2 million household solar systems installed. Lets say Qld has, roughly 1/5th of these. Thats 650 000 systems in Qld. Lets say the average price was $7000.00. They used t be more expensive, initially, particularly for larger systems.

4. Thats $ 4 550 000 000.00 dollars worth of power production infastructure, that is privately funded, and maintained, in Qld alone. Aust wide, the figure is an eye watering ( i needed my big calculator for this) $ 22 400 000 000.00 If your inverter dies, your sure as hell gonna get a new one soon, to keep your system working.

5. What a deal for the power companiesā€¦!!
    Citizens fork out 22.5 billion for free,no repayments, no interest, and also maintain the system for free!!!

Power companies take what you make for 5c, sell it for 26c ( probs 40c in 2 years time), and now wanna tax you , if you export too muchā€¦!! Can i get a seat on that boardā€¦!!!

You may have guessed, iā€™m slightly peeved, at the whole taxing thingā€¦

2 Likes

This was proposed nationally some years ago, but power providers had been prevented from doing so by law. That changed last year.
A couple of articles that might explain it a bit more-

2 Likes

still going ahead, with a battery system, for mums place.

She already has a 6.6kw system.

By adding a seperate , new system, with a hybrid inverter, she is allowed to add an additional 4.0 kw of panels on the roof. This operates seperately from the other system, it will recharge the battery first, then export to the grid.

All up , its not cheap, $13k for the panels, inverter, 10 kw/h battery and install.
But, once done, she should be 98% of the grid.
The price of power could quadruple, and it wont effect her, as she will barely touch grid power ( only on rainy days).
Having more panels, will be exporting more, and help offset falling feed in tarrifs.

And, the environmental piece of mind, knowing less coal is being burnt.

Sheā€™ll never have to worry about power bills, for the rest of her life.

And , when the place eventually goes to me, i can get higher rent, as having solar/batt system will be highly sought after, as it keeps tennants off high power pricesā€¦

Happy birthday,Mumā€¦!!