What Did You Get Up To Today?

Don’t do the Battery system, biggest waste of money ever. You’ve been warned.

Neighbour did it. You get 1 to 3hrs at night on battery and it is a large system. Then you are back to rolling coal.

2 Likes

Thanks for the concern.

At my new place, it already had a 6.5kw solar, and a 10kw/h battery, when i moved in.
Its 3phase, so i added an additional 6.5 kw solar. Total of 13.3 of panels, feeding 10kw inverters. Cranks out 80 kw/h a day, in summer.

With the battery power, i do agree, you need to be careful, 10 kw/h ain’t a lot.

I dont run the ducted A/cond, I installed split systems through the place.

A little 2.5 kw fujitsu in the bedroom, if you need it for scorchers.

On 24deg, at low, they draw about 350watts, so 8 hrs is 2.8kw/h , just over a quarter of the battery for the night.

If im careful, i can get through every night, not drawing on grid power.

Since its been up and running, ive drawn 400 kw/h from the grid, and exported…over 10 000 kw/h. That sees me getting refund cheques overall.

Mums setup will be similar, she doesnt use A/C at night, gas hot water, so i think she’ll be the same…

I have a kerosene fridge, kero lamps, a gas cooker burner, a wood fire integrated with a hot water system, a couple of fire pits, camp ovens, a couple of rainwater tanks, a composting toilet, a back up generator and a single solar panel with a single N70 battery that can supply pretty much all of my simple needs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I might live like a caveman, but life sure is much easier, just like the good old days :joy::ok_hand::+1:

3 Likes

I’m not allowed to have more than 5kw solar here. Power lines not good enough, so pointless me investing in battery, I shouldn’t have wasted 10k on solar panels in the first place would pay for 15yrs of power bills.

1 Like

Everyones situation is different.

Bit of a risk, with mum, a big expense, but (hopefully) she’ll be around long enough to recoup the benefit, living in the same house.

Inverter and battery have a 10 year warranty, so theres that too.

I dread to think, what power prices will be, in 6-8 years time…!!

Forgot my password for a whole week and a bit then tried to reset it only to find out the password I wanted to change it to is my current one :man_facepalming: Some days I swear Victoria’s air pollution is frying my brain

2 Likes

Oh, Cmon Squiddy…

Saying,you forgot your password, is like saying, “the dog ate my homework…”

If victoria’s air wont fry your brain, we’ll need a deep pan, and some oil, to do it…!!

Your Pennance: roll in oil, then flour and seasoning, then lie in a hot pan for 15 mins.

Turn over at half time. chop your legs off, say sorry again, then give them to us to Nom Nom…!!

You might just be forgiven…!!

1 Like

Oh so you are finally assimilating to the Victorian way :rofl:

“I need two hands to eat a sandwich” :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

AT THE AGE OF 7 MY PARENTS GAVE ME THE KEYS TO THE HOUSE AND SAID YOUR ON YOUR OWN
YOU LEARN REAL QUICK HOW TO SURVIVE AND WHO YOU CAN TRUST

FIRST THING I LEARNT IS THAT PLASTIC BOWLS ARE USELESS TO REHEAT Weetabix ON A GAS STOVE :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The stars have aligned.

My firearms permit application is finally in.

Applied for Cat A 2, 3, 4 and Cat B 2, 3.

Looking forward to that training authorization letter, now.

4 Likes

Time to do some night fishing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Out for a weekend ride to Glen Innes
First photo is at the balancing rock seen in the distance (my uncle was killed in a car crash there in 1964)
Second is at the Stonehenge recreation at Glen Innes
Third is my overnight stay at stannum
House in Tenterfield .
Bargain $100 includes hot breakfast
Mine is the front room with the balcony.
All rooms are as they were when Australia independence was signed there back in 1901.
Funny that the new owners are Pakistani

4 Likes

On any Sunday bit of dirt biking, bit of yard work draughting sheep off for sale. Would have done it yesterday but was raining so today it is :+1:

6 Likes

MMmmoooooo! :joy:

Same property work still ongoing here cleaning up shite for the Sale :roll_eyes:

Tonnage being moved has slowed, as I had to go back to work Mon-Friday…… and now only have weekends available in the trucks/tractors/loaders to keep shifting gear off the property.

This has only compressed the amount of work required into two short days of sunup until last light, instead of a steady week of work :confused:

Anyrate…… it’s just ticked over 7:00pm and twilight is approaching…… better get back to it before it starts getting dark, even though most of you people will already be in bed by now!

3 Likes

Can I get the offcuts, for a decent blanket, and Ugg boots…
Please…!!?!
I do eat , a fair bit of lamb…!!

1 Like

You gonna have to take a drive, don the blue singlet, stubby shorts, Akubra, Blundstones etc. and run around in shit, piss, prickles all day if you are expecting those privileges :flushed:

Oh yeah…… didn’t mention the dust and the flies…… it’s only city people who whinge about that! :joy:

2 Likes

You think i don’t do that, everyday…?!
:rofl: :rofl:

Dealing with foreign tourists or the flight attendants :thinking::joy:

2 Likes

True story.
Did a %%%%%%% Island trip , recently…
Had a Elvis impersonator onboard…and, he was trying to drum up some buisness , in the departure gate…

it took every bit of my effort, not to usurp him…
" I waana Coke, Uh, but Its all shook up"

Also…

" A little less conversation, a little more action…
Push back soon, get me some runway traction…
fly me off, to ######, please, land on the runway, not into the trees…
Dont run off the end, you might just drown me…( Might drown Me!!)

3 Likes

YouTube’s off their rocker. I just got a Daniel Defense add for a custom M4 line for Black Friday.