What Did You Get Up To Today?

I’m guessing, your running a premises, slightly larger than a 4 bedroom home…!!! :sweat_smile: :rofl:

No, 3 bedroom. Paddocks do not require power to grow grass and feed.

1 Like

wow.
thats a serious power bill, if its for residential only…

Lots of A/C…?

Na mate no AC been cold. Just the price per kwh has gone up a shit load here. And the solar rebate, down. :roll_eyes:

Bugger…!!
Bloody monopolies…

The only saving grace is I get a 32% discount for being an RAA member (equivalent to RACQ I think) if I pay on time.

what do they charge, per kw/h there…?
up here its 26c…

around 37c, according to google…yikes.!

It’s 57 cents per kwh here mate :roll_eyes:

power

The minus 6 cents is the feed in I get. Guess I should party. :roll_eyes:

Faaarrrkk…!!!

Thats criminal…
Though i suppose they will cite high costs, to run and maintain power lines, to remote areas…

I feel like cutting the unreliable POS off and run on a diesel generator. Be cheaper at least.

There is already a $100 a quarter for supply on top of that. It’s just fucked.

2 Likes

I checked on family members living in the big smellyaide. They are paying 56-59 cents per kwh same as me, so you can rule the rural part out.

I’m on the Gold Coast, Origin Basic.

The grandfathered solar rate really helps even if it’s down 2 cents, but usually I get around at least $200 credits for the summer quarters.

3 Likes

Thems the figures, i like to see…

For my (now rental) in coombabah, i got the 44c feed in tarrif.
I went with a 1.5 kw system, as that was all i could afford at the time.
I got slight refunds, ($200-ish a year), but once i moved out, the feed in tarrif dissapeared.

Having said that, i just installed a 6.5 kw system, as the govt rebates drop every year. That place is a keeper, so ultimately im putting it in for myself , long term.

I was going to put the rent up, but I found out my tennant is undergoing chemo, so i put the brakes on that…

1 Like

With the solar install and monitoring, I put the solar account in my name.

That way, tennants can come and go, but i still retain oversight over the solar account.

Funny thing is, with monitoring, you can inpromptu “spy”, on your tennants.

You can see if they use A/C 24/7…or turn it off at night.
You also know when the house is empty, as the load drops to near zero…

I dont know, if they know, that I know…!! :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

No wonder the govt gets off, on surveillance…

you can also find out exactly how much devices use, by turning them on and off, and seeing the change in load…the oven draws 3000w, 7Kw a/c draws 2700w, tv draws 300w, 2.5kw a/c draws 250w etc…

Useful nerd figures…

2 Likes

Grandfathered solar rebate of 14c I was getting got abolished this year. For my state that is.

How the f you do that? I got a fair idea of what uses what because I’m the silly prick using it. Just curious.

When having the system installed, they gave me a choice.

On a standard inverter, basic monitoring is included, all you can see is system output.

For a small extra fee, you can have more complex monitoring, which includes system output, load to / from the grid, and load to / from the battery.

A hybrid inverter has the complex monitoring as standard, as per battery management.

I had a hybrid inverter put in to the investment, so i have the ability to add a battery later, if i choose to…

Pretty handy function to have…

I can remote monitor all the solar systems, which is pretty cool…

In the years to come, having solar and a battery would be very high value for tennants.

If the average power bill will be $4000 a year, a bit further down the track, its pretty easy to justify higher rent, if you can drop that bill to near zero…

3 Likes

Interesting, never had that option when installing mine several years ago. Thanks for the explain.

Most are going away from solar and batteries that I know of, cost ineffective as you still get a big bill for a rather large outlay and there is no one I know of that has a return or get paid. I know a fkn lot of people too so it aint just me and me sister I’m drawing info from.

The local pub got a grant from the council to install solar as their usage is high with all the fridges and everything else. 40KW system, they still have to pay a bit for it. I’ll ask numbers next time I’m in there but it’s stabilized the cost for now at least. Their power bill was $1100 per week.

3 Likes

The place i moved into had a 6.5kw system, and a 10kw/hr battery in place.
Its 3 phase, so i added an extra 6.5kw of panels.

In the nearly 12 months ive been there, i have drawn 500 kw/h from the grid…and exported over 10 000. At the 11c feed in tarrif (just now expired) I was sitting on just under 1k of refunds.

Now, my situation is different, as i am away a fair bit, and i am a power nazi.
A/c goes off when sun goes down, and i am very mindful to minimise use.
I usually draw 6-8 kw overnight, so its all battery power.

Different story, if its a family of 4/5, with power ignorant kids running everything.
Amazing how the perpective changes, when you pay the bills…!! :sweat_smile: :rofl: :joy:

Likewise, mum will draw very little power overnight, just her (gas heating), the battery is currently at 76%…
Im very confident, the numbers will work for her.

Everyones situation is different, though…

$1100 a week power bill, thats enough to drive you to drink…!!!
right place for that, then…!! :joy: :joy:

1 Like

No TV or anything like that running? Fridges off? Everything off? I only have 3 fridges running constantly for food supply, mate does aswell just him and his wife I dunno how many $10 grand kilowasps batteries he’s got are dead in 3hrs at night.

2 Likes