What Did You Get Up To Today?

Yea it’s really good isn’t it and when the NBN drops out regulary so does your phone :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks, Liberal. Thanks, Tony. Love that you kneecapped a necessary expansion to our national infrastructure. We totally weren’t about to be the envy of the whole world, at an affordable price. :upside_down_face:

I got to live in a place that had FTTP for a while, between 2012 and 2015 or so. Perfect reliability, the modem stayed on even when the entire rest of the house’s power went out.

Actually went on Spacebook for the first time in ages and was good to see some great old memories :+1:
At least it’s good for something other than bullshit and drama! :joy:

1 Like

It has it’s uses, I just skip anything or anyone I don’t like to get what I’m after. Got onto a really informative group for my vehicle that has hundreds of knowledgeable people to find out the idiosyncrasies and how to look after it. Contacted old friends from school, that sort of thing is handy for.

2 Likes

Looks like YouTube have been deleting firearms channels. Crap

mm seen some of that, can’t show loading a firearm or clearing malfunctions. Stupid, oh well on to another platform. One I watch went to Rumble.

Absolutely love this high speed camera stuff……. which I normally study for mechanical engineering purposes , but is also incredible to watch in other fields of interests :ok_hand::sunglasses:

This is where I learned about muzzle breaks, flash hiders, suppressors etc in controlling the environment around a projectile leaving a barrel by watching high speed videos of the forces applied to the effects upon the projectiles at this critical point.

4 Likes

Time to give old faithful some love

6 Likes

Nothing like not being able to find a bunch of IDs and birth certs to make clearing out a certain room 6 months ago sound like a reallllllllllllllly bad idea… FMD! There goes sleep.

1 Like

Never liked the look of the steyr aug much.
But in gold it makes great wall art.
Never fired it so don’t know what’s it like.
It just does not look mean enough for my liking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

The New Foundry Airsoft Halo Magnum Kits - 4,000 Subscriber Special! - YouTube i saw this and i want it so bad

Remind me to never open a sig ‘226 up again🙁. Absolute pain in the arse to get the decockers tension spring seated again. And the grips I ordered, being for the real one, of course don’t fit. Needed to carve out the bulk of it to get it on. Still isn’t even flush. Haven’t even started the left side yet.

Also put a hole through it🤦‍♂️. I need a dremmel… not a Swiss Army knife

3 Likes

Been playing with the steam deck.

Also discovered how terrible of an ex-manager I had.

I take it that the old manager didn’t manage to manage anything? :roll_eyes::joy:

1 Like

Oh they were terrible alright. :smiley:

1 Like

Finished off my latest PG smut story for my SS13 server

For the uninitiated: I play on a PG roleplay server. The game has a system that acts as a library, where you can write books and add them to the computer, so people can check them out and read them when they’re bored.

One of my characters is a positronic (think Data from Star Trek The Next Generation) and she writes smut for a living. She personally has ZERO interest in it, but it sells well. So she makes bank.

This is book 3 in her series, the first one was M/F, the second one was M/M, no bonus points for guessing what book 3’s pairing is.

3 Likes

I was supposed to do a Norfolk Island, trip today.
Ops pulled the pin, yesterday afternoon.

Good call…

Looking at the taf, tempo periods, of gusts up to 80 kts…!!!
737 has manual doors…ie not powered/ electric assist…
There is a door opening /closing limit of 40 kts…

Even IF you did land, you couldn’t open the doors…!!
Even IF you could, the little old ladies would be getting airborne, and likely blown away to meet the wizard of oz…!! (Lots of elderly folk, at Norfolk).

Most homes there , are not built to cyclone specs….
I wish them , good luck….

Wow, that’s some insane winds!
What’s up with the weather pattern there that’s causing all this?

Tropical cyclone…was cat 3…now cat 2… ( they run out of coriolis force, as they move further south)

Heading straight at, norfolk…it will cross , later tonight

most (weakening) cyclones, have missed them, by 70kms, for the past 30-40 odd years…

Coriolis force… is why cairns cops cat 5 cyclones…(and insurance premiums…some homes are uninsurable, according to the insurance companies)

and, brissy cops cat 2 cyclone remnants ( Lesser winds, but still intense rain patterns…think 1974 floods, brissy)

1 Like

Cheers…… just seen massive cyclone threatening New Zealand, moving down the East Coast of Australia that’s the first I’ve heard of this event over that side of the world, but explains everything :+1: