What Did You Get Up To Today?

I dont have a real estate ticket.

I do know, its a short course to get one though…could be something my niece could get into…

Its money for jam, for the bastards, when houses are selling…
2.5% commissions ( though they usually give 30-40% , to the principal).

19K commission, on a 750k house, and they are still selling in brissy.
Forced sales coming up to ( unfortumately), when interest rates go up…and people are forced to sell…

They win, on the way up, and the way down…

Don’t forget Solar/Battery expert consultant as well! :white_check_mark::joy:

2 Likes

Had to google this model, as have been very sheltered with new products because of my use of mostly only our old family gear……… only being exposed to newer stuff when mates invite me to a shoot at the local ranges.

Certainly sounds like a great bangstick going by the reviews :+1:

My old family favourite was a .22 Hornet, semi auto with both 10 & 15 round magazines.

Was a beautiful old rifle, accurate as hell and a great balance of accuracy over distance compared with larger sized rifles.

Stopping power/range and accuracy was highly tuneable by selecting the right ammunition.

Unfortunately got handed in during Howard’s bans…… along with our 8 shot pump action shotgun :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Still have a couple of .22 bolt actions, which are very beautiful bits of gear…… but don’t hold a candle to the old Hornet :confused:

@JazzyWard …. are you limited in calibres because you have just got your license?
Sorry, but haven’t been through this process since I turned 18……and just recently turned 50!

If I was to purchase something new in my particular needs in my part of the country, I have always looked at .223 as being probably the best rifle for what I require.

Have put a few rounds through a few different models whilst out shooting with mates, and found these perfect calibre for our needs :sunglasses:

2 Likes

God damn, a lot of beautiful guns got sucked up by the buybacks. Some of those old rimfire self loaders were really something special, and I’ve heard hornet packs a wallop, even for medium sized game.

As for restrictions on calibre when the license comes through? (I’m about 35 days off getting my data card)

None at all. I could buy a .50 BMG bolt action that day, if I wanted.

5.56 was actually one of the cartridges I was thinking of looking into, too. I was tossing up between it and .243 for goats and foxes. From what I’ve read, .223 is easier on the recoil, and better for sourcing ammo on the cheap, so you can get your eye in. But .243 is flatter shooting and hits harder out at range. You can apparently even take smaller deer with it, it hits so hard.

And I ain’t gonna lie. The four main reasons I’m getting my license are gel blasters, fox hunting, skeet shooting, and venison. Delicious, tasty, wild venison :drooling_face: Being able to take a deer that I catch by happenstance while foxing one day would be a lot easier with the heavier slug.

3 Likes

Thanks, great reply :+1:

I can certainly agree with the .243 over the .223 in terms of distance/accuracy and hitting power, it’s just that I have only shot them on a target range, but not in real terms whilst out bush on the farms. :confused:

I might have to ask around and see if I can get a run with a .243 if any of my mates know of someone who owns one.

It’s insane that you can do a course, fill out some forms, put some holes into a piece of paper and be allowed up to .50 BMG without any experience or legislated “L” plate timeframes :flushed:

Absolutely correct on the benefits of the .22 Hornets, amazing performance and cheap ammo compared with many other rifles.

Grew up exclusively eradicating wild Goats, Rabbits, Foxes, Kangaroos, Cats and Pigs.

The .22 Hornet was used for everything except for Pigs…… those power houses were strictly .303/30.06 etc for effective humane culling.

I still remember when I was only 10-11 years old, scoping a Kangaroo with the Hornet silhouetted on a dam wall about a kilometre from the paddock we were in.

Took the shot, after plenty of calculations of distance, drop, windage etc…… and 4 or 5 seconds after squeezing the trigger, it bounced into the air and tumbled out of sight.

It was quite a few seconds later that I heard the “whomp” of the round finding home.
I quickly then got back into the ute and raced across the couple of paddock’s to make sure that it was a clean and effective kill.

Couldn’t believe that old Hornet had the power to drop such a large animal at that distance :flushed:

Ammunition was high grain solid tip, as hollow points were shockingly bad for accuracy over distance.

Let us know what you settle on maybe purchasing if you follow up with this beyond GelBlasters…… will be interesting to know :+1:

1 Like

I can vouch for the favorable price/quality of the CZ’s

I have a CZ452 american in .22lr, and its awesome
My american has the straight stock, i wanted to get the euro stock version

(slightly downward drooping stock, very cool looking, but they didn’t have them instore , as they were a run out model.)

Here is a pic of one, i found on the net…

My 452 is an awesome little unit, nice and light, accurate, and feels good in the hand. UTG 3-9x40 scope. Nothing special, but it does the job.

When i got mine, the 452 was being replaced by the 455.
I asked about the differences, the 455 apparently has interchangeable barrels, but at the expense of an otherwise excellent bolt system.

I found this on another forum , comparing 452 vs 455…

“Not the same. Not even close.
The main difference between the 452 and 455 is the lack of a opposing locking lug on the bolt in the 455. The 455 has only the bolt handle root to hold the bolt in place where the 452 had an opposing lug as well. This allows CZ to skip some expensive machining on the bolt handle and the receiver. It’s a bit of slight of hand: pointing out the trinkety improvements while ignoring the vast cheapening of the action. Sad.~Muir”

something to consider.

452’s may be cheaper, if a .22 magnum one can be found, and you’d be happy with that.
If your planning on hunting bigger game, probs not the one to go for.

Anyway, need to see piccies, when you get the gear…!!

Also, grab the largest safe you can…, they fill up quick, and thats not even counting gelblasters…!! :laughing: :grin:

2 Likes

Not just interchangeable barrels. Interchangeable calibres! One registered receiver, able to fire .22lr, .22wmr and. 17hmr.

I think they had us qualify on a bunch of 452s, they were for sure CZs at least. Damn nice feeling actions on them, I can’t lie. And even my European and American friends recommend them for a starting rifle.

1 Like

Coloured spaghetti putting pretty shiny stuff together for one of our builds :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You know, I know it’s for a ground vehicle, but hot damn that gives off 1930s cockpit instrument vibes. I love it.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the goal when choosing different instruments for all our different vehicles from the turn of the century 1900 to the late 1970’s…… everything is planned to suit a different era :ok_hand::sunglasses:

I will post a pic of a dashboard that we are in the middle of restoring/modernising for a 1933 Plymouth 5 Window Coupe that we are building.

It’s absolutely beautiful :star_struck:

2 Likes

Fuel/Oil/Temp/Volt Gauges are directly from Dolphin Gauges USA, but we had to get the combination Speedo/Tacho off an EBay search.

We required a certain sized GPS Speed/Tach combination gauge which Dolphin/Autometer/Classic Instruments etc couldn’t provide.

Had to be black face/red needle/chrome bezel to match the other gauges and was the best that we could find to suit :+1:

1 Like

Old 1933 Plymouth dash that we need to restore and retrofit classic instruments :thinking:

1 Like

I just repriced a set of 3 3/8" gauges from SpeedHut. Over $AUD1700 delivered, but great gauges.

1 Like

Yeah nothin’s cheap hey!
Take the price of any item and then double it for shipping :flushed::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Some ideas are a bit out there

2 Likes

Yeah…… that whole “Rat Rod” thing gets a bit insane sometimes…… and not always in a good way :roll_eyes:

Interested to know what make the Hornet was you used to shoot. Sounds cool :+1:

If you are looking .223 you can’t go wrong with a Howa mini action. Top Jap steel, action short like glass and detachable mag. Use 55grn VMAX projectiles. Make sure barrel is over 22" and watch the bloodbath :rofl: It fkn rocks.

2 Likes

It was a BSA…… certainly can’t forget those stampings!
Also remember the beautiful diamond patterned timber handgrips and nicely finished machining at the back of the bolt carrier.

Still trying to remember the magazines though.
Don’t know if was 5 standard, 7 mid and 10 long…… or 5/10/15 :thinking:

I do remember that the 5 round was not even noticeable, the mid size mag was, but not stand outish…… whereas the long mag was starting to give it that “military” fully automatic type profile, even though it was a single action/semi :sunglasses:

Was an old gun back then when we were shooting it as kids/teenagers in the late 1970’s/1980’s.

Can’t remember what year the Howard “buy back” came in…… but that’s the last I ever saw of it :cry:

1 Like

Just tried a google search and found out that they were called an “Armatic” :thinking:
Ours definitely had nice engraved diamonds in the timber work and the largest magazine noticeably longer than what looks to me like the “middle” sized mag that we had out of the three.

My old grandad might have made a few added “customised” details…… as us boys in the family have been known to do! :joy:

1 Like

Imma gonna seriously have to ask my old man…… I’m getting confused as to what was what with all the different gear that we had way back in those years :face_with_monocle:

The centre fire Hornets were obviously a completely different kettle of fish to the .22 LR Rimfires.

1 Like