What Did You Get Up To Today?

What a spin out!! :laughing:

Replaced a blown MOSFET in this Vector V2 today… felt like I was stuck in a time warp…

I 'd forgotten how fiddly those little suckers are but it went back together with a new FET and four, count 'em, four of the incredibly evil select lever detent springs and pins.

What a blast from the past… now I need a bourbon. :wink:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Nice… but I suppose it’s a secret were your panning.

1 Like

A lot of people getting into it these days. I’ve got a cousin over in WA who prospects… he seems to be doing alright at it :wink:
He’s done so well he now takes groups out looking for the shiny stuff.

2 Likes

No secret, just a local creek crossing :rofl:

2 Likes

Dragged this relic out of storage today… getting it working again… feels a bit like working on a '57 Chev :laughing:

4 Likes

Watched Top Secret! with the missus today. God DAMN that movie is hilarious. Just joke, after joke, after joke. Chocolate Mousse was my hero.

Also how did skeet surfin’ never take off?? I wanna play!

1 Like

Awesome movie, watched it at the Drive-In when it first came out.
Was amazing to hear a whole car park full of hundreds of people all laughing at the same time!

@JazzyWard
That scene where they are dressed in disguise as a Friesian Cow………

What followed was burnt into my memory forever :flushed::joy:

The fake spots painted onto a real cow was amazing prop work.

Also I fuckin’ DIED laughing when the traitor guy was walking bow legged after the bull!

Found it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pissed myself laughing all over again!

1 Like

Just had a brain fart after chatting with @Davbot71 in another thread and reminded of something I was going to post another time in another thread…. but here’s as good a place as any :joy:

Went to Fremantle last weekend, organised to take my Son up to visit his sister for a day out.
Picked her up from work at the Recording Studio and went for lunch in amongst all the old Freo convict/first settlement buildings :sunglasses:

She had saved her money and wanted to buy her brother a toy.
He’s 17 this year, but his Autism has his brain frozen around the 7-8 year old development, so still loves his toys…. especially anything with lights and sounds!

Daughter had to Google and found a Toyworld in Fremantle to go shopping.
Was a big store situated in a big old 1900’s building and we soon all separated from each other to have a look around.

Guess where my daughter knew to come looking to find Dad…….

Amazing she knew where to find me :joy:

Also a cross post as to WA Government Bans heavily biased on appearance laws not being equal across the board, especially when 80% of these toys were full sized same as our Blasters! :roll_eyes:

8 Likes

Old Marky Mark has had enough.
His overinflated ego and arrogant statements in the media have been getting worse in the last few months.

Rumours are that he’s most likely been offered a high paying position in one of the massive mining companies that pretty much run the Government here in WA.

Is it possible that this is the right timing to push even harder to lobby a new Premier for changes to the Gelblaster Laws :thinking:

Unfortunately can guarantee that will still be another Labour member stepping up to take his position who will still back current standing policies, where they hold 53 of the 59 seats in the lower House of Parliament.

Will just wait and see how all this pans out.

2 Likes

Could be that the Labor party itself has had a shake up. Gotta keep in mind that neither they, nor the coalition, nor the greens are monoliths, and are made up of power blocs.

WA Labor’s gonna have the mining industry be their main bloc, and maybe the other blocs have come together behind the scenes to put McGowan out to pasture. Or it could just be the mining industry is annoyed with how much controversy he’s causing, and putting him in the corner to avoid Labor losing an upcoming election.

Either way, absolutely agree that now is the time to push on your local member. Could be the ones who agree with you might be about to get a chance to have a voice.

1 Like

I do honestly believe that Marky Mark has been offered a cushy and extremely well paying job on the board of directors or similar with one of the mining giants :thinking:

Certainly much less stressful but very financially rewarding!
Well that’s the strongest rumour going around at the moment anyway :joy:

It’s already got the other political parties frothing about a chance for a possible election campaign win, but that’s probably pretty slim when considering how many seats Labour already hold in the lower house level.

I will email a few of our Gelblaster Campaign Groups and see how this announcement can be possibly used to our advantage with another concentrated effort in sending emails out to the various MP’s throughout our regions :+1:

2 Likes

I just came by to congratulate your tyrant premier kicked the can. Good luck with the next one and any attempts at undoing his shite.

1 Like

What…!!!
Do pollies , use their positions of power, to do favours for big buisness, and then, later, become directors, for the same companies afterwards…!!
Gravy train, for doing nothing…

Shock…Horror…!!

Or, in other words…buisness as usual…

By the way, the workers cant have a pay rise…cause, yknow, its too expensive…
Now, where is my private yacht…?

Yes complete coincidence when you follow the careers of ex Politicians/Political Members to find that they somehow ended up with some pretty controversial Companies tied to dodgy dealings with the same people whilst in power :thinking:

1 Like

What have I been getting up too?:thinking:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Still tech’n at the Donnybrook field on weekends👍
Look what I found🤪

4 Likes

Good work…!

What do you do with the specks…save them up, fill up a container, and cash them in.?

Dont let the tax man see this, he’ll be all like…

"we estimate, the value of additional income, as …

image"

Good stuff…!!

2 Likes