What Did You Get Up To Today?

Yes - full cylinder. Actually the v/e is too low. Looked at the wrong column in the calculator. Will drop the barrel back t around 400 and test again

2 Likes

Sounds like something not sealing right, nozzle, nozzle head may be :thinking:

Pretty much bang on 30cm inner barrel, 80% ported cylinder.

Didnā€™t bother calculating VE but I can tell by the sound of it itā€™s not far off. The chrono doesnā€™t lieā€¦ :wink: I was going to swap over to a 7.3 inner, but with figures like that I wouldnā€™t bother. :wink:

The usual 300fps inaccuracy issues straight out, just waiting on the outer barrel so I can work out a hop up solution for it. The inner barrel length may change slightly as a result.

1 Like

Thatā€™ll make it better, 40cm is still pushing it a bit for a 100% cylinder. From memory, wasnā€™t max length for a 100% cyl about 37-38?
Dunnoā€¦ I mean, 2cm shouldnā€™t matter (thatā€™s what she said) :man_shrugging: I used to get 330fps out of my M16A1 with a barrel close to 50cm, VE would have been horrendous though.

Iā€™ll agree with Maiphutā€¦ sounds like air sealingā€™s letting you down a bit.

2 Likes

400 is v/e of 1.6.
375mm is v/e of 1.7.
355mm is v/e of 1.8.

Will check for leaks when the barrel is changed

1 Like

Changed the barrel to 375mm and fps is consistently around 280fps. Didnā€™t check for leaks as it was only a cheap thin 7.5 mm barrel that needs to b replaced. Range also increased

1 Like

Wouldnā€™t be the barrel to t-piece leaking a bit would it. Glued in or tight fit is it?

1 Like

Think itā€™s the nozzle thatā€™s leaking. Barrel is glued into t-piece. Iā€™ll go right over gearbox and cylinder when I get a better barrel

1 Like

Went to one of my local g-n store in Beaudesert to buy some ammo (have you seen the price of 9mm ammo crazy)
Apart from greeting me by my first name (never released I was in there that much).
He asked if I was still playing with my toy g-uns.
I said yes because if I didnā€™t have them I would have to use my real ones
to shoot at stuff around the property like visitors.
The look on his face was priceless

Hopefully I wonā€™t be getting a visit from ATF soonšŸ˜œ

2 Likes

Heard that AFP SERT need a new place to do training runs. Do you want me to pass on your contact :rofl: :rofl: :upside_down_face:

Sorry lost all my g-ns and ammo in a boating accident

Funny thing, todayā€¦

Got called out on reserve, had 1.5 hrs on the ground in Melbā€¦

I was looking for a toilet to use, the Capt and i passed the (recently renovated),

ā€œGender neutral toiletā€ ā€¦

I said to him " How does this workā€¦?? Can we use it., can we share it with chicksā€¦??
Will they get offended ?.?!!"
None of us knewā€¦ i suggested there probably wouldnā€™t be a urinalā€¦

I said i was curious to see what was inside, i was all primed to go inā€¦

But then a woman walked in, and I baulkedā€¦

5 mins later, i said, stuff itā€¦iā€™m going inā€¦i donā€™t careā€¦

Insideā€¦ no urinals, 2 lockable toilet cubicles, with a notice on the door , saying ā€¦

ā€œAnyone is free to use the facilities, regardless of how they identifyā€¦
Gender specific toilets are nearby, if you wish to use those insteadā€¦ā€

Greatā€¦

Male toilets in the airport as so feral, you need to walk through the " arc of wee" , to get to the troughsā€¦
Nothing worse, than using airport public toilets for a number 2, when they service 2000+ butts, per dayā€¦

I reckon these toilets will be the least used, and cleanest in the airportā€¦big winā€¦!!

I identify as a person who wants to avoid , getting the flu again, this seasonā€¦!!

But, seriously, its a little bit unsettling , for a hetro bloke, following a woman into the toiletā€¦

N.B, there is no hate / intolerance etc in thisā€¦just confusion, for what a hetro bloke does in this situationā€¦
Im glad the sign is on the insideā€¦you have to be brave enough to go inā€¦that should keep most dudes out, the queue shorter, and the toilet cleanerā€¦!! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I found that out at Tulla yesterdayā€¦ :laughing:

Best travel advice I could give anyone?

Crap at home. :joy:

1 Like

When the phone rings, at 4:15amā€¦.
You donā€™t have a choiceā€¦

At least now, there is another option, to the disabled toiletsā€¦,

1 Like

Canā€™t get over the length of that motor shaftā€¦ :exploding_head:

So, about 2 months ago I sent SAPol an email, saying I was concerned because I was getting awfully close to the 6 month limit before your application was presumed denied. They told me ā€œitā€™s on the way, no worries. Just be patientā€, so patient I was. Itā€™s a gun license, after all. Iā€™m totally fine with SAPol taking their time if it keeps the state safe.

Last week, sent them an email, again asking what was up. 'Cosā€¦the turn around time after training was meant to be like 28 days, a month and a half tops. Itā€™s obviously been 4 months since then. They ask me for my name, because apparently my application wasnā€™t showing up in the system. I did so, and never got an email back.

Finally gave them a call today, a bit fed up with waiting for an email. Finally managed to talk to someone, who was finally able to help. Turns out I somehow managed to slip between the cracks, and my application just got lost in the system. Which, funnily enough, is extremely typical of my experience with the government. But, whatever. Being a slightly squeaky wheel got me the grease I was looking for.

They said to look out for a letter from them in the next couple of weeks. I think Iā€™m finally gonna be able to get my toys back :sob:

Also been holding off legally changing my name, in order to avoid complicating things. So finally gonna be able to do that, too. Then I can just completely abandon my birth name, instead of having it follow me around for legal BS. Finally.

4 Likes

Government services loose themselves quite often let alone whatever yourself is trying to get done :roll_eyes: Gov services trip themselves over complication that they donā€™t even know what they are supposed to be doing.

I swear to god, it must be like Brazil in their offices :laughing:

Oh my aching back

Booster repaired and test fitted. New brake line run. Floor dynamatted. New underfelt cut and fitted. Rest day tomorrow

6 Likes