What Did You Get Up To Today?

Yaaay finally got the email back from BDM.

Next step soon.

4 Likes

first read that text on the left as slaughter :flushed:
Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 20.02.46

1 Like

New auxiliary gauges now the LPG is removed

20220816_155615

Looks like either the fuel sender is kaput (2 year old repro) or the line from the tank is bad

20220816_153207

Put the 460 in the short CQB CYMA for therapy. Very happy with improved ROF

20211112_1220531

6 Likes

That’s a weird ass background. Hippy central lol

I imagine that you have matched the Ohm’s of the gauge with the range of the fuel sender unit :thinking::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep. 73-10ohm. Tested gauge with an old sender

Building things is so rewarding, especially when it’s well received by your kitten.

5 Likes

Ok, had a "stage day ", in darwin…

i.e, get in 2:00 am the night before, spend 24+hrs there, do the afternoon flight back…

1 day, holiday, in darwin…when the rest of the country freezes, go for a swim in the ocean rock pool…
31 degrees air temp…

darw1

Or, go for a scenic jetski tour, around the harbour…(stack it, and your croc feed…!)

darw1.5

Did i mention, its military operation pitch black.?.?
Hava look at some. military jets…

darw2

darw3

darw 4

Who let the bloody cessna in.?.?
Security…!!! :rofl: :rofl:

No gas masks…sorry, squiddy…!!

I spent a week in covid hotel iso, in darwin…
Its great, to be able to walk around, and experience, what i could only look at, out of the window…

5 Likes

Yess been following that EX, first time the Luftwaffe have flown to Australia from Germany to participate.

Their Typhoon paint job for the ex looks wicked :love_you_gesture:

8 Likes

Went for a climb around on the wreck of the Mahino…
Capture

2 Likes

Looks like a very old photo to me…

I think they don’t let people on it now….

PXL_20220825_224947051

I think I gave it just one to many duggers.

2 Likes

Tore down our DLP to replace the colour wheel and clean all the dust out of it.

After reassembling it all the lamp has died :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: so I gotta order one of them now. At least replacing the lamp doesn’t require another tear down :roll_eyes:

Who are you calling old? :joy:

Anyway not today but yesterday I watched Top Gun Maverick. I thought it was really good and enjoyed the the throwbacks. Well worth a watch :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

I was referring to , how much of the maheno, is left remaining now…!!

It ain’t that much…!! :rofl: :rofl:

Went in search of the v/e nirvana, more accuracy, using the ACR and AKs (black bag)

Started with standard 335mm barrel that left a lot to be desired, accuracy wise. Pushing 287fps

• Changed to 450mm barrel, which has a calculated v/e of 1.57. Slight drop in fps but big drop in distance
  • Chopped it back to 425mm to get the magic v/e of 1.6. Picked up a bit of fps and about 5m in distance
  • Chopped it back to 405 to get 1.7 v/e. FPS stayed the same but distance increased again

Observations

• chrono probably isn’t precise enough instrument to determine change in performance
  • gels probably introduce too much variability
  • 1.7 gave the best distance / accuracy result with this blaster and is an improvement over standard set-up
  • accuracy improved but still isn’t great at 30m (rizer hop up)
  • bog standard STD SLR still has better performance

Haven’t seen the improvement some claim to get from v/e tuning but I could be holding my head at the wrong angle or not saying the correct incantation before commencing

1 Like

Finally dragged the M14 EBR out of the box for upgrades :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Great test information that will come in very handy for any model blaster builds :ok_hand::+1:

Dana 60 strip down so we can hack, chop and do evil things to make it fit a Hot Rod we are building :sunglasses::+1:

6 Likes

haha It’s all good I was looking at some 8mm film from when I saw it last, deck looks fine I was walking on it :rofl: