What Did You Get Up To Today?

Grandson just got his first car yesterday.
As a joke
I Told him he needs to keep an eye on these fluids as they don’t get used much so they evaporate.

He asked me do Supercheap sell them because he was going to get a sheepskin steering wheel cover there tomorrow.

Don’t you just love this new generation :sweat_smile:

1 Like

ive lost count how many times I’ve gotten people with blinker fluid. It just keeps on giving.

1 Like

Don’t forget to rotate the Air in the tyres too!

1 Like

Caught up on what I was hoping wouldn’t happen like in '91/92.

Farmers in NSW and Vic are shooting their lambs as they can’t sell them atm. :disappointed:

Farmer sends them to market, farmer gets a bill for all the fees as the sale doesn’t even make the fee cost. Cheaper to destroy them.

So much for all the starving people in the world. Why is the price of lamb meat sky high in supermarkets when it is free at the moment :thinking:

1 Like

Do you have any “Farmers Markets” or local produce sales/butcher’s associations outside of the regular Stockyard Sales?

How many head are you needing to offload?

Was talking to my brother about this only yesterday, and it’s definitely a shitshow at the moment :frowning:

1 Like

Na mate, nonexistent in these parts. I’ve got a bit of time up my sleeve, one of the reasons I cycle 1-2 months later than most.

I sell 5 1/2 breeder ewes, but they are no buyers atm for them. Plus my wether lambs. I sure as shit won’t be shooting them. If I have to keep them to next season then so be it. I got the stock agent on the lookout atm

and so it goes…

1 Like

Lots of people have no idea what’s involved, in keeping the food chain running…
And the risks, farmers shoulder…

They just complain when prices go up…

2 Likes

Finished setting up the gear for this year’s camp, we’re setting off in a couple of weeks. 3 nights out at Martin Bend while my brother comes down from Vic to visit. I cannot begin to describe how stoked I am for this, it feels like it’s been yonks since I’ve managed to go on a camp. Had to miss out on last year’s.

Got both my brothers’ swags seasoned so that they don’t wake up in a puddle if it rains. This little back yard is not big enough for the job, had to do mine yesterday instead. Even preparing for a holiday, I can’t get out of literal homemaking :laughing:

I think I’ve got all the gear I need. For my partner and I specifically, not including food we’ve got…

Swag (I’m so happy with ours, it’s HUGE)
Tarp ground sheet
Gazebo w/ 2 walls
USB lighting strip
2 solar panel USB power banks
Chairs
Table
Camp stove
Fire pit
Kettle
Lantern
Picnic set
Esky
20 litres of water per person
Knife for wood batoning
Sunscreen/bug spray
Mallet
Sand pegs (just in case)
Spare rope
Card games and board games aplenty
Fishing rod

Besides a shitload of beer, I think I have everything? :thinking:

2 Likes

JetSki, tube, and fishing gear…!!!
:rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Man, if I know one thing about Riverland locals, it’s that I’d get lynched if they caught me on a jetski in their river :scream_cat: :laughing:

1 Like

And stereo…!! With decent speakers…!

God, I’d completely forgot music. Thank you!

Not too late for those eBay party lamps…
You can project them, onto the trees…!!

And…toilet paper and soap…

1 Like

Umm maybe add food to that list :rofl:

1 Like

What do you think the slab of beer was for? Liquid bread :laughing:

Full bloody services on mags today as my hands are too sore from 2 days of blaster builds​:roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

1 Like

More magazines, than a newsagents…!!
:rofl: :rofl:
Where’s the Sunday mail…
I wanna be a highly informed, qld resident…!! :rofl: :rofl:

I may have problems :thinking::crazy_face:

2 Likes

Have spent my whole life with my ex military parents camping/roughing it out in the most remote places throughout the whole of Australia.

I still “camp out” every year for 4-6 weeks over a couple of weeks before Xmas through to the end of February as the only break that I take from work throughout the whole year.

Everything boils down to the basic minimum equipment and a long experience as to the very basics that are required to actually comfortably survive any climate that is encountered to be able to handle in prepared comfort.

It’s awesome that in this modern age that we have BCF and a massive amount of suppliers peddling tonnes of cheap “camping” equipment directly out of China at some insane marked up prices.

We were 1970’s-1980’s/1990’s, where camping equipment was extremely basic, yet extremely hardcore well built and durable.

There was no Nylons, No LED’s, no LiPo/NiCad/LiFo etc rechargeable battery powered equipment in regards to fridges/radios/headlamps/torches etc.

Our equipment was heavy Canvas Tarps, Gas Filament Lamps, early 240/12v/Gas Engel fridges, Cast Iron Camp Ovens/Pots/Kettles, EVEREADY torches, folding Aluminium chairs, a few different guns, a UHF Radio and a compass!

I am known for making rambling comments, so I will cut myself short here and just basically say that the amount of gear available these days is insane compared to what we used to have when exploring the most remote regions in this country.

The sad thing is that all of the old equipment that we had way back then is still much better than anything available these days!

But Goodonya, because it looks like you have pretty much everything organised and you should be prepared for a great time out with your family :+1:

3 Likes

Oh right gotchya. Piss only diet works well for a day or 2 :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like