What Did You Get Up To Today?

Rennos from Mums place, circa late 2019.

As i said, she lived in a queenslander, and downstairs was very open, s lots of dust got in.
The downstairs bathroom was a abandoned project, and was never finished.
One downstairs bedroom was so full of junk termites got into one wall, and ate some of the timber frame away, which needed replacing…
Downstairs , was the worst part of the house, and needed rennos to get it presentable for sale…

1 Like

Bathroom , full strip and rebuild…
Paint exposed concrete areas…
Repair walls, new paint, carpet, and vinyl laminate flooring…

From the worst part of the house, to the best…

Bathroom was the most expensive, of course, but the rest was relatively innexpensive… just time, and sweat.

Amazing the difference , new paint and carpet can make…
The downstairs bathroom is not of legal height, but half of the houses in the area are like that…im 180 cm, and have about 5cm space above my head, in the shower…

I reckon Mum recouped all of her money, and them some, on the final sale price achieved…

1 Like

Nice work and great returns on the investment with a bit of work on your behalf :+1:

I caught myself a nice bout of food poisoning today. Looks like I’m not going to gel city tomorrow, and I have a crippling fear of fried chicken

I hope you didn’t buy any food from Red Rooster or the local Servo!

It’s been all about the OTHER passion today…

Removed the blown amp from the Peavey Studio Pro 116 and fitted an input jack at the back to convert it into a cab, then fitted a switched output jack to the back of the Roland Cube as a cab out. Ran it into the Peavey and BOOMSHANKA!

Does she chug?? Ah, hell yeah!! :sunglasses:

And before anyone asks, yes, that is a half Triumph Bonneville 650 twin engine on the wall. :+1:

5 Likes

Nice “Pool Room” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses:

I had my Peavy Bass Amp blow a speaker many years ago, early-mid 90’s and was able to find a local retired Audio Tech to take it for repairs.

Prior to mobile phone/internet use, was pretty difficult asking around all of the regions Music Stores to finally track down this bloke, but was well worth it!

He was able to give a wealth of information about speakers/drivers and he actually replaced the original Peavy speaker with a British made unit that he highly recommended.

Again, early internet/communication years, this took about two months to order and get shipped to WA, but WOW……. the difference was night and day!

The amp is still going strong and I handed it down to my daughter, along with 4 other Bass, Lead and Accoustic Guitars that she has added to her collection and still uses to this day. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

A love for music… one of the best things you can give your kids.

Get 'em hooked on guitars and amps and I guarantee they’ll always be too broke to pick up any undesirable substance habits. :joy:

Although history would probably disagree with me on that one. :thinking:

Bwahaha……… a really good piece from the introduction lyrics to a TOOL song:

Tool

Third Eye

[Intro: Bill Hicks]
“See, I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do. And if you don’t believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor - go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your CDs and burn 'em. 'Cause you know what? The musicians who’ve made all that great music that’s enhanced your lives throughout the years… real fucking high on drugs.”

Looking into getting one of these holders for my blaster.
Will keep you informed on my progress

7 Likes

It’s called a
Double picatinny clamp attachment.
$50 from Aliexpress.
If your Glock dose not have picatinny rails
You will need to buy a Glock picatinny rail attachment.
That’s another $35

2 Likes

New cooler came today. Went in surprisingly easy for something so big. My old one was struggling really badly at the end, I think the mounting screws were starting to go. They were some cruddy twist lock things, and didn’t seem to play friendly with the usual upright rig. Might’ve been okay if I lay it down.

Oh well, junk now :laughing:

Temps on BG3 are quite nice now, hovering between ambient and 45c. A little under half what it was before. Think I’m gonna get a 3070 next, or wait for the 5 series to release and snag a 4070ti.

Thats pretty crafty of you, i had a roland cube 40xl and a peavey 158 years back when i got back into guitar. The peavey didnt last long, but the roland for around for a bit was good little unit when going on holidays with a guitar.

I didnt use it loud, agree running into bigger cab with unit would be sweet. Did the same with a randall divalo 5w combo (8inch) into a 2x12 cab with v30’s so much better.

I resisted the amp head and seperate cab for ages… combos all the way.

Now every combo I own has been modded with a cab out :laughing: even a little Boss Katana Mini that drives a Peavey Rage 158 that’s been gutted and cabbed. Can’t say I’m a huge fan of the Blue Marvel driver in it though.

2 X 12 cab’s the next project… with 50W Eminence Cannabis Rex drivers. That should raise an eyebrow with the neighbours. :joy:

1 Like

I had a handful of combo amps and was always left wanting better, then got hold of a Peavey 6505 and 4x12, I’ve had it reconditioned by an awesome tube amp tech who identified it as a bit of a rarity where inside it is 5150, in a 6505 box, the date aligns with when the evh contract ended so it makes for a good conversation at least!
I will never sell it! Yes it’s too loud, if there is truly such a thing.
For practice I have a Mooer preamp live that has captured my 6505, and with a good cab impulse I can just play through monitors at a comfortable volume and still get the same sound. Tbh I almost never fire up the real amp anymore as the captured tone is close enough to enjoy at hearing safe volumes…, but when I do plug into the amp I get lost in it for hours.

1 Like

4 x 12 :flushed:
Neighbours 10 kilometres away would love this! :joy:

1 Like

once, in a while…

You get to capture, a little piece of magic

Glorious sunsets

Please, enjoy…

6 Likes

It looks, like Mordor…

Its actually, a place near redcliffe, in the afternoon, when conditions are right…
This is a older photo ( but real) , from my phone…

You need to go to Bali, to see better sunsets…
They have a resteraunt there, that is gob smacking…

1 Like

Yes my wife has heard in from a block away :rofl:
The 4x12 really is obnoxious. I was originally going to get a 2x12 but the guy I bought if off threw it in with the head. Zero regrets on buying it! And it’s worth way more now than the $300 I paid for it 15 years ago.

1 Like

Yeah i went through a few different amps until i got my hand on my mesa and then my engl and then i called it.

Here is a pic from last year so a few guitars missing from current.

I swap between the two but like you said its quite loud and my miss’s hardly leaves the house with the kids so it used maybe 5% of the time. I use an ampero through monitors most of the time, on my list is to get a helix lt.

1 Like