What Did You Get Up To Today?

The HPA vs AEG debate will rage on, I am unique as my AEGs are similar than most HPA users, which has given me a unique insight. I think there needs to be no different FPS limit, but an RPS limit on HPA of 25rps. Can not tell you how many times I have been lit up at close range from 25rps just under the fields fps limit from a HPA user.

My insight is I have used DSG and builds close to 50rps with 330fps, and a few other close to 40rps builds, again just on the fps limit. I don’t think it is going to be fun for other players to get 10 gels in quarter of a second at close range, so I ran these builds on semi most of the game, and if I used full auto, everybody goes to another area of the field, leaving you to play on your own. Which if you want to smash other players with massive amounts of gels is what you deserve, to fuck off.

Most of these builds no longer exist in my collection, as it just isn’t required, and I don’t want to hurt people, I want to have fun. So have toned them down to below 30rps.

Basic respect for other people. Have fun, don’t hurt people, and be fair.

Another observation, is that Speedballers don’t call hits. I am not knocking speedball as it is fun in another ruleset, what I am knocking is the mindset that competitive players bring to casual games. These players train and are almost conditioned to not call hits unless a ref calls it for them; which is a by product of playing competitively and professionally to win. I may be harsh and generalising, but it is my experience. Every time a speedball team has been at a field, these are the issues. I find them fun to play against if they are fair as they do offer a solid challenge, but can usually be out maneuvered by a bit of strategy and team work.

Never forget people, it is fun. That is what we are playing for.
You’re basically playing hide and seek with toys. Don’t be a twat, respect others and enjoy the game.

3 Likes

That view looks familiar (albeit from a higher floor). Crowne Plaza ?

was a pretty good event but not much access to the cats as dikheds just stood there for 10 mins patting them with the line building up behind. The Dog Festival was right next door … i imagine it would have been the same with the breeders puppie stalls too.

Still … kids loved it.

2 Likes

Yep…! Goldy overnight…

1 Like

1 Like

Awesome comments about the hobby and the games :+1:

1 Like

Getting the stuff ready for sale at the Arms Fair next Saturday

Amazing what stuff you find in the cupboard. The old battery powered noise makers

Single action Denix

More modern Denix and a couple of cap guns and dead blasters

Holsters

Cap gun collection

2 Likes

Is that the one in Beenleigh next weekend

Yes - the Beenleigh Arms Fair

3 Likes

Me and the grandson are going Saturday.
I will keep an eye out for your stall

Backpedaling, to the kitty cats… / cat convention
What a contented kitten…!

We have a communal cat, at my unit, in clayfield.

Chelsea.
She is, a bit of a shitbag…( but loved, by all)

A: she drops endless hair…everywhere…yet never goes bald…

B: She is so excited to see you…runs up, but then…NEEDS to be somewhere else…always… move closer, then she moves further away…

C: kills mice, drops them by your front door, and howls about it, until you “inspect and appreciate” , her kill…

Yet,

I still pat her, everytime…maybe i’m the fool…! !

K downstairs (with cancer) also loves her…chelsea spends half a day, with her…

She worries " what will you do, when i’m not here.?"

A tough question, that i dont wanna answer…

4 Likes

There’s a couple there I would be interested in the WW2 luger PO8
And the six shooter
Like the one Clint Eastwood used in the movie Josey wales
I think it’s a colt 1851 navy

I thought it was a Schofield. :person_shrugging:

Cool looking piece nonetheless. :+1:

I was hoping there’d be a Browing Hi Power in there… :thinking:

1 Like

This place great to find out what’s what The Outlaw Josey Wales - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games (imfdb.org)

Close fellas. Looks like I used Colt Walkers :laughing: There’s also 1851 navy and others in the movie.

Might have to watch that one again :+1:

1 Like

Worth the watch just for Chief Dan George.

Lone Watie : “I thought you might be someone who might sneak up behind me with a gun.”

Josey : “Where’d you ever get an idea like that? Besides, it ain’t supposed to be easy to sneak up on an Indian.”

Lone Watie : “I’m an Indian alright… but here in the nation they call us the civilized tribe… they call us civilized because we’re easy to sneak up on.”

2 Likes

Extracted a broken sump bolt out of my Z9… fun when you don’t have a hudraulic stand. New gasket, new bolts, all sealed up with Permatex Aviation gasket goo. Ain’t gonna leak now… :crossed_fingers:

New exhaust studs in the mail, then on with the exhaust once again and off for RWC & rego… faaark, it’s been a saga. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Sump bolt = the oil drainage bolt? F%^&k did i have a battle with that on my old Yamaha TT350. Softest alloy ive come across. Had to carefully cut a slot on the bolts rather wide rim and then tappy tap with a flat point screw driver to get it moving.

1 Like

Ughh - ive made myself mad just thinking about it … and it was 10 years ago!!

No… one of the 17 bolts holding the sump plate onto the bottom of the crankcase… so bolt broken off in the crankcase.

With bugger all room under the bike to drill and ezy-out. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Eck … worse than my issue then