What Did You Get Up To Today?

Shearing time again… going wooly good.

2 Likes

Day 3 of listening to Blackhawks belting over the house all day, low enough that I’m waiting for the old TV arial to disappear!

Another major bushfire which was once again started by fkn city slickers who thought that it’s fine to light a campfire in the bush during a total fireban in the middle of March :rage:

More rural houses and businesses have been burnt to the ground, thousands of hectares lost, widespread damage to rural properties and infrastructure, thousands of man hours of Volunteer Firefighters and helicopters/bombers/jets etc……….once again all because some dimwits wanted to cook their lunch in the bush :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Honestly, what has to be done for people to realise how dangerous and utterly stupid their actions are?

Backyard of mates house where I’m staying in town at 9:00 Saturday night.

There’s signs everywhere, it’s all over radio and television, the Rangers tell every single camper/tourist that goes to the reserve “DO NOT LIGHT FIRES!”…… and these fckwits still do this!

I’m sure they have sat back in their comfy lounges back in the City and are now watching all of their destruction on the News for the last 3 days and still going.

What can be done to get it through people’s thick heads that lighting fires in the bush during Summer is a very dangerous threat to so many people :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Jeezus christ are these people missing brain cells or what :astonished:

Homes razed after campers spark bushfire near Perth (msn.com)

Is that the same one Doc?

2 Likes

Yep, this is exactly where I’m sitting right now, as Waroona has been my “home town” since moving here from my actual hometown in 1987.

My parents farm as well as my own property were on Nanga Brook Road, and I spent many years living/working on farms in Coolup/Meelon……. so I also have many friends who live in those regions .

I have been in constant communication with everyone in the district since Saturday lunchtime and this is now the 18th major Bushfire to threaten our family/friends properties and township since I have been living here.

I haven’t seen any news reports about this incident, only getting information/updates from the people I know in this town who have lost their own homes or relatives properties and businesses.

I don’t know why the news is reporting that it was started by “charging an appliance”, unless there was a LiPo battery left on charge during the day without any supervision?

But yeah, it’s still happening and today was still 12 hours of every single available Aircraft flying in and out trying to suppress the fires.

Hopefully they will get a break in the next few days and hopefully contain the threat :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

These Blackhawk’s make a very distinctive sound, much different from the normal BELL and earlier model SIKORSKI Firebomber Helicopters that we usually hear.

Just when you think they have it under control………

2 Likes

Dang water pump went on one of the cars. There goes the next blaster for a while

1 Like

After an afternoon of gel balling in the backyard with the grandkids I now have three blasters to look at tomorrow. :laughing:

Thought it would be safer to let them destroy each other with lightsabres instead…

Look at Darth Barbie…all colour co-ordinated…!!

Got the matching shoes / shirt / sabre combo…!! :rofl: :rofl:

Do those things even hold together,after kids smack the crap out of them.??

I was thinking the exact same thing! :thinking:

My kids would have them smashed into a million pieces in the first 60 seconds :flushed:

Nah, they’re RGB, not neopixel and pretty tough… aluminium and polycarb, they don’t break. Various kids (and plenty of adults :laughing:) have been smacking the shit out of them for a couple of years now and nothing more than a scuff here and there. :+1:

Cheap entertainment… they have inbuilt motion activated sound FX too. :joy: it’s a crackup to watch.

3 Likes

Hello.

Long time, no chat. Still wishing I could play gel pew pews in NSW. Got back into 3D printing instead and started printing large scale statues to fill the gel blaster void.

4 Likes

Nice work mate :ok_hand:
At least you still have another hobby to keep you busy despite the loss of your pew pew fun!

1 Like

Spent a couple of hours playing around with barrel lengths trying to improve accuracy at 30m and distance for coming game at Nuketown

FPS varied from 230 to 300 depending on the barrel, although the variation might be variation in gels (Punishers) Barrel lengths from 300 to 420mm in CYMA with f100% cylinder and Overund hop-up. 7.5mm barrel as 7.3 tends to jam up unless gels are 7.1 and didn’t have any small ones.

Net result - doesn’t matter a squat. Same distance travelled and same spread in each barrel

Just about as frustrating as chasing long brake pedal travel on the 68 coupe

Looked at x-force tactical for some blasters possibly, got a 3d printing idea and now just playing some farming simulator waiting for crops to grow and a few fields to finish needing work.

1 Like

I am emboldened to try and print a statue at 1 metre tall now :smiley:

Throws gauntlet down…

There was a Cashies near me down south that had two statues in the doorway… both about 7 feet tall. One was a Predator, the other was a xenomorph from Alien. Made from bits of scrap steel, car parts, nuts and bolts, etc. by a metalwork artist, highly polished.

They got sick of people asking if they were for sale… everyday, I was told. They were absolutely brilliant.

in perth, there is a hairdresser, that has metal alien / predator statues as well.

I get my hair cut there, whenever i can…

They also sell you beer, while you have a haircut…(flying next day!)