What Did You Get Up To Today?

12700KF. So I am a few gens behind.

1 Like

You want to stay on that 12th gen right now Intel have big problems with 13th and 14th. Or go AMD.

I don’t have plans to upgrade the CPU any time soon.

I am thinking of getting a new motherboard that supports 12th gen and DDR5.

1 Like

Went to X-Force, came home with a Cyma metal M4A1. At $399, pretty good for a metal blaster with a metal cyma gearbox.
Also bought a Gaoneng 1500mah battery to try out.

Initial test of the blaster is pretty promising. Average 280fps with some old Predators that are likely too small for cymas looser toleranced inner barrels, but was the only gels I had ready to go.

Sounds pretty good for a stock blaster. like motor height and shimming is pretty good. Mag had some old dried out white gels in it that cause the mag to stop a few time but once cleared out it well fine.

In the coming week I will be going over it, probly end up getting a bit of upgrade and thrashing… and an M203… and a full size carry handle.

Pretty nice now, but I don’t buy cyma metal box blasters because they are good standard. I buy them because I know what can be done to them!

Yeah, that looks great… Fresh gels and you just know that puppy would be hitting over 300FPS. :+1:

I’m going to eventually swap over the two nylon box CYMA M4s I have to CYMA metal boxes. Pretty bulletproof units and hard hitters even if they’re left stock. :+1:

1 Like

First step done… I’d normally have a deans plug on it by now… I’m a bit slow I guess!

Might have to make a thread just for it, as this week I’ll be inside her. No need for warranty here! Still finalising the build plan.

1 Like

It’s been a while since we’ve seen a “Deep Dive & Mods” style thread… get stuck into it. :wink:

That M203 looks damn pretty on that, gotta say. Any plans on swapping out the handguard at all?

I happen to like the look of an M4 with a delta ring and quad rail… classic Colt look. :+1:

1 Like

Nope. If anything is to change, long m203 instead of the short one, maybe a carry handle sight or an 4x ACOG… possible a standard us army m4 stock… but that depends on how efficient the build is. All comes down to how long a battery lasts and do I want a titan nunchuck or just a nice lipo in the buffer tube.

Looks wise pretty happy as is. I love the navy crane stock, mostly as I can fit the titan nunchucks in them and pew all day without changing batteries, but I would like to run a more standard m4a1 look.

And yes… I will run a review/build thread on it. I have plenty of information I am happy to share on the cyma gearbox. :grin:

I was gonna give you a bit, but then I read the last bit. So follow through and you are reprieved.

Excuse me I 4wd through a national park to the border and dam it was fun and my 4wd did not break. Conflicting rules, one gate says no public access then the other come on in. One gate is padlocked the other three are open. I know the Rangers anyway so who gives a fk. The greeenies sure don’t as wildlife is dying. Seen it today, dead Australian animals. Oh well were are those idiots saving it.

I can not get a clear msg from local council wether I am allowed to go through with a registered 4wd or not. So I said fuck you and did it anyway.

It was fun, it is legal, good camping spots out there . Big patch of land that is feral should let weekenders roam about, perfect for it.

I added more RAM and storage space into my pc over the weekend. Now it’s find a new CPU cooler and a 4080 super.

1 Like

The universe must be taking the piss…

Clutch went on the Subie Forester yesterday… hopefully just a slave cylinder but the mechanic’s just told me maybe a collapsed pressure plate. So it’s looking like gearbox out and a $1600+ bill… at least. :roll_eyes:

My cattle dog’s in at the vet today with front leg ligament issues… $450 bill for x-rays and God knows how much more for surgery… that’ll be in the thousands, no doubt. :roll_eyes:

My wife’s dog has literally just been taken in to the same vet with back leg paralysis… being 16 years old, epileptic and having a cancerous tumour on her chest there’s a good chance she won’t be coming home. :pensive:

And it’s only 9:30am… I’m just sitting back waiting for the next bit if bad news to hit. Sorry for the whinge, but c’mon… really?? :expressionless:

I found an old deus ex jacket that I bought a while ago and I have no idea on what to do with it.

I added 3 more Rams to the flock as well to tickle the ladies up. Glad we are on the same page :rofl: :laughing: :rofl: :laughing: sry couldn’t help myself :laughing:

Ohh yep that’s a class A bad day… oh it’s fkn Monday too… :frowning_face:

1 Like

you sir are a weirdo, good sir, yes sir, 3 bags full of shit, sir!

Up yours too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :laughing: takes one to know one.

It’s amazing how much nicer an old Jin Ming SCAR V2 looks with a bit of detail painting and letter filling. :wink:

3 Likes

Very neat! How did you go about that?

Yeah, it came out better than I thought it would… cheers, man. :+1:

Luckily the molding on the letters was really crisp… I just filled the letters with white water based filler and cleaned the excess off by lightly wiping over it with a damp cloth.