What Did You Get Up To Today?

Looks mint @Friendly_Fire !
Slight detail makes the blaster look better.

Today, I got another sd card reader, the 3d printer is back on, though haven’t the time to carry on prototyping the cyma to slr mag adaptor. Last one yesterday before the card read ate it was pretty close. Once I nail the SLR mags, I will work on gen8 mags, and see if there is a common middle ground to work for both.

Also took delivery of a warhead motor, that I ordered from Tactical Edge yesterday lunch time, well done guys!

Would make sense if I was from Wales or NZ.

Hopefully may inspire a few newbies…

Plain Jane standard trim JM SCAR V2. $120 purchase online.

After cosmetic work…

All really simple stuff any new enthusiast can tackle to make their entry level SCAR V2 stand out.

White filled letter stamping.
Blacked out upper receiver slots.
Blacked out lower picatinny rail.
Blacked out fake right side selector switch.
Painted gunmetal gas block.
Modified CYMA Stanag magazine.
Modified pencil outer barrel.
P90 style flash hider.
Enlarged battery slot / cheek riser with lockdown pin installed.
MOE vertical foregrip.
SCAR flip up rear sight.

The only money spent was on the MOE grip and rear sight. This SCAR’s running a very tweaked Gen8 box, metal gears and rack, alloy o ring airseal components, M90 spring, red ChiHai motor, hitting around 290FPS.

Not too shabby for an old dinosaur. :wink: A quick coat of Tamiya matt clear does a lot to improve the classy look by knocking the ABS shine off some of the black components. :+1:

2 Likes

Looks awesome mate. And don’t worry about the dinosaur part, I have mates that still run their old scars because they just keep going. And with a bit of upgrading they are still very formidable!
Very nice work!

Nice detail work there. Now you need a tan magazine to complete the look :grin: The black offsets the lots of tan nicely though along with the blackouts you did.

Looks very neat :+1:

Ah thanks for the kind comments, @Maiphut @RokSolid . :+1: I do like the challenge of polishing a turd. :rofl:

I think I prefer the black mag to the tan… and I know I prefer a Stanag to a P-mag in these things.

Next three jobs on it are to redesign the front sight closure to make it more positive and stop it from jiggling about when the triggers pulled, redesigning the funtional selector switch with maybe some detent pins or possibly just a small o ring fitted in there to make it feel a little more positive, and installing removable matching plugs to hide the ugly screw holes in the receiver. :man_shrugging:

P.S. SCARs look great with an M203 fitted as well. :wink:

Black with tan, I am with you on that. I am quite fond of a two tone scheme.
Actually, with tan it usually ends up being 3-5 tones of tan and black as nobody can make things in the same colour of tan. A few of my two tone things usually end up with accessories I didn’t plan on but ones that closely match.

Yeah, colour variations are definitely subjective… I’ve had a few people express distaste for the colour scheme of my BF SCAR H, saying it’s nothing like it should be.

I tell them to go look online… I don’t mind the 50 shades of tan because that’s an FNH thing. For comparison here’s a screenshot of a genuine FN SCAR H on 9-Hole reviews.

I personally think Bing Feng got it pretty close with those colours. :+1:

Todays spending spiral…

I blame @Maiphut …!!

A quality, standalone 4k bluray player is around the $400 mark, so i figured cash in some reward points, get a jb voucher, and go the whole hog…

I’m not a huge game player, but " The Last Of Us" is a absolute masterpiece, and i haven’t even played the sequel yet…

The 4k discs aren’t region coded, so all good.
Going to be hooked up to my 4K Sony 77’ OLED TV…

The original 4k “Alien” is also on its way.
Haven’t seen Prey yet, but its gotten really good reviews.

Time for a popcorn run…!!!

1 Like

I only recently installed a 2tb ssd into my phat ps5 and just moved all the games to it. I also have the PSVR2 and there’s some great experiences.

I thought the sequel was better… great game. :+1:

“Prey” the movie? Brilliant, worthy of the framchise. :wink:

I’m looking forward to checking it out, tonight.!

A couple of things, from today…

1: I was surprised at how cheap, and good TV’s have gotten. Mum’s got a 85’ series 8 Hisense, from about 3 years ago, just over $4k when she purchased.

Now, they are selling the (technically superior) 85 inch series 6 for $2500, and series 7 for $2999…!!
Their quality is really good, and bang for buck, you cant beat it.
Now, about that camera spyware…

2: I hadn’t even thought about my visa rewards points, for ages, nor checked my balance for yonks.
To get $500 worth of vouchers, i had to redeem 107 000 points.

So, thats basically $1 real money, for 200 points earnt.

I checked my activity statement, and i’m only getting 1000 points per month, regardless of how much i spend. Looks like my points are capped…i’ll have to look into that, definitely spending more than that, per month…

I looked at the qantas visa credit card, $295 per year annual fee.
Assuming an average person has a $3k per month spend, earning points at .75 points per dollar spent…they are giving you nothing.

Two years, gives you 54 000 points ($250 dollar voucher),
And costs you $590 in fees…!!

What a joke…!!

1 Like

Haha enjoy watching that one scene in TLOU2 where the butch chick get railed from behind. :joy:

I dunno why Sony thought that was OK but censors the outfits in Stellar Blade… Hmm…

Also I bought a crimping tool to fix those broken connectors I have.

Oh yeah, I’d forgotten about that scene. :rofl:

Cool the way they continued the dual character theme in the gameplay. :+1:

TBH I didn’t really care much for “no tits butch chick” when i played the PS4 version back in the day. i don’t think i could play through it again.

Looks like the crimping tool I got is bad or I am just terrible at using it.

Spent the afternoon swapping out CPU coolers and case fans in my 2 PCs.

Took out the old AIO CPU cooler from my main PC and put in a newer/nicer AIO CPU cooler with an LCD screen for the extra fanciness.

Then I went to my secondary PC and took out the air cooler and put in my old AIO CPU cooler and after a bit of a panic with the pump not working i managed to fix it and now it work a treat.

My main should have enough length for a 4080 super. if not I’ll just do a case swap.

1 Like

unsure… pic unclear.

looking at some 4080 supers now :smiley:

I’ll have that grand and give you 4 supers :+1: