What Did You Get Up To Today?

Decided to switch back to a short suppressor on the MP7. Doesn’t sound as good but it is 100mm shorter. Performance is the same,

Tested a few of the blasters as they haven’t been out for a while. Observations -

• no matter which one it is or what the barrel length is, any blaster between 280 and 310 fps will drop gels at between 35M to 40M.
  • The gen8 converted A1 Steyrs are still the most accurate on full-auto.
  • Uband hop-ups provide a tighter grouping (using the clothes line at 35m scale) than short AKA hop ups.
  • 8 week old black AKAs have better performance than 4 week old elites

And the old upgraded Atomic Armoury 1911 still outperforms all the other GBB’s. The We-Tech 4.3 is still over-hyped junk

Another week, I’ll get over this stinking flu and might even head to Wounded Heroes where I can still run full auto gen 8’s

1 Like

Yeah, doesn’t matter how much you’re pushing, with gels the range is what it is… woeful. You can’t fight physics.

I dragged my old Gen 8 EVO3 out today… put a few fresh gels through it.

Looks like the o ring needs doing, it was sitting on 290-300 a few months back, it’s hanging around 250 now. But damn accurate at that FPS with a Rizer hopup. The red Chi Hai gets it chooching nicely too with a big arse 3S lipo in that Magpul handguard.

Love the way the worked Gen 8 hammers in this thing :+1: it’s got to be one of the loudest blasters I’ve ever heard, the only downside is the availability of stick mags. Looks like I’ll be knocking up another MP7 drum conversion. :thinking:

2 Likes

I know right I was spewing yesterday should be bang on at 300m but I just fell at it’s feet. Maybe I pulled the shot a bit but 5.56mm I have dialed bang on for 300m. Going to have to put it on paper again may have bumped the sc…

ah shit wrong forum :rofl:

Installed an RTX 4080 super into my pc.

1 Like

Which bank did you rob :laughing:

Bank of me. To be precise.

Came across a bare metal tan cyma receiver for cheap and thought it would be an easier swap over for the nylon bits thingy I had a slong gearbox in. It was a Kublai lower with a wells upper nylon, all made out of stuff.
Pulled the bits off the nylon receiver, forward assist, trigger guard, selector, bolt release, every piece but the dust cover as that was all it had. Got em all to fit with drilling filing and gluing. Even made a hlf arp9 charging handle fit and work.

Then the gearbox swap.
It didn’t go smoothly! The slong box sat pissed, nozzle ending up about 2mm higher than it should be in the tpiece… then tried a JG gearbox, same thing.

So I tore down one of my MK47 mutants that had a metal cyma box and transplanted that. It’s together… got a good bit of finishing and tuning to suit th short barrel, but externally it is now a success!

Yes it is 50 shades of tan intentionally, because I find that amusing.

I did order a mk47 bad cat receiver to build a short one, as I already “had” a mid length and a spr/dmr style one… the main motivation was I wanted one more mag and they are rocking horse do-do now, so I guess this week I can build a pair of mk47s! …and finish a cyma metal shorty build.

2 Likes

Now that’s what I call a Frankenblaster… :joy:

Love it! Should be more of it! :wink:

mm I only knew of Mastr Blastr got those cat MK47 receivers and a heap of mags, but sold out now with a receiver or 2 left. That is one long MK47 the handguard goes for a week! :laughing: How long is that?

Nice shorty made from all sorts :+1:

@Friendly_Fire I love a frankenblaster, I think 8? of my 15? M4s are scratch builds from stuff. (there may be more… too many M4s!) Either dirt cheap parts, boneyard, and some I did build out of new parts I wanted, not just what I could get!
All the fun of building is seeing what I can make fit and work I guess.

@Maiphut yes I had been getting the MK47 receivers from Mastr Blastr. There are only 2 left according to the website, it is tempting to buy them both!
I bought another last week, purely as I couldn’t find mags anywhere and wanted another one, now I have 5 mags and 3 mk47s, makes for a good skirmish day of mutanting. One of my mates hates them, which in my mind makes them even better to use :slight_smile:

That handguard is 17 inches, it is massive. It did have a 10inch handguard that was always a placeholder until I could find a longer one, I think I found one long enough!

At that price I would! :+1:

1 Like

Yep, you’d definitely win the “who’s got the longest fishbone” competition in the staging area at the field, for sure. :laughing:

“17 inches”… that’s what she said. :joy:

While it does have a 17inch guard and looks obnoxiously long, inner barrel is only 400mm, and it is pretty much the same length as my AKM’s.
I was awake early with pain, so set about forgetting it existed by rebuilding the mid length MK47, JG gearbox had the cylinder changed to suit and is fitted, need to wait for family to be awake so I can use the grinder and drill to fit the sling plate and buffer tube.
JG boxes run a 6mm bolt, so have to drill out the buffer tube washer, and the sling plate needs a little grinding to not foul the wiring. Also have to trim the barrel. Getting there!

Then hopefully last receiver comes Monday and I can get at making the shorty, going for a Banshee look, but I having second thoughts on the slong box going in, as the mag terminal area is a good bit wider than the lower receiver allows, debating if it is worth the carving up as the lower doesn’t really have a whole lot of meat around the magazine. Might just build another JG box since they are an easy fit for the MK47.

3 Likes

i rushed to a pc shop to buy a new pc case and spent all afternoon transferring the parts and cable management. I did have a scare with my PSU but the problem was solved and now i am golden.

1 Like

Not today, but what I have been up to😅
Quick fully loaded trip out to the family farm at Gayndah, had lathe/tools and everything I could fit in the old beast. She was slow going especially in the ranges😂
Also had a quick look around for a nice view to set up at🤔

The view from where we will set up on the property

Volcanic and ironstone rich area with lots of quartz float around so actually looks very promising for fossicking and prospecting in the multitude of gullies :sunglasses:

Some nice old vehicles sitting around out here also, just begging to be turned into mad max farm vehicles :thinking::crazy_face:

Random pics.

Finally a little pic I took and added a quote to, thought it was fitting :rofl:

4 Likes

Awesome.!
Now he’s back, give docbob a reason to come over and soup them up…!!

Fit a tray on the back, and dual mount M-60 and ZB-26 up top.!!!
Looks like a peaceful spot….give it time…!! :rofl::rofl:

Been helping a mate rebuild an old 1960’s Baja Bug that will be getting towed out to the beaches/dunes with his restored ex-ADF Landrover :sunglasses:

He was tossing up about painting the same Army Green as the Landy, so I told him we need to cut a hole in the roof and add a mount for a Gelbaster Machine Gun to add to the authenticity :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He’s keen, but doesn’t think the general public would be very impressed :disappointed:

Great to hear from you again @Bigmuthadrums and absolutely loved the pics alongside with your property and Camper set-up :ok_hand:

I’m still in the middle of restoring my old '88 GQ TD42 Wagon… but will be definitely looking for some travel destinations with my camp stove and swag when I’m finished! :wink::wink::smile:

He just got back from the Finke Desert Races in this pic, so was giving him the shits about it finally looking like a real 4WD and not a display parade vehicle :smile:

3 Likes

An orange tip, covers a multitude of sins…!!

but then he’d get done for both firearms offence and indecent exposure

oooohhhh… fancy!

4 Likes