What Did You Get Up To Today?

Well I’ve been banging my head against a brick wall for 5 weeks. Trust me you get through eventually :laughing: keep on trying. Then you have free bricks :rofl:

Basic services are all jammed up since middle of the year.

What flys :thinking: I’m already downstairs and it is fine :rofl: :+1: :laughing:

New tie rod built for mower. Had to custom build one as the largest local mower place has gone out of business

1 Like

Aussie ingenuity right there. Sometimes just gotta do it yourself so I’ve found. :+1: Well done

Sheltering from 80klm/hr winds.

You copping the leftover winds from what we had here two days ago! :astonished:

Sure am my friend. So far everything is still upright. Kicked up the dust in the paddock. So I decided to call it quits and crack a beer.

Today I’m at my partner’s mums place with the kids and their cousins, spent yesterday after and this morning setting up and loading up their gel blasters so they could run around shooting each other while I sat on the porch firing random shits in the at nothing in particular around them (not at them) to give them more an active warzone type feel :joy::rofl:

I’ll be doing the same in a few hours time, as I can’t do any work 'cause I’m kicking up a foot of water in the paddocks :roll_eyes:

We got a shitonne more rain with that wind… sorry we took it all and only gave you the leftover breeze :confused:

It’s all good I might get a bit of rain, I’ll see. Not your fault.

Definitely been a different weather pattern this year for sure. Talking to some of my interstate friends, one is flooded, the other is in drought. A happy medium would be nice.

I wrote to Mother Nature asking for a happy medium, but I think she won’t answer anymore after I asked her out on a date.

Haven’t had anything more than 10mm in one shower since January 15. Just enough to grow some things. Up to about 2 inches so far this year. My cousin in the south east water tanks are empty and has been buying water in just to do basics. Usually have ponds for paddocks there.

So hard to relate to when we’re used to 80mm plus rain in one event up here in Bananaland. :flushed:

1 Like

Deck done, now its time to do the timber outdoor chairs, and table.

Trying to get away with one sanding run of Medium 120 grit…dont need to strip it back to bare timber, just remove surface coat, and rough it up to accept the Deck oil…

Also, i got 3 of those " fake fire" lights.
I’m going to mount them on top of the hand rail.

I dont wanna drill them into the hand rail, so i made up a wide base, drilled a central hole to fit the lights in, and cut grooves in. After coating with 2 coats, i’ll secure them by lashing them to the handrail, with fishing line, in the grooves…

Invisible retention, with no drilling holes…

Timber is a bit lighter than the deck timber…

Got 1mm of rain and lightly stripped pine trees. That certainly was a wild one constant 50-60klm/hr gusting to 80-90klm/hr with humidity ahead of the front.

No damage afaik maybe few missing roof nails and all calm now.

And…up in QLD…we are going for days of up to 36 deg, in the last week of winter.

But, climate change ain’t real, you know…

That high, only says 32c on my source. Still 7c more than my forecast for the week.

Been a very different weather pattern for near 12months now. 20mm rain christmas day. Just another cycle hopefully we don’t get the floods from over 100 years ago or the dry spells that are way worse any of Australia has had currently in last 12months. It will come good when the ocean temps get back to normality.

1 Like

yeah it was definitely warm today, glad I don’t work dayshit I mean shift… too used to working nights

Well if somebody would stop with those chemtrails in the air we might be better.

:joy: :laughing: :rofl:

Chemtrails are 23% less effective, since we switched to a new Chinese supplier…

The packages are re branded gelaid, I believe…
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We’ve had a seriously wet winter after a seriously hot summer… but I was warning people about this for the last two years.

One of the Farms I used to work on were an original WA first settler family that owns swathes of land through the whole southwest.

It was one of my jobs to take weather readings from one of those old white wooden slatted Government weather stations situated on the property twice a day and record the results in the Ledgers.

These Ledgers dated back to the early -mid 1800’s and were very interested to read back through them all.

The hot summers followed by wet winters were a set pattern that cycled on average every 7 years constantly over a hundred years.

I still see this same pattern happening every single year of my life and nothing has really changed in that time

The worst upset was around the turn of the century which experienced higher than average summer temps and prolonged periods without rain…but that was the only glitch I had seen in the records since, and this was the era BEFORE fossil fuels, industry, cars, aircraft etc etc…so what was to blame for that spike in our environment?

I’m not a “conspiracy theorist” I just follow what I learnt from that information and have followed it for the rest of my life watching it complete the same cycle over and over again :thinking:

It wasn’t until Al Gore and the Government’s started pushing the “Global Warming” theory that the rest of the world jumped onboard once they found out how much money was to be made from it… and here we are :roll_eyes:

Get rid of CFC’s, sure, as it was Scientifically Proven Globally to be causing actual real damage… but the “Global Warming” has yet to be thoroughly agreed upon by world scientists, only those who have a finger in the pie to profit from it :confused:

The Government purposely has built new modern weather stations in completely new locations and stated that they no longer accept the hundred plus years of recorded data in this country… only recent data from the new weather station locations to compile their climate “data” over a period that is recently new…
not against data from the actual long term history of this country.

Long reply as usual, but just wanted to give my own experience with this topic from actual experience with this subject that I was a part of recordings and looking back into the history of how the weather patterns change yearly, but still follow a pattern known for a bloody long time.

Farmers don’t have a crystal ball… but they certainly know a thing or two about weather patterns!

Funny how a seven year weather cycle used to be the norm and what we learned about in primary school. Hey but that was back in the ancient times when only the aliens on black and white TV had tin-foil hats