What Did You Get Up To Today?

Oh for sure and couldn’t agree more. Because of my life these days I’ve had to read the weather because as you know it has a lot to do with how you go about things on a farm.

CFC’s yea last I read that ozone hole has fixed itself up that people were panicking about some years ago and now you hear nothing about it. Now it’s melting icebergs in antartica. Well yea of course ice melts, what else does it do. Unless it’s permafrost in parts of the world.

The weather is always going to change as the earth changes over time. Not overnight. The sun has been kicking out some solar flares this year which does have an effect on earths weather but it is temporary.

There are a lot of things we humans do not understand. Asbestos was fine back in the 50’s. Plastics becoming a problem. Look at all of the items that everyone has wrapped in plastic.
Petroleum fuel heating the world up. Ok go back to your horse and or use your legs.

Look how much mining is going on in Australia to dig up these renewables plus expendables. Australian Mines Atlas (ga.gov.au)

Sure get a gang of horses to pull a 100ton dump truck around. You got to feed them, water and to be honest they couldn’t do it. No matter how many you hooked on the bull bar they’d trip over themselves.

The weather has had way worse episodes in the past in Australia. Some complain about the weather on the day, that’s ok as we try to do things it can get annoying as you can’t do what you want to do.

But to blame it on climate change and have a liar like Greta to manipulate peoples opinion. C’mon.

Sure we can do better and clean a few methods up like garbage land fill and the waterways recycling etc.

It’s work in progress and won’t happen overnight.

Sorry for the long post just my opinion. :+1:

100% agree that there’s massive amount of stuff that needs to be done for the environment, and manmade destruction has to be curbed in many places… but the whole global “Zero Carbon” bullshit is absolutely nothing more than a massive money grab for all of those involved :rage:

Not a SINGLE ONE of these “agencies” has an actual proper science approach to the real climate dangers in the world… it’s all nothing more than SELLING products under the false ideal that they will “change the climate” :roll_eyes:

Solar Panels, Wind Generators, EV’s and billions of tonnes of rare earths being dug up out of the ground and shipped/processed/manufactured and constructed all over the world by diesel/fossil fuel powered machinery so they can go clear billions of acres of forests/fields and oceans to erect them… despite the environmental impact of everything around them…then to be constantly maintained with billions of more gallons worth of fossil oils and chemicals to keep them serviced and running every single day… only to have a couple of years worth of lifespan before being buried in landfills to leach out all of those non-biodegradable chemicals into the soil and water for centuries to come?

How’s about spending that same amount of effort planting more trees, stopping the deforestation of the world’s most vital rainforests, cleaning up the worlds Oceans, investing more money and technology into replacing petrochemical foam and plastics?

A study proved many years ago that Australia could cease to exist tomorrow, and the effect on the war against CO2 would be basically ZERO… whereas India and China expand their Carbon output ten times Australia’s every single month and growing exponentially… but they don’t buy into the Climate Change money grab and are never mentioned when any western governments sign onto global deals to restrict the average citizen from forking out thousands for “Green Energy” and intrusive legislation in their own countries :rage:

I’m all for self produced Solar energy and storage, but mains power solar that the government pushed for every household in Australia was nothing more than an insetivised program to get the average citizen going into debt to provide power into the grid so the government was able to avoid announcing the need to pay for more coal fired power plants to keep the energy infrastructure operating.

Two retired Power Station Operators that are good mates of mine have explained a LOT of home truths about the current Home Solar situation and the unseen problems that the government didn’t think about and are now having great difficulty with :roll_eyes:

One of these mates was brought out from New Zealand way back when to construct the powerhouse side of the Snowy River Scheme, then moved onto other government power schemes throughout Australia in the later years before lobbing here in WA to set up and operate massively mining industry Power Stations.

Since his retirement he’s still been called back into the industry a few times because of his knowledge and reputation, has decked out his own home with full solar system and is quite angered by what the government promised in selling this scheme to everyday Aussies.

The system is so bad that a couple of large local mining power stations here actually run BACKWARDS in request to act as big “sponges” to try and alleviate the oversupply of domestic solar inputs into the main grid at peak production times to try and stabilise the systems!

It’s very interesting talking to this old fella and getting to hear the real details of how the government fkd up with their national solar incentives! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had this argument with a few clowns online not long ago at the very end of summer.

They were obviously watching too much television and arguing that this was the longest and hottest summer “on record”.

I casually said that it wasn’t, and to get prepared for the wettest and longest winter for the last 6-7 years!

They called “climate change” and proceeded to tell me that we wouldn’t even get a winter this year :roll_eyes:

I would love to get back in touch with these same people right now, as winter hit hard only days after their comments and we are nearly into September without barely a single day since without torrential rain and still no sign of letting up just yet :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

gee I wish I had found this forum sooner, a lot of interesting informative information, not just gel blaster related.

definitely a good read

Yeah… that’s why we always say to new members “welcome to the madhouse” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A good selection of decent people from all over Australia with different outlooks and opinions, but at least we are all mature enough to discuss without predudice and can talk like adults to agree or disagree with different opinions without getting offended and needing a “safe space” to deal with life! :ok_hand::sunglasses::heard_and_mc_donald_islands:

Read through. Agree with everything.

I believe some of WA power problem is they are not interconnected to the grid so cannot offload at peak times, where I am it is interconnected to the east coast.

That being said I made a mistake 10 years ago and put solar panels on at a cost of $10k thinking yea should help. Now the bill is 6 times what it was.

Neighbour mate recently invested in batteries for his house/farm. Biggest waste of money ever in the 5 figures they last 40mins when the sun went down then you are paying for it again. His usage was the same as mine. And it’s not high as my parents use way more. All I’m doing is being a supplier of electricity for the companies.

Feel like buying a Diesel Generator and the tractor might accidently run away on me one day and flatten the stoby pole disconnect me off the grid. :rofl:

Re the weather. Just have a think how it was in say 1800 where there was no air con or climate control. It was hot then too, you just found some shade, hydrate, maybe a river or something. Didn’t run in to the aircon back then. If it rains let it rain, if it’s hot go stand under a tree.

Diff subject just seen Israel and Hezbollah had a good crack at each other. Bloody hell, here we go.

1 Like

Totally agree with your statements about modern luxuries.

Most of the people arguing with me live in the city, waking up in their air-conditioned house to jump in their air-conditioned car to spend the whole day in their air-conditioned office to get back in their air-conditioned car to stop at the air-conditioned shops on the way back to their air-conditioned home again… just to walk outside on a Saturday morning and say…
“Bejeezus it’s fkn hot out here” :roll_eyes:

You and I both know as outdoors workers that our whole lives have been lived without air-conditioned cooling or heating, and just adapt to whatever conditions we have to deal with on a day to day basis.

When you spend your whole life outside and inside old farm houses and vehicles etc without air-conditioning or decent heating, you quickly get to not only adapt to the conditions, but also get a sixth sense of how the weather is going to behave on almost an hourly basis.

The people who I’m currently staying with on their property keep spinning out when I say things like… Gonna rain in half an hour, gonna be a cold one tonight, gonna be a good day tomorrow, gonna have some strong winds tonight etc etc…and that’s exactly what the weather does!

Gotta live it to learn it and understand the little things that give subtle signs of how the weather is changing on a constant basis :sunglasses:

Yeah SA is linked in with NSW and VIC, which is much easier to control peaks and troughs in the grid.

Quite hilarious though when it was either NSW or VIC were arguing with SA last summer over needing SA to put more power into their Grid to prevent blackouts at peak demand times… and the SA told them to go get fkd :astonished::joy:

Haha I do remember that. Bit hard when NSW says oh we will supply you and shut down your coal plant for emissions etc, then the multi million dollar interconnector SA finished our part Dec 2023 of it while NSW still scratching their bum. :laughing:

Typical modern government clusterfuck!
That’s about the only field the government is excelling in…Clusterfucking everything :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

For sure going through that currently and it’s giving me the shits. At least I can escape there crap, pop on here and have a laugh with like minded people.

I’ll clusterfuck something soon if they don’t do what I pay them for. :laughing:

We’ve gone from paying for electricty from the grid, to paying to have solar installed, to getting paid for our feedback to the grid, to getting paid sweet fuck all due to feed in tariff rates plumetting, to next year actually paying the energy companies to take the excess energy we produce from our solar when the “sun tax” gets implemented in 2025.

The energy industry is worse than the oil industry when it comes to controlling the market. Their philosophy is "If new technology reduces our profits, lobby the government so we can make up that profit by charging for services we don’t have to provide, because you do… "

Making progress through my steam back catalogue. Working through Atomic Heart.

???

I thought QLD Wasn’t implementing the ‘sun tax’…??

Is it your provider.?.?

Sun tax? Is this China?

What’s next, they tax the air?

And another stabbing in Sydney with a boxcutter all over a radio station disagreement. :roll_eyes: better ban radio stations

Karens be like “we must ban the box cutter”!

Low-key sent a job application on my phone while at work haha.

Unclear about the sun tax in Queensland from what I see online…

i know on my plan, its a flat 8c/kwh unlimited feed in.

My battery sees me draw basically nothing from the grid.
I haven’t heard too much about a solar tax, but from the article, noone in QLD will be implementing it.

Of course, nothing stops them from bringing in further changes in the future…