What Did You Get Up To Today?

The more I think of it the more uneasy I get haha. It’s a big step for sure. I’ll need to use my leave and spend a few days there first and maybe check out a field or two.

1 Like

1 word…

…texas…

that is all…!!

(Or…this airsofts alright, but theres nothing like the real thing…!!)

1 Like

I said the same thing with my 5 acres up in the hills… they’ll be burying me up here next to my dogs.

But then woman changed all that once again…the last one of 6 properties I’ve lost through 2 relationships :roll_eyes:

But hey, if you’re on ya own, then you’ve got a pretty good chance of staying put for as long as you want! :grin:

what I got up to today? picked up the keys for the new place, minus the key for the big shed so had to drive back through tolls to get the shed key so the power mob didn’t get there before I could get the shed key back there as they needed to check all power device’s and points, left them for the electrical mob to do their checks and connect the power only to be told last minute they’d turned the power off on the 19/08/24 and defected the property for an electrical issue so spent the last hour before the real estate closed trying to organise getting the shit sorted so I had power for when everything gets moved in tomorrow I have power so my fish tanks have operational filters, fridge etc…

shit should’ve been sorted before I moved in there, then I get told because it wasnt sorted there’s going to be a connection fee so I put it to the power company that that can oncharge any fees to the real estate as i was originally told i wouldn’t be getting a connection fee. it’s just gone from one shit real estate to the next because these pricks are just as incompetent as the last.

1 Like

Welcome to the world of fuck you. Seek an Ombudsman might correct the idiots.

Ridiculous …

1 Like

oh it gets worse. ombudsman don’t deal with real estate drama, need to contact the office of fair trade and some other mob, will have to look it up because I was looking into it due to the current real estate.

removalists booked for today but may not be able to get power on today due to the electrical faults the electrician just found

but as for the world of fuck you, I seem to be the a regular

1 Like

You are not alone… different circumstance but my asshole is saw from getting reamed.

I know a good legalese friend of mine your way helped me out recently as a friend favour. She knows her shit. She’s very busy though. No harm in asking maybe.

The OFT just bounce you off to other depts. Not their dealio, You have a real estate, rental property or body corporate complaint… - Queensland Ombudsman

If I understand correctly your situation you want the last two on the right which further bounce you on :roll_eyes: Might aswell play fucking Pong at least that’s fun :laughing:

1 Like

Not today last night had an appointment with the doctor next door for my treatment. Administered copious amounts of alcohol, a 20ft bonfire, steak and barra for dinner.

I’m all better now :laughing: :+1: :+1: :+1:

On the other side of the fence, you get landlords like me…

Last incident…i got a email saying from my tennant on friday afternoon 4pm.
Saying that my gold coast property has a water leak, under the sink.
I rang her up , told her to disconnect the water under the sink ( there is a tap there). Guess what, she didnt.

I figured it would be the water filter, it was about 18 months since i last changed the filter, even though its their responsibility.

Sure enough, slow leak, i grunted and groaned in the tight place to get the filter off. I was sure i left the supplied tool down their last time…fits over the filter, and the handle allows for easy removal.

After grunting, groaning and finally getting it off, she produces the tool and says " is that what you were after.?" :triumph: :rage:

Anyway, new filter, new o-ring, all done within 16 hrs of being notified…and 200 km round trip for me…

It would have cost a fortune, to get a plumber out on the weekend, for a simple job.

Its a mother and her 2 daughters there, they look after the place, and pay the rent on time, but are pretty hopeless at doing any form of maintainence whatsoever…

Truth be told, i was more worried about water damage, swelling and disintegrating the kitchen cabinet particle board…

Now, are bunnings sausages tax deductable…??! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

deciding if i want to pick up that 4k monitor i’ve been eyeing over this weekend.

1 Like

Well which one is it exactly, lemme see :+1: linky linky

thank to for that information, I’ll definitely look into it

got the majority of my stuff moved over to the new place, unfortunately can’t get power sorted until Monday at the earliest. and my shooting gallery shed project will be put off for quite some time as the majority of my stuff for loaded into the shed I was planning on making the shooting gallery :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

@BME it’s good to hear there are good owners/landlords out there that do help out where they can, definitely a two birds with one stone situation as you saved money, prevented unnecessary extra damage to the property and sorted the issue out for the tenant, kudo’s to you mate🤙🏻

so yeah stuck without power sucks, still a lot of stuffing around to do at both places but headed the right direction at least, downside is me being a nightshift worker just moved into some kind of race car driver with literally 7 cars parked out the front and seen the race car on a trailer being taken out today after he was pinging the f#@k out of it in his shed half the afternoon yesterday so that’s going to be lovely :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: always do sufficient checks of the area you’re planning on moving to prior to moving :roll_eyes:

What did I get up today…??

Homestead needed an ornament, so it was Gecko Time…!!

They come about a hundred colours in the wild, so I painted it something that was subtle but not too drab… :sunglasses:

Very creative!
Overseas tourists driving past will be stopping to take photos thinking it’s a real one :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

What did I get up to today…

well besides moving most of my stuff to my new place with no power connected yet, my partner who was helping me move got a phone call from her mum that her french bulldog died from the heat today.

my partner doesn’t live me, lives a 45 min drive away so just had to head out there/here cuz that’s where I’m currently at, and dig a grave for the poor little bugger, he was only 4 years old

not having any luck with anything lately

1 Like

the gecko looks awesome mate, great job :+1:t2:

https://www.scorptec.com.au/product/monitors/27-33-inch/106732-mag-323upf

OLED is too pricey but this hits the spot.

Basic services you need patience, it’s frustrating I know but the workers only work Monday to friday. Not fair I know when I do 7 days a week to pay their wage, still they don’t know that but if you show some courtesy instead of abusing them they will do a good job. Most of the time, or bank the Hughes MD500 too hard and crash and die, mm that was fun.

Why I bought a petrol generator years ago. Could not rely on my gov to provide for business.

Re your noisy neighbor just go ask if he’s actually tuning the fucking thing or on crack :rofl: If the latter, step aside Karen I got work to do :laughing:

Thats a good one, MSI top brand specs look good, nothing I can see wrong except I’ve never bought from the scorpians. Good luck and god speed :v:

Just wait until it starts crapping down the wall. Bane of my existence - gecko poop everywhere