What Did You Get Up To Today?

yeah I get it, I haven’t abused anyone from
Energex or my energy provider because I know that would only delay the connection process, but being essential services they should at least provide connection services on Saturdays, it is after all 2024 and most business’s that never used to be open on weekends are open these days, if only til 1pm which most are

mate half the c@#nts in my area look like they’re on crack and problem is fancy race cars are prone to blowing up, unintentionally of course so there’s no confusion, especially when their constantly red lined in the attempt to achieve peak performance.

for the record I enjoy race cars as much as the next guy, but in a residential street, it’s not the most appropriate setting to be keeping it and working on it, revving the guts out of it all the time

then there’s the fact I’m a high risk night worker and require sufficient sleep to maintain adequate fatigue management. at the end on the day, I’m still entitled to peaceful enjoyment of the property and excess noise will result in old mate being breached by the real estate, and a black eye or two if old mate has a problem with it, at the very least :grin:

Oh well that is fucked to put it simply.

Basic supply they have to do 24/7 a mate of mine is a linesman and gets paid the big bucks to do that. Your state’s power networks co. I know what my states is but I’d have to look yours up as they are different.

As for the car thing, I’m a rev head too but I thrash my shit in my own 3800 acres of land, not next door to some other person. Smoke crack, give a fuck, drop burnouts because it’s cool. Fk that shit

Shift work like I did, nobody gives a shit. Hence why I went complete change and away from the careless whingers in the CBD. Best move ever

I’d love to have a place away from the world but unfortunately the money’s just not there to do it :disappointed:

but yeah man I get it, I’d go hard too if I had a beastie race car or beefed up car, but on the same token I know I’d have endless complaints if I did what old mates doing and I’d be getting breached, so might be time for me to play the game if old mates not going to be reasonable about it

the neighbours at my current property are pretty reasonable with the noise, they know I work nights and don’t make a lot of noise or mow (unless they’ve hired someone to do it)

even tho they hate my guts they know I’ll lose my shit and have a crack at them otherwise

1 Like

I was going to suggest try talking to them but sounds like you’ve already done that and beyond that point where they are entitled fuckwits.

Me I’d wait until 2 3 am on way home from shift and light the commo up. What is good for the goose is good for the gander, that used to sort things out. Might not work in your situation if there is class A drugs involved as they are next level shit.

is bloody sold out everywhere within a drivable distance so i might just order it and hope the shop gets it in stock…though not in a rush to use it.

2 Likes

yeah they’re Gunna love me at 3-5am reversing up my driveway with the reverse squarker so if they play nice Ill drive forward in otherwise it’s AAAARRRKK AAAARRRKK ARRRRKKK CLAANGGG of my signage AAARRKKK AAAARRRKKKK CLAAANGG when I stop as the signage settles…

or fuckwit can move his car that he’s parking on my footpath and I pull up gently on the road beside where he parks with minimal noise

the choice is theirs :+1:t2::rofl::joy:

Sergeant Cynical strikes again :military_helmet:

More than one way to skin a cat. Council are responsible for curbside infringements of vehicles, wether back front or upside down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: just saying :+1:

yeah man, just annoying cuz dude seen me moving in and still decided to park right up under the tree on my footpath,

he came out with his partner n gave me the death stares and I just gave him the “what c@#t?” look cuz I’d reversed up in front of him leaving 30cm from the back of my ute and about the same to the tree he was parked in front of and my brothers truck and trailer were parked on the road where he should’ve been (and me) but I couldn’t park anywhere else cuz the oldies ute was before my driveway and I needed the driveway clear to move all my shit in.

him and his missus jumped in her car n f@#ked off… her cars better than his sunfaded POS anyway so dunno what he was crying about, she’s got a nice new car. and his cars that sunfaded there’s no point parking the bucket under the tree anyway

but yeah forwarding my complaint to the council, maybe he’ll piss it off somewhere else once they hit him with the fine a few times. in the meantime I’ve got a rude shock for him if he wants to start some shit over it n he will not like it guaranteed :+1:t2:

it’s not the reverse squarker either :joy:

:rofl: well there is option B stale Potatoe fair square chokka block the tail pipe gets every dumb ass every time. Cough what I never said that… :rofl: :v: :laughing:

wink-eddie-murphy

Trust me, Bananna isn’t the right size… :laughing: :v:

I dunno, you didn’t see the bloke, definitely looked like his misso sticks a banana in his tail pipe :banana: :hole: if you catch my drift :nauseated_face::face_vomiting::joy:

Saved myself around $600 today.

My 2019 Golf GTi, has been having start button issues.

Intermittently, and getting worse, you need to push the start button, about 8-10 times, to get the car to start, or stop. Some type of problem in the contacts.

I rang to see if it was still under warranty, its out by about 3 months.

They wanted…
$200 to run diagnostics (they said not optional)
$216 for the part ( they sell them on ebay for $40)
$200 to fit it.

Get stuffed, i said.

A bit of research later, this is a fairly common problem.
Pull the trim up around the shifter, disconnect the cable, pop the start switch out, then gently prise the switch apart…

With just a dab of vinegar on a cotton earbud, gently clean the terminals on the circuit board. For the plastic membrane, get a graphite pencil ( they conduct electricity) and scribble all over the 4 recessed contacts. Then clean around the top of the membrane.

Reassemble, reverse and reinstall.

Now, it starts perfectly, every time.
Some guys reckon their repair is still going strong, after 15 months.

Now that i know, if i have to do it every 12 months or so , who cares…its 20 mins… and free.

That $600 is better in my wallet…

3 Likes

Also, getting going on the rest of the deck.

The main deck is done, re-doing the outdoor timber table and chairs…

Have done one chair so far…

1 Like

Ahaa, welcome to my world. $600 my arse watch this :wink: :+1:

1 Like

deck looks schmick as mate, jack of all trades for sure, great job :+1:t2:

1 Like

Like the bill my sister got quoted on her Ford Falcon manual floor shifter… only thing wrong with it was a worn knuckle rubber half way down the stick.

“Aw yeah, you need a new shifter, it’s gonna cost a bazillion sheckles”…

Brought it around to mine, pulled the stick, cleaned out the old rubber and stuck it in a vice upside while the two part urethane I poured into the bush cavity hardened.

Cost her nothing and she drove on that setup for another five years.

DIY… this is the way. :ok_hand:

Us Australians are very resourceful for such things. Just been on the phone with Father whom is replacing his aerial on the 110 series Landcruiser, pattern maker so not the brightest spark. He does wood I do metal :rofl:

1 Like

Final price came back for the start button.

$243.
Two HUNFRED and FORTY THREE dollars.!!

For a part that is manufactured in china, for probably $15…you can buy on ebay for $40…

That they will only give a 12 month warranty on.

Far out, i’m glad i did what i did…
Thats why i avoid dealers…rip off merchants…

Grand motors down the gold coast…servicing Mercs…
I used to joke with Dad…

" Its called grand motors, because as soon as you walk in , thats how much they want to charge you…!!"

Hi, how are you today…thats $1000 , please… :rage: :rage:

I told you a hammer is cheaper :rofl: :v: :+1: :rofl:

Charge you as soon you walk in the front door. They especially don’t like it when you tell them how to fix it, fk off and fix it yourself. Ok then I will. :laughing: :rofl: