Introduce Yourself!

Welcome back mate…… many of the old family here and much knowledge still here within our group :ok_hand:

State bans aside, is great to see the old GBF familiar faces here sharing knowledge and experiences, despite being no longer legally able to be involved in this great hobby/sport.

Hope your time here is enjoyable and valuable for those lucky enough to be able to still legally participate in the whole scene :sunglasses:

1 Like

You have a great memory mate!

Did a job last night on an Austin A30 and the customer tried paying me $220 for the two hours work…… but the cheeky bugger fed me a couple of beers and smokes while I was on the job to soften me up…… so I halved the call-out/hourly rate :joy:

Probably also because he was a 10 year service ex ADF Veteran, with 5 of those years in Timor, then 4 years serving Police Officer after leaving the ADF, also now a current local Volunteer Ambulance Medic …… so that’s an automatic discount in my business any day of the week :+1:

4 Likes

Hi everyone, I kinda overlooked the introduce yourself as I am a bit of an odd quiet introvert that somehow enjoys being social and helpful.
I am coming up to 5 years in the hobby, owned over 40 blasters, though only have 29 atm (3 are still in project phase, and 1 is in need to get it working correctly stage).
Have worked in the industry for a retailer as a sort of 10 month working holiday, now just do tech work at home for friends, and friends of friends, and sometimes friends of friends’ friends lol.

I am a compulsive tinkerer, I simply can not leave alone any blaster. All of mine are now mild to mostly wild, and warranties are not something I am familiar with.

I design and 3d print for blasters, paint, customise, and as much as I love to go for a game, 90% of the hobby is just fiddling and tinkering for me. I love the chode length smgs and rifles, and have developed a great liking to anything not an m4, though I own 9 of them, and have a long standing secret love for the long… black… dmrs :slight_smile:

I was a member on the old forum, and glad to see this one back again. I love the gelball community and helping out others, and as much as I love to see people happy with something I built for me or them, I also get a kick out of empowering others with the knowledge to do it themselves.

Thanks for having me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hello. I was on the old forum and just discovered the new forum.
I have been gel blasting since 2019.
My home field is the CQ Blasters field in Gladstone.
I enjoy travelling to play at other fields including the milsoft events run by Predators Den and Immersive Skirmish.
Sometimes I think I have too many blasters and sometimes not enough.
I started out with a JM Scar and recently acquired a Cyma Scar to come full circle.
My current favourite blasters are probably my DB JW M4 and LDT G36C.
I am good at breaking blasters but not fixing them.
I like playing on the weekends to have a few hours escape from the grind of the real world as I have a stressful job as a lawyer.

7 Likes

Great to have good likeminded people back onboard :+1:

Welcome back @Bulldogs2win and @RokSolid …… great introductions and much knowledge to be both shared and learned :sunglasses:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Random AEG questions

Hi all, snoty here.
New to gell blasters after a mate got me onto it. Living in southern Queensland atm, originally from Vic. Having fun pinging cans with a few mates, I have a double bell sig p226. The forum has a lot of useful tips and is very informative
Cheers

5 Likes

Goodonya, welcome to the forum and looking forward to seeing your blasters and experiences in this great hobby :+1:

1 Like

Hey All,
Name’s Autopilot. I run Ward 3D, I do a lot of designing and printing for gelsoft. Been in the sport since 2019, forgive me but I am a cursed speedster haha. I was apart of the old forum and this new one was brought to my attention decided to rejoin. Also part of the discords as well. I’ve got a few HPA’s, as I said I’m a speedyboi, but I did start as the humble gen 8 m4a1 noob haha.
Also from qld

Cheers

6 Likes

Hi everybody
recently got back into the gel ball community after a year hiatus but now back and playing again. I have 1 blaster, an ldt HK416 and overtime thanks to 2arm2 helping me strip the hell out of my nylon gears have started modding. with a new mk box in the mail and a leviathan around the corner I’m super exited to have some fun on the field. look forward to hanging around and learning in here more often.
also lmk if you need any help with computer parts and the sort, I might be able to help out

5 Likes

Wassup Gamers
Name’s zawch but y’all can call me zach
personally i’d think im abit of an introvert since i’m shy to communicate with strangers but on the other hand, i’d love to meet new people!
i personally own 3 blasters which are
-Jinming ak74u j12 (stock)
-ldt hk416d v3.0 (also stock but i stacked a bunch of accessories on it, for the sake of being cool)
-Kublai p1 (my first ever GBB pistol, i’ve implemented alot of upgrades to this blaster, such as a G34 TTI slide + magwell, a better quality hammer and a longer “mag extension”)
-i used to one a shell ejecting “m870 nerf blaster” which i totally modded it to “launch” gel balls, unfortunately it kinda broke down so F (it was pretty strong tbh)

i mostly use my blaster for display purposes, since im a gun devotee ever since i was a lil boy and the place i happen to live in dOesN’t have a single field where i can play with other players which is quite sad

i’m pretty decent at solving problems, doing computer related things but i normally freak out/become super sad when im unable to do those things. I also love history and gaming!

i also find myself to be effective + productive or super lazy at random times
It’s a pleasure to meet you guys and be a part of this forum!

7 Likes

Welcome to forum always good to see new faces and in puts :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey guys, long time between drinks, but here we are again… used to be a big lurker on the old forum, back before GBB, Gen 9s were a thing and we all bought the cheapest and weirdest blasters to tweak… crazy times but good fun…still have an F2000 bullpup running a Gen 8 box on the wall of shame.

Things have changed, forum’s changed, GB scene’s changed but good to see some familiar peeps in here… guess some things never change. :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome back :+1:
Yeah, things are evolving and the scene has definitely changed since the heydays…… but good to see is still rolling along in Australia and growing overseas to keep the manufacturing industry in business :white_check_mark:

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome… good to be back. :+1:
It’s weird to think that as far as gel blasters go we’re light years ahead of them in the states. Hard not to laugh when you see 'em “ooohing” and “aaaaahing” over a Kriss Vector V2 unboxing. :wink:

2 Likes

They eye opener for me is the proliferation of absolutely cheap and nasty WALMART stuff that everyone is expecting to be good and reliable performance blasters! :flushed:

1 Like

Hi all,

I’m Luke. I’m new to this forum, and although I’m no longer playing (due to the sad closure of my favourite field - Guerilla Blasters-) I enjoy helping out those wanting to know more and start this awesome hobby.

I’m based on the Gold Coast and own or owned:

• SLR ION (we parted ways over the weekend :frowning: )
  • ACR with fully customised internals
  • HPA running Polarstar Jack and a U122 tank to last all day

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of the community!

4 Likes

Welcome and hope you enjoy all the lunatics around here :joy:

Sorry to hear about your field closure, hopefully you can get together with a few locals and enjoy your own games elsewhere.

:sweat_smile: Thanks @DocBob the “lunatics” bit made my day!

Hopefully more fields will pop up on the Goldie!

Hi all, new here…
Just a small part of the collection. Mainly play indoor at GSA

5 Likes