Random AEG questions

Yes, I can totally relate to your situation when I was in the same boat back in the day!

More blasters than could poke a stick at where many were just piled up in big heaps in the corners of the spare room for no reason other than building up the collection.

So wish to have that life again, but it is what it is and am very grateful to have been part of it :sunglasses:

Can I buy stuff, you know just stuff :laughing:

Ah, you guys are very generousā€¦ paying it forward is a great way to score karma points. Thatā€™s what I love about this forumā€¦ the sense of community.

I have a feeling that some of you old guard members that fixed, modded and generally created unique blasters back in the day have a lot of things kicking around that would be considered pretty desirable these daysā€¦ :wink:

Funny how everything old becomes new againā€¦ Iā€™m still getting over watching gushing US reviews of the old JM stuff on Youtube. :thinking:

I thought it was just me that drooled over the old shit :laughing:

1 Like

I like to see what it would be like after Mutha modified itā€¦ triple nuclear reactors, drum mags in the missile bays, sharks with fricken laser beams strapped to their headsā€¦ :laughing:

A big thank you shout out to @Bigmuthadrums for the M203ā€¦ canā€™t wait to get to dressing this M4 up. :grin:

Great to put a face to the username tooā€¦ and to check out your collection, matey. Some amazing stuff in there. :+1:

3 Likes

Damn, quickest deal in the east, sells hotter than meth :joy:

Are you going the carry handle and front triangle site? :thinking:
Great to meet you mate, sorry if I was a bit all over the place and incoherent :grimacing:
Dosed up and all thatšŸ¤£
Looking forward to get on the field with our old tech. and show them how us old boys can take em outšŸ˜Ž
Really was a no brainer to help a fellow forum member at all, as I said if you need anything give me a yellšŸ‘
Iā€™ve probably got it somewhere in all my crapšŸ¤Ŗ

1 Like

Clearly you havenā€™t spent enough time around Cabo train station, mateyā€¦ theyā€™re like squirrels on speed up there :joy:

@Bigmuthadrums Yep, Iā€™m running a larger diameter sleeve over the outer barrel atm, for the DMR look, moot now with the SCAR H filling that role. Iā€™ll end up going back to the carry handle, standard OB and triangle front sight when the 10" handguard comes inā€¦ definitely be a more classic look with that old school GL fitted up.

Thanks again, Muthaā€¦ awesome stuff, youā€™re a legend. :+1:
Hope you start feeling better soon, hey?

3 Likes

Definitely better in old school M4 trimā€¦ donā€™t think Iā€™ll be using that 10" Noveske afterall. :joy:

3 Likes

Heā€™s the village Mad Scientist mateā€¦ā€¦ wasnā€™t dosed up at all.
Mad Scientists are always like that! :joy:

Sounds like Iā€™ll catch something unwanted at that joint :rofl:

Not a place to frequent without kevlar on :grin:

Cross post in case you missed it! :joy:

1 Like

How many parts do you need and how much do you want to spend! :flushed::joy:

No, you are certainly not alone there!
I love the basic old fashioned designs of the early days, before things got much more technical and complicated.

Itā€™s always a great thing that technology evolves over time into better and better products, but like my life of building/working on Hot Rods and Classic Muscle Carsā€¦ā€¦ sometimes the old fashioned basic simplicity is an absolute gem in a world of overcomplicated/complexed engineering.

2 Likes

Question about the old Bing Feng M203 grenade launchersā€¦

When they first came out one of the problems was zero power, gels falling out or exploding out of the barrel. I recently got a spanking new one in the mail (thanks to @DocBob :clap:) and it appears they were made with 9-11mm gels in mind. That would explain the inefficiency. :thinking:

Has anyone ever tried these with the larger gels? I was going to gut and refit internals to suit 8mm gels but maybe notā€¦ :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ I have one, as wellā€¦

They were designed for 11-12mm gels.
It took me awhile to figure out , that larger gels were needed.

I remember buying some from ebay, that might be the only place you could source them from.

it was the only blaster which took gels of that sizeā€¦

1 Like

You were rightā€¦
9-11 mm gelsā€¦

check these out, on ebayā€¦

Use the left over ones, for a ā€œHome Weddingā€¦!!ā€ :rofl: :rofl:

Cheers for that link, mateyā€¦ :+1: much appreciated.

Ordered a couple of packetsā€¦ I canā€™t begin to imagine how the flight characteristics are for a gel that big and soft, but I guess Iā€™ll be finding out. :laughing:

1 Like

Put a HQ Kingswood spring in it thatā€™ll get the fps up! :rofl: :joy: :+1: